It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Marine match report
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:13 pm 

I don't normally post on here, but the absolute lack in professionalism and the explicit objectivity in the recent match report has to be addressed and quite frankly outrages me. Here's a few choice phrases-

1. "Hindsight - the greatest superhero power, better than invisibility or x-ray vision....."- is this referencing the management team's decision to not name a sub goalkeeper? It is not hindsight, naming a sub goalkeeper in the modern game is simply common sense.

2. "Is there a guarantee that a sub goalie would have made for a different result - maybe"- this season our defence has been shaky at the best of times, imagine the reaction within them when (within a highly pressured game) they are forced to play with a midfielder in goal, as opposed to an actual goalkeeper. Are you really suggesting we would have imploded the way we did with Diggles or even Jon Hood in goal?

3. "I suspect an injury stretched squad having to play for more than half an hour with 10 men was a greater contributory factor to the result"- once again this point is invalidated, as I suspect with the team we had on the pitch, we could have quite comfortably consolidated the rest of the game with an arduous workmanlike performance; remember we were 3-0 up at that point.

4 "Frickley drawing away at Marine having been 3 up will not be the thing that relegates us"- last year, a single point was the difference between Mickleover Sports staying up and Stamford being relegated, yet Frickley's failure to hold on to a 3-0 lead will inevitably prove insignificant? I wish I had the confidence in our management team that Mr Johnson quite clearly has.

5. "If we do go down it will be the fact that we had no points after 7 league matches that caused it"- this part is an utter outrage. Mr Johnson is stating that if (an 'if' that seems a distinct reality) Frickley are relegated at the end of the season, then the entire blame is directed at Karl Rose. The same Karl Rose that last year took Frickley to their highest league finish in ten years, and the same Karl Rose that was a loyal servant to the club. Yes, the results at the start of the season were bitterly disappointing, but this blame is absolutely disgusting. Morris and Kay have had 40 games to sort this mess out, why haven't they?

It is quite clear that the result at Marine was due to sheer incompetence by the consistently inept management duo, this amateurish hubris at not naming a sub goalkeeper seemingly being whitewashed by an absolutely obnoxious attempt of vindication. If Mr Johnson and the rest of the team that work behind the scenes feel this is the way Frickley should be run, an almost Orwellian body that must always eulogise the actions of an increasingly resented management team, then they should realise that they are going to continue to alienate the fans of what was, only last year, such a positive and optimistic football club being degraded by enforced dogma and clear disillusionment.

I will always back Frickley in every game, but continue to find it so difficult given the nature of how the club has changed so much in such a little space of time, whilst also finding it difficult to back a management team that is quite clearly tactically inept with no comprehensible long term aims.

Post subject: Re: Marine match report
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 pm 

Mini is a top lad end off and the media stuff this season as been superb some points I agree with re Saturday and the GK situation but not about mini who gives his time for free and again I reiterate is a top lad enough said

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:00 am 

Assuming this entire thing isn't a wind-up...

"then the entire blame is directed at Karl Rose"
Funny, I read it and it doesn't even mention Karl Rose once?

"Morris and Kay have had 40 games to sort this mess out, why haven't they?"
Again I must be in a parralel universe where Frickl(e)y are still bottom of the table and the season has ended.

Shame on the writer's lack of 'professionalism' though when they get paid copious amounts and there are dozens of people offering to do the reports for free. Maybe an idea would be to speak to / email them direct instead?
Some bizarre posts on this forum sometimes. :?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:36 am 

First of all, I'm not criticising Mr Johnson's match reports or any other media that he publishes for Frickley and, having never met him in person, I'm not criticising him as a person either.

However, what I do feel needs to be brought to attention is the absolute lack of professionalism in the last match report only. It is startlingly obvious that the piece is aimed to defend the management team's absolute ineptitude in the Marine game, but for what reason? I don't agree with fans being told what to think.

Also, the part which I believe is referring to Karl Rose is "If we go down it will be the fact we had 0 points after seven games that caused it" which quite clearly states that if we are relegated, then the sole reason will be the first seven games under Karl Rose- this point couldn't be more clearer.

I think Mr Johnson took over a vital part of the club and has been performing it well, the post was not a criticism of Mr Johnson but rather the Marine match report solely for the treatment of Karl Rose and the attempt to vindicate the management team- in future I would wish that this kind of content would not appear in future publications.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 am 

First of all to refer to your post 1401. Would we have won the game with a reserve keeper - if you saw the goals conceded, definitely. I think Mozza would put his hand up to that one, it was a mistake, we all make them. He has learnt from it as we had a keeper on the bench last night - end of story. I am still a big fan of Karl and his football, gave us some good times but then his team was ripped apart and we saw the result, no wonder he left. Mozza took the job on after 7 games with 0 points, signed bargain basement players and has got them battling for the club, the spirit seems great and thats down to the manager. Now it looks like we're heading for safety which is a great achievement. About time we gave Mozza a bit of credit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:46 am 

Firstly, regarding the original post - fair play, everyone is allowed their opinion & I'm sure that there are many more that agree with the posting & long may that continue, it's a liberal democracy that we live in after all & I'm always keen to take feedback - I'm very new to it all.

