It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:42 pm 

Suppose it's the keyboard warriers fault we lost today not the fact we constantly pick immobile centre half pairings week in week out, or the fact we play 2 centre backs in midfield after letting a capable lad leave this week (ackroyd) or the fact we we gave up at 2-2 and showed about as much passion as a dead wasp on a car windscreen 2nd half; absolute discrace that 2nd half performance could have been 10 if they had been arsed

Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:06 pm 

20 minutes we were a class above, 70 minutes we were dire. again a shocking result, i feel for you mozza i really do. 5 tap ins they had and 1 decent shot, defence was non existent from the centre halfs.

obviously players missing, but even then we had no reply to 6 goals, which was hard to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:01 pm 

'I feel for you mozza' for gods sake he picks the team he plays players out of position as said by dingbat why let ackroyd go when we're desperate for that type of midfielder absolutely shocking today as soon as we go behind all we do is kick boards and shout how useless so android as for having a go at Tyler there's a time and a place for that not pitch side for all and sundry to hear the lad needs an arm around him not constant bollockings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:05 pm 

Class for the first 20 mins...... then an utter sambles for the next 70mins. This result and performance is an hard one to take tonight and it's quite hurting some what. After the Rushall result last week, I thought we would kick on. But every time we take a step forward, we seem to go two steps back. At least it wasn't a league game, but it is £2700 (so I'm lead to believe), down the drain.

There is no point in picking individuals out, because they don't seem to like getting "picked on", by thier own fans, after a poor performance. But for 70mins today, that performance was totally unacceptable. However i would like to say fair play to Nathan Valentine and Seb for actually having the guts at the end of the game to say "sorry" to myself after today. The rest of the lads, just wanted to feel sorry for themselves and feel hard done by when fans are not happy with them. But how can they be happy after traveling and watching that today? The players and management team need to stop feeling sorry for themselves, and prove me and the rest of the fans wrong. There are no keyboard warriors on here, just hurting fans wanting to see a trying and hard working side.

So dust yourself off lads, and get us 3pts next Saturday.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:52 pm 

Didn't go - glad I didn't. I'm a big fan of Ackroyd, he's a good player in a position we are wanting, cant understand why he's been let go unless he's found better money. As for today I was half expecting it, I've found this season the many of the players only seem motivated against the better teams. Snan't shed any tears about being out of the sheff cup although £2700 does surprise me, I thought we got next to nothing from it. If its true its money the club can't afford to throw away. Season goes from bad to worse, which team is going to turn up on Saturday!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:10 pm 

Sheff Cup? I thought it was the FA Trophy. Very disappointing indeed. Need to get players fit and focused and with some
fire in their bellies, but not getting sent off hopefully.
Fortunes can turn suddenly, but I must say it looks like being a hard and long season from what little I have seen and from
what I read and have been told by supporters I trust.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:51 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
There are no keyboard warriors on here.

You speak for yourself pal !

P.s where does it say Sam Ackeroyd has left the club ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:09 am 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
RIP Rory Dove wrote:
There are no keyboard warriors on here.

You speak for yourself pal !

P.s where does it say Sam Ackeroyd has left the club ?

That comment could mean one of two things.

Either there are other keyboard warriors on here or I'm a keyboard warrior. If it's the latter, then far from it. Most people at Frickley know who I am, and judging by the reaction from the players and management team yesterday, they know who I am too. It's all well and good boosting to us "keyboard warriors" when we win. But what about when we lose poorly? Do we have to stay quiet and not care?

P.S when have I stated that Sam Ackeroyd has left the club? I haven't. He's on holiday. But you knew that because I already told you. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:20 am 

It was a reference to myself, and the Ackeroyd comment was to everyone who said he'd left. As I haven't seen anything through official channels. If it was about you then I would have quoted your statement like I did about the 'keyboard warrior ' But you never said he'd left, hence I didn't quote it..Get it ? :roll:

You really are paranoid !

Another thing, the grammar on this forum has gone to pot. Blade have a word :D

Last edited by seanmarshallsshorts on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:22 am 

where do we start with that....embarrassing to be 2-0 up and lose 6-2 to a team a division below us, it shows how low we are stooping, fair play to them they wanted it more and looked a well organised team and played well to deserve the victory, we know what gav allott can do to teams, so what do we do....let him have the ball at his feet and run at defenders (i use that word lightly)
their number 7 had a stormer and got crosses in and beat people at will, we played ok until their 2nd goal went in, then our defence went awol, midfield were chasing shadows, and created nothing upfront, one upfront is ok with the right type of player up there, and we all know lukes best position is not up there,we were slow to respond to any 2nd ball situation, and the defence, well you could have drove a number 8 bus through there and nobody would have stuck their arm out.
where has sam akeroyd moved to?
nate curtis moved back to ossett town,
someone asked me yesterday if the side now is better than the one that rosey left, honestly i dont think it is, and how many of roseys players are left, besides macca, valentine and the 5 contract players.
which begs the question, why have we got 5 contract players when only 2 are regular starters, who is to blame that we have 5 and not all 5 start, is it the manager? or is it the board?
if we are not going to consider them regularly and mess them about,sell them and recoup something.
which also begs another question( yes im doing some begging, might take my guy outside the coop)
mozza is cutting his teeth in management we know that,but is he up to the job?
at the moment we have to give him time to turn things around, but is he bringing in too many lower league players, who are not upto standard?
mozza was a hasty appointment 4 days after we first advertised for a manager.
so before people start having a go at mozza, could the real problem be something deeper within the club.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:50 pm 

Told Akroyd gone back to ossett by several sources yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:58 pm 

Didn't Tyler sign for Ossett a few weeks back? Just saying.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:17 pm 

Didn't I once sign for a team in Ossett? Yeah, SMS, the grammar is going to pot. I blame that green away kit.
Grammar lessons available for £100 an hour.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:19 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
Didn't Tyler sign for Ossett a few weeks back? Just saying.

Akroyd signing for Ossett from 2 sources one at Frickley the other at ossett

Nathan Curtis and akroyd both told by Lee Morris don't leave your playing at Rushall, both on bench, not arsed about Curtis letting akroyd go a mistake esp when your playing 2 centre backs in midfield

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:05 am 

Some of the goals from Shaw Lane .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHb6zMo ... e=youtu.be