It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 pm 

To be fair Karl did well in his time with one of the lowest budgets, improved season on season ending with a 7th place finish (the best in several years) whilst operating on a bottom 4 budget, to be fair him and the club were then a victim of there own success and the start and end of the following season under him were poor,

Comparing him or indeed mozza to Spencer is like apples and pairs Spencer is operating a division lower with one of if not thee largest budget in the league, with a number of experienced proven players on contract, for me Frickley should be walking division one south this season

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:33 pm 

not with the players he is bringin like signing players from lOwer leagues not up to standards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
To be fair Karl did well in his time

if finishing in bottom 6, bottom 5,and 2 relegation places in 4 of his 5 seasons is doing well, you need to raise your standards dingers.
put your loyalties to one side and look at the wider picture if mozza or spen had that record would you be bulling them up.or any other manager for that matter.
a manager stands by his record in what is a results game and im afraid roseys is not that good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:22 am 

To be fair blue Stan with the current budget supposed to being paid I think I could bike this league with it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:50 am 

I was a big fan of Karl and the one season he had a bit of money to spend he produced a great side. I agree the other seasons we struggled due to finance constraints - not Karls fault. We now have a new regime, I don't know what goes on in the boardroom - it is out of my control, I just want to see a good performance on the pitch and the blues promoted. The blues still have my support.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:10 am 

blue stan wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

if finishing in bottom 6, bottom 5,and 2 relegation places in 4 of his 5 seasons is doing well, you need to raise your standards dingers.
put your loyalties to one side and look at the wider picture if mozza or spen had that record would you be bulling them up.or any other manager for that matter.
a manager stands by his record in what is a results game and im afraid roseys is not that good.

Year on year improvement and built a side that finished 7th on a shoe string budget, made the club decent money on reece Thompson and left a side with 6 or 7 decent players when he left first time round,so I stand by my comment his record was pretty decent considering the resource he had compared to the teams he was in competition with, 2nd time round was poor I agree but the timing and circumstances make it harder to judge the board gambled and it didn't pay off that's done now am not the one who brought Karl rose up

Mozzas record was pretty decent points wise it was all the circus that came with it and the way certain players were treated (a point which you largely agreed with at the time) daft decisions cost him like throwing away the lead at marine by not naming a keeper on bench or picking himself against Hednesford again that's done now

As for the present day you speak of standards if you are happy with what Spencer Is doing then you need to raise yours I would suggest, a side with gav, Hazel, ibel et al and clearly a budget in the top few and more than likely the biggest in the league clinging to a play off places and with the hope of automatic promotion already over is clearly an underachievement, from what am told its mostly been direct football and the its clear from results the better sides have found him out i think all the top 5 have beaten Frickley?,

Due to the above i will say this now Spencer Fearn will not get Frickley promoted this season and that will be a Failure 100% with the squad and budget he has, that's my football opinion we will see who is right at the end of the season

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:02 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
blue stan wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

Year on year improvement and built a side that finished 7th on a shoe string budget, made the club decent money on reece Thompson and left a side with 6 or 7 decent players when he left first time round,so I stand by my comment his record was pretty decent considering the resource he had compared to the teams he was in competition with, 2nd time round was poor I agree but the timing and circumstances make it harder to judge the board gambled and it didn't pay off that's done now am not the one who brought Karl rose up

Mozzas record was pretty decent points wise it was all the circus that came with it and the way certain players were treated (a point which you largely agreed with at the time) daft decisions cost him like throwing away the lead at marine by not naming a keeper on bench or picking himself against Hednesford again that's done now

As for the present day you speak of standards if you are happy with what Spencer Is doing then you need to raise yours I would suggest, a side with gav, Hazel, ibel et al and clearly a budget in the top few and more than likely the biggest in the league clinging to a play off places and with the hope of automatic promotion already over is clearly an underachievement, from what am told its mostly been direct football and the its clear from results the better sides have found him out i think all the top 5 have beaten Frickley?,

Due to the above i will say this now Spencer Fearn will not get Frickley promoted this season and that will be a Failure 100% with the squad and budget he has, that's my football opinion we will see who is right at the end of the season

At the start of the season, i stated to people that not making the play-offs would be a 100% failure, given the fact of our budget and including the promotion places too. I still stand by this now.

Last month i'd have been sure that we would make the play-offs, but after only 1 league win in 6 games, i'm not so sure about this now. Anyway there is more then half a season to go, more points to play for, so hopefully our form will improve, starting this Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:59 pm 

Where has ‘never neutral’s post gone about Karl. May be the beers at this time clouded their judgement... or were they ‘encouraged’ to take the post down?