My only comment would be that it ISN'T intended to have a go at Karl in any way - I have a good relationship with Karl & if I wanted to criticize him I would do it in such a way to give him fair redress. If it reads as a dig at Karl, then I apologise as it isn't. Just a point to note too - Karl was only in charge for 5 of the first 7 league games, Hoody & Thommo took the next 2, the Lee & James joined us.

CH1401 - you're clearly an eloquent & skilled wordsmith, why not help the club? If you want to take over the match reports I'd be delighted (it would free me up to do other things) or if you want to help writing the programme notes (which the Chairman currently collates) that would be a massive help.

If you're interested in doing either / both of these roles, drop me an email to michaelj0hns0n@hotmail.co.uk & I can sort you out with the relevant logins etc.

Hope to hear from you soon

Michael (aka Mini)

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 am 

& of course, thank you to the messages of support - I am not worthy!

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:45 pm 

Quote:
If you want to take over the match reports

We can't have anybody taking over from Clarkey :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:44 pm 

Bluedragon wrote:
Quote:
If you want to take over the match reports

We can't have anybody taking over from Clarkey :D

I'd be grateful if you kept those secrets to yourself.....

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:42 pm 

WOW!
i cannot believe what this forum is actually now becoming, previously we used to have about a dozen to twenty regular posters with lots of tongue in cheek comments, banter, and even some sensible comments thrown in, making it a vibrant part of our social network, that would talk about anything from the weather to the price of a loaf in morrisons, even some snippets about frickley, until frickley1 reminded us all it was a football forum(good old F1) and blade would correct everyone on their grammar.
it seems the fun has gone out of posting on this forum, for whatever reason.
but what the hell is the point of this thread :?: :?: :?:
it sounds to me like its to have a go at mr johnson and his match reports, so what, the guy took over the running of the website when the club lost a good loyal servant who probably did too many roles within the club, and his roles were spread out amongst the VOLUNTEERS within the club, from what i hear mr johnson is being paid less than the minimum wage by the club, yet still continues to fulfill his role, ive heard he doesnt have a degree in sports reporting either, but credit where its due, he tries his best to keep all our viewers informed, in fact he does an excellent job considering at the start of the season he couldnt do joined up writing.

we all have different opinions, its what makes life interesting,whether we agree with his opinions or not( and i dont always do) we should be grateful for the role he plays within the club because without people of his kind, and others behind the scenes we wouldnt have a club.

lets get back to a bubbly, happy, vibrant forum.

p.s .pick a MOTM out of those last night mini, im sure we might all disagree, but only cos there was about 6 candidates unable to be separated. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:27 pm 

ch1401 wrote:

Also, the part which I believe is referring to Karl Rose is "If we go down it will be the fact we had 0 points after seven games that caused it" which quite clearly states that if we are relegated, then the sole reason will be the first seven games under Karl Rose- this point couldn't be more clearer.

Well the report cited the 0 points after 7 games... but it was yourself who then attributed the blame for this to Mr.Karl Rose - not Mr.Johnson who in fact left this aspect open to interpretation (there were 11 players - 10 at times - on the pitch too... or maybe 9 at one stage? who could also be culpable for instance)... SO STOP BRINGING KARL INTO EVERYTHING!
I re-re-refer you to your earlier statement: "Mr Johnson is stating that if (an 'if' that seems a distinct reality) Frickley are relegated at the end of the season, then the entire blame is directed at Karl Rose."
(No further questions yr honour)

Last edited by boyspen on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 pm 

blue stan wrote:
in fact he does an excellent job considering at the start of the season he couldnt do joined up writing.

Here, here - he's coming on leaps and bounds. Look, the guy can even write reports of games he wasn't at - surely that's as close to professional journalism as we could ask from him?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:29 pm 

It's OK chaps - let's call it a day - ch1401 & I have communicated (electronically) & it's all water under the bridge as far as the 2 of us are concerned.

In fact it could turn out to be very advantageous for the club - so triumph from adversity & all that.

I am humbled by my fellow posters show of support however - I have a tear in my eye.......but it could be conjunctivitis!

Pip pip

PS - Don't forget to vote for Mangs on Non League Yorkshire website

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:16 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
It's OK chaps - let's call it a day

You keep out of this!
And what's this "Makelele roll " you speak of in your latest report and is it pescetarian?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:47 am 

Quote:
And what's this "Makelele roll " you speak of in your latest report

Is that not the new loaf at Morrisons?