It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Away support
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm 

What are everyone's thoughts on the supporters not being able to go on players bus anymore as a smaller bus will "reduce costs " seems yet again fans don't mean anything at Frickley

Post subject: Re: Away support
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 pm 

I can't make a direct correlation betwen reducing the size of an often under utilised players coach, in terms of capacity, & not caring about fans? I really can't see that. In fact, its a massive opportunity for the Supporters Club to provide options for real supporters & support local transport companies.

There used to be a nightbus in Sheffield, no one used it & they cancelled it - it wasn't an attack on people having a night out.

We can run a 55 seater coach with 30 people on it (most games) or a 30 seater coach with 30 people on it (every game). Which one makes the most sense?

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:45 am 

How much is the difference in cost? Presumably if it's a game where lots of people are wanting to go you could approach the club and ask to share a bigger bus and take subs in advance.... for games where less are interested, book yer own minibus + no need to wait around for the players afterwards = all sounds good.
(+That way it will also show whether it really is a cost issue too for any doubters.)

PS Possibility of winning every game not withstanding, a lot of the games may have less take up this year as regards the glamour (or not) of the far-off southern locations.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:25 am 

Interesting mini did you EVER go away on the bus it was great to have the banter with the players and management win or lose but you wouldn't know that.Stop paying the stupid wages the club can't afford that will save money are you seriously trying to tell me to trust the people who spent £659,000 on a what should have been a maximum of £350,000 changing room yes it is nice to see a winning team but once again at what cost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:27 am 

Old school wrote:
Interesting mini did you EVER go away on the bus it was great to have the banter with the players and management win or lose but you wouldn't know that.Stop paying the stupid wages the club can't afford that will save money are you seriously trying to tell me to trust the people who spent £659,000 on a what should have been a maximum of £350,000 changing room yes it is nice to see a winning team but once again at what cost

P'raps it boils down to different regimes having different approaches and priorities. Pre-season Karl was on about wanting to get a good atmosphere of togetherness this season on the coach between players and fans, as he felt that was important to the way the club was run in general. But other people have different ideas and if it's seen as an unnecessary expense, then some things have to go. And whether you can directly relate it to wages, may also depend on where the wages money comes from and where the bus money comes from?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:29 am 

Old school wrote:

Let me play devils advocate here Old school....... weren't you boycotting away travel while the Morris/Kay regime were in charge.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:34 am 

I still have some unwanted bottles of 'bus atmosphere' from Skem away if anyone want to take them off my hands?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:33 am 

The people who know me know what "atmosphere" I'm talking about.mr sitter yes you're quite right I didn't go on the bus during that time as it was an extremely miserable bus that only half the players went on the other half and management chose not to take the bus which didn't bode well for team building

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:35 pm 

sod it......lets all go by bus or train, im sure blade will agree with me. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:26 pm 

May I suggest?... Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:18 pm 

It's ok for most supporters most can drive but what about the ones that can't drive and it's used to be good on the bus as it was a good atmosphere win or lose. I wonder who agreed for it just to be a players bus. I think frickley ain't bothered about it's supporters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 pm 

Frickleyfan30 wrote:
I wonder who agreed for it just to be a players bus.

Really?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:48 pm 

Boyspen if you don't mind me asking did you ever use the players bus or are you a home only supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:43 pm 

I am familiar with the delights of the Frickley Fun bus, yes. :o
(so can kinda see why someone might not want that kind of eight-pint-riff-raff distracting the players)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 pm 

Why don't someone arrange a supports bus for the supports that want to go to away games