It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: bedworth game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:09 pm 

what a bad day at the office that was, luckily we are still 3rd in the league,but lets use it as a wake up call,not one player could hold his hand up and say he had a good game,we were poor all over the pitch,first half performance was not too bad as we were still in it at 2-1, but the first 7/8 minutes of the 2nd half killed the game off,they looked lively all over the pitch,their 2 strikers worked well together and looked dangerous everytime they were on the ball, their goalie certainly earned a pint or three tonight with a top display,the number 2 having pace to burn and showed our defence up for speed time after time, we do not have the pace to go with 3 at the back,maybe reverting to a flat back 4 might reduce our goals against column, the team looks better with hazel playing in the hole behind the front 2, we will score goals with this side but the worrying thing is the amount of goals we are conceeding. :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re: bedworth game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:12 pm 

blue stan wrote:
what a bad day at the office that was, luckily we are still 3rd in the league,but lets use it as a wake up call,not one player could hold his hand up and say he had a good game,we were poor all over the pitch,first half performance was not too bad as we were still in it at 2-1, but the first 7/8 minutes of the 2nd half killed the game off,they looked lively all over the pitch,their 2 strikers worked well together and looked dangerous everytime they were on the ball, their goalie certainly earned a pint or three tonight with a top display,the number 2 having pace to burn and showed our defence up for speed time after time, we do not have the pace to go with 3 at the back,maybe reverting to a flat back 4 might reduce our goals against column, the team looks better with hazel playing in the hole behind the front 2, we will score goals with this side but the worrying thing is the amount of goals we are conceeding. :roll: :roll:

Touché

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:55 pm 

As I posted on the basford game thread I said we are not good enough YET, we need JC back because on this form we are heading for a top 10 place. I still hold to that view. The players today have to have a good look at their own performance today and hang their heads in shame. I think they need a stiff talking to because the money SOME of the player are now on well they should be better than that. Have they started to think they only have to turn up and will win?
Todays game and team was rubbish. Blue Stan you are spot on mate.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:56 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
blue stan wrote:

Touché

Be carefull boys, opinion not allowed on here, Spencer knows best remember he has been offered jobs by championship clubs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:07 pm 

One can only tell it as one sees it Dingbat nowt wrong with that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:51 pm 

for me that was a mirrored display of last week at kidsgrove, poor defending is costing us as well as missed chances. we could have scored double figures today. MOM was their keep by a mile imo. be more clinical guys instead of panicking. 6 points lost from the last 2 games.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:47 am 

Thought Hazel had a good game, created several chances - that was the only plus for me yesterday. We started off quite well, missed a sitter while at 1 0 which could have made a difference. Thought Bedworth no 2 was excellent, ripped our defence to pieces every time he got the ball. Our defence was slow and doesn't have the ability to clear trouble, lost count of the number of passes made from our box to a green shirt. Easy to see why we are leaking goals, warning signs were there first half when they were hitting the woodwork. With this defence I think we will ship a lot of goals, we just need to knock them in at the other end. Having said all that, the keeper will never play like that again, we missed a pen and on a couple of occasions hit players stood on the goal line, so yes, wasteful up front but a bit unlucky as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:06 am 

nice to see others agree with me about our defence, one thing i have noted over the last few games is that our best defender so far this season IMO has been on the bench in fabian bailey,surely his performances upto this point warrant a starting place?