Dingers - did you see it? Your views on YOY improvement under Karl were deemed ‘rubbish’. And you’re still unhappy about a relative being ‘sacked’. Apparently...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:52 am 

Frickley wrote:
Where has ‘never neutral’s post gone about Karl. May be the beers at this time clouded their judgement... or were they ‘encouraged’ to take the post down?

Dingers - did you see it? Your views on YOY improvement under Karl were deemed ‘rubbish’. And you’re still unhappy about a relative being ‘sacked’. Apparently...

Seeing as you're calling me out, there were no beers involved and no encouragement to remove. Why would that happen? There was nothing libellous was in the post, nothing abusive or offensive, Karl was not criticised, just strongly disagreed with someone who fervently pushes Karl's record plus a belief that their motives for constantly criticising the club are suspect. I shouldn't have posted - not because I don't think what I posted was true but because I'm cross with myself for posting whilst tired, for getting involved in this axe grinding and not keeping my thoughts to myself!! Well done for someone spotting the post coz it was only up for about 10-15 minutes - lesson learned. So apologies for my rashness...

More positively, the Blues were superb last night. They played some excellent football and 4-0 flattered Sheffield. Same again v Corby, ta.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:24 am 

Mr Sitter wrote:
DUFFYLUFFY wrote:
Manager going on holiday I will send a cheque and he can stay permanently maybe he shud go as karl rose assistant

Never heard so much rubbish in all my life, where exactly is this sinking ship you are talking about? It's you and a few others that are getting brainwashed listening to some of the vitriol and drivel being served up on here. Quite frankly it's embarrassing over and over again the same old story....... some people need to move on (like they said they were going to).

Agree with this wholeheartedly...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:09 am 

NeverNeutral wrote:
Frickley wrote:

Seeing as you're calling me out, there were no beers involved and no encouragement to remove. Why would that happen? There was nothing libellous was in the post, nothing abusive or offensive, Karl was not criticised, just strongly disagreed with someone who fervently pushes Karl's record plus a belief that their motives for constantly criticising the club are suspect. I shouldn't have posted - not because I don't think what I posted was true but because I'm cross with myself for posting whilst tired, for getting involved in this axe grinding and not keeping my thoughts to myself!! Well done for someone spotting the post coz it was only up for about 10-15 minutes - lesson learned. So apologies for my rashness...

More positively, the Blues were superb last night. They played some excellent football and 4-0 flattered Sheffield. Same again v Corby, ta.

Libellous? crikey - wasn't suggesting that for one minute!! :roll:

You sound like a 'sharper than average' Frickley / football fan, jumping straight to that kind of language... :lol:

Its only non-league football you know, hardly the corridors of power at a football powerhouse such as Leeds United! Mind you, with all the shenanigans in and around Frickley these days, it reminds me of the amazing football TV Soap that was 'Dream Team'... so many similar characters too... :wink:

And BTW, you CAN criticise Karl if you want, and anyone else for that matter... thats one of the things that IS allowed on a supporters fan forum... and you certainly shouldn't feel the need to remove a post either - but always be prepared for a counter-opinion / response... don't be cross with yourself - what is the world coming to when people feel as tho they can't speak up / voice their thoughts...

That's how things work in a civilised democratic country. People think differently. And have different views - And that is OK!

Mind you, I can certainly understand your reticence to keep posts / thoughts on the forum... a phone call and / or tap on the shoulder could be just around the corner these days, it seems... :oops: :shock:

Being one of the 124 last night and having a late night, as well getting up early the next morning isn't ideal for being super-alert... you sound like a 'super fan' attending all games - good for you. I remember those days too 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:03 am 

it is nice to hear that some of us travelled last night as i think we made up about 50% of the gate, but then the people come on here slating our performances that have not even seen us this season and yes we were good last night and could have easily won 8-0 but for some last ditch defending and heroic goalkeeping, im not bothered personally what the budget is,that is none of my business and should be for a select few only to know until its made public.
lets get behind the club and the team and see if we can make this a season to celebrate,and to all the negative folk out there - nobody wins a league in november.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:23 pm 

blue stan wrote:
it is nice to hear that some of us travelled last night as i think we made up about 50% of the gate, but then the people come on here slating our performances that have not even seen us this season and yes we were good last night and could have easily won 8-0 but for some last ditch defending and heroic goalkeeping, im not bothered personally what the budget is,that is none of my business and should be for a select few only to know until its made public.
lets get behind the club and the team and see if we can make this a season to celebrate,and to all the negative folk out there - nobody wins a league in november.

