It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Teams to watch out for
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:08 pm 

Why ask on here , where the game hasn't even been discussed? . Just go back on all things mariners, (you know the members only page on Facebook ) which you have joined . the one for shields fans . :lol: .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 pm 

Ha ha ha really.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:22 pm 

Obsessed^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 pm 

Ha ha i remember seeing you at peterlee. Oh hang on a minute. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:48 pm 

I go back to my post on 23/09/17 of Shields "shipping" too many goals. I take no pleasure from the fact that the joint Coaches seem to realise it as well. We are still winning, but cannot seem to kill the game off. Time to tighten up at the back.
Atherton Collieries this weekend. Another team like ourselves who were promoted and they had a good win in the Trophy last week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:45 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Ha ha i remember seeing you at peterlee. Oh hang on a minute. :D

Which game

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 pm 

Goole get only their 2nd win of the season today with a 1-0 win at the VPG against Ramsbottom, an early Karl Stewart goal been the difference as his cross Cum shot deceived the keeper who collected it well enough only problem been he was already behind his goal line.

Rammy should have been level straight away as a misplaced pass from the goole midfield saw the striker clean though one on one only for the keeper to make a brilliant save. The rammy keepers day to forgot then continued as first he miscontrolled a backpass in his own 6 yard box but fortunately Stewart slipped when making the challenge and was unable to square across for what would have been a tap in his luck was then in as a floated cross caught the wind, he misjudged it only to see it hit the post rebound off his head hit the post again hit him on the back and go wide!!!

For once the goole defence showed some solidarity and the usual chances for the opposition didn't arrive thankfully the only other rammy chance coming in added time when a loose ball dropped to a sub in the area but he fired wide, a deserved moment of luck for the vikings who worked there backsides off all afternoon and despite the fortunate goal they deserved there victory IMHO, hopefully this is the start of some kind of sustainable improvement,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 pm 

Nice possible draw in the Integro Cup. Away to Cleethorpes or Tadcaster Albion. Home to tad caster this Saturday coming, so a good yardstick. If Cleethorpes, then a rerun of the FA Vase Final in May.
A couple of decent ground out results lately sees us top of the league, but still a long way to go. The heavy pitches are a great leveller.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 am 

It seems a long time since we played a home game, so fingers crossed Tuesday nights game with Sunderland RCA in the Durham Challenge Cup goes ahead. Then it's Trafford at home next Saturday. Nice to get a first "double" of the season away at Brighouse yesterday. Was looking ahead and away to Bamber Bridge on 30th December and home to Scarborough on New Years Day could be pretty defining games for all concerned. We have it in our own hands, but still a long way to the finishing line.
A merry Christmas to all supporters of non league football.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 pm 

The vikings revival now very much on after 7 points from the last 3 games including yesterday's fantastic come back win at brighouse, hopefully the momentum can continue saturday v colwyn bay, things tightening up at the bottom after goole looked dead and buried mid January

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:05 am 

Funny since South Shields have gone on another unbeaten run none of the officials have been overweight or the pitches have been rubbish. Would you credit it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:02 pm 

Now there on facebook instigating morpeth maybe chucking games so they dont get promoted. Oh dear.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:38 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
The vikings revival now very much on after 7 points from the last 3 games including yesterday's fantastic come back win at brighouse, hopefully the momentum can continue saturday v colwyn bay, things tightening up at the bottom after goole looked dead and buried mid January

unfortunetly lost the next 2 games, lost a tight drab game to a solid looking Colwyn Bay 1-0 at home, then lost 2-0 at Radcliffe despite have 6 or 7 clear chances to score and dominating for large periods of the game, also notable for a half hour delay due to a powercut of which for about 10 mins until some lights came back on the ground was plunged into total darkness with no light for miles around

recovered on Saturday though with a spirited victory at Skem, despite playing with 10 men for over an hour, Danny south sent off after allegedly stamping on the Skem skipper, incidently the Skem skipper was sent off in injury time for a headbut that was honestly one of the most sickening things i have ever seen on a football pitch, hopefully the authorities and the club take appropriate action, loads of yound kids there as well to witness what was a horrible incident.

Goole took the lead not long after going down to 10 men and then were holding on 2nd half, nicked another goal on the break and showed great courage and fight to hold on and resist a barrage of skem attacks and despite them pulling one back, held on to take a vital 3 points that keeps the season alive, looks as though its a 3 way scrap between the vikings, Ossett Albion and Skem to avoid the drop now, Ossett could however rise above the dogfight if they win there games in hand certainly be intresting and at least Goole now have a chance which didnt look the case at the start of the year. i honestly think 4 wins could keep them up now

South Shields at home saturday (Weather permitting - with bad weather forecast esp for the east of yorkshire this week) looking forward to it and hopefully a big crowd boosted by the masses travelling from the north east

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:52 pm 

Looks like a decent enough set of players there at Goole now to pick up some points in the remainder of the season. How come Jordan Turner left so soon though? He seemed to be doing okay for you and I saw he got at least one MOTM award, and has certainly been banging the goals in back at (Worksop) Handsworth lately.
Ossett United's new regime btw have 'guaranteed' that Albion won't get relegated this year. :roll:

PS Skem's extended (but censored!) video highlights link below - think Southy's sending off probably justified + a bit silly to give the ref the chance... initial offence looks like obstruction by the Skem player tho.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=jesi6B3UGN4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 pm 

Squad far stronger since end of November time picked up something like 15 or 16 points last 12 games or so which isn't brilliant but is mid table form, continue that for the last 11 games and they will stay up

Jordan Turner was excellent IMHO and in his last game bagged a hat trick against mossley unfortunately handsworth offered him far more money and off he went which has happened several times this season lost Tyler Williams and Carl Stewart in similar circumstances, very tough for Goole to compete financially even with some teams in the NCEL

Southy gave the ref a decision to make however for me it was harsh, as danny was only intrested in winning the ball plus ref should have nlown earlier and avoided the situation all together. Not surprising that they edited the headbutt out as it could land the player with a conviction one of worse things I have ever seen on a football pitch in 25 years of watching the game no exaggeration,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next