Last night was the first time I had seen the Blues this season and I was very impressed by them. It was the best Blues side I have seen in some time.

Good to catch up with a few of you last night! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:34 pm 

Frickley wrote:

Football is a game of opinions mine is under Karl the team was developed to the stage were we secured a 7th place finish, previous to that we successfully avoided relegation with one of the lowest budgets in the league, I agree last season at the start it went tits up and was a disaster at the end that's my view other are entitled to there's

As for the crap about a relatve been sacked? For one Karl was not getting paid and I have stated before as far as Karl leaving is concerned although I was obviously disappointed 'that's football' my concern was and still is the record of the people that have taken over and the fact the new manager wasn't appointed on merit.

had we gone and appointed say a Chris Hilton or a Steve kitterick etc etc I would have said new owners wanting there own man and that's fair enough good luck to them

All people say is oh dingbat he is just moaning cos Karl is his cousin well am sick of it, like I have said before I have travelled all over the country at my own expense following Frickley I have arranged a sponsorship deal worth several thousand pounds to help the club is have loved going up there week in week out it was an honour so I have a right to be concerned, surely people can see that my concerns are genuine??? And not out of spite?? I have put them to one side now and I am letting Fearn and Co get on with things, for the good of the club

I spoke about about the treatment of chad as I believed it was unfair and have responded to other posts in this thread I have not brought up the subjects in question and I no longer comment on the actions of the current board

However I am allowed (as is everyone) to have an opinion mine is that Spencer won't get us promoted why am I not allowed to say that? Karl and mozza got pelters of here many times yet no one can say anything negative about the current regime without someone's backside falling out

Oh and never neutral before you start critisising my relationship with Karl why don't you declare on here in public your own business relationship with Spencer Fearn?? Which am sure is all above board etc am not questioning that but your media students all do apprenticeships though lifeskills which is his company so your hardly a neutral voice in all this are you?

Anyway that's it now there is no point anyone saying anything ever on here ever again close the forum down cos it's like the taliban on here now

And if anyone has anything to say then speak to me in person

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:43 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
Frickley wrote:

Football is a game of opinions mine is under Karl the team was developed to the stage were we secured a 7th place finish, previous to that we successfully avoided relegation with one of the lowest budgets in the league, I agree last season at the start it went tits up and was a disaster at the end that's my view other are entitled to there's

As for the crap about a relatve been sacked? For one Karl was not getting paid and I have stated before as far as Karl leaving is concerned although I was obviously disappointed 'that's football' my concern was and still is the record of the people that have taken over and the fact the new manager wasn't appointed on merit.

had we gone and appointed say a Chris Hilton or a Steve kitterick etc etc I would have said new owners wanting there own man and that's fair enough good luck to them

All people say is oh dingbat he is just moaning cos Karl is his cousin well am sick of it, like I have said before I have travelled all over the country at my own expense following Frickley I have arranged a sponsorship deal worth several thousand pounds to help the club is have loved going up there week in week out it was an honour so I have a right to be concerned, surely people can see that my concerns are genuine??? And not out of spite?? I have put them to one side now and I am letting Fearn and Co get on with things, for the good of the club

I spoke about about the treatment of chad as I believed it was unfair and have responded to other posts in this thread I have not brought up the subjects in question and I no longer comment on the actions of the current board

However I am allowed (as is everyone) to have an opinion mine is that Spencer won't get us promoted why am I not allowed to say that? Karl and mozza got pelters of here many times yet no one can say anything negative about the current regime without someone's backside falling out

Oh and never neutral before you start critisising my relationship with Karl why don't you declare on here in public your own business relationship with Spencer Fearn?? Which am sure is all above board etc am not questioning that but your media students all do apprenticeships though lifeskills which is his company so your hardly a neutral voice in all this are you?

Anyway that's it now there is no point anyone saying anything ever on here ever again close the forum down cos it's like the taliban on here now

And if anyone has anything to say then speak to me in person

Whoa, get your facts straight, fella. I have no business relationship with anyone at the club. Nor does Chris - who you obviously, and wrongly, think I am. I am 100% volunteer. My day job is as a Physics teacher at a secondary school, which I have done for the past 25 years and will probably do till I retire.

I never questioned your right to have your say. I just disagree with most of what you say - which is my right too.

And like you, if you want say anything, feel free to say it in person - I rarely miss a game, home or away at the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next