It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Darlington's admission costs
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:20 am 

I'm sure there's going to be several topics about them over the coming months over various issues, but their forum is good readin at the minute

* some of them suggesting £15 for Adult admission
*some of them not even bothered if any away fans will turn up

What exactly is the cap on entrance fees in this league? Is it £5-£7 or something?

Now i do understand Darlington's circumstances and that they need to raise revenue to move back home, get a team to win promotion etc but the big time charlie attitude from the fans is going to wind people up the wrong way.

Personally if they charged £8 admission, i wouldn't mind paying that as it would be an enjoyable matchday experience and honour to play a former conference and football league team but if this is the case then the Darlington fans AWAY from home should get charged the same as we would visiting them and keep the home admission for the HOME fans the same at £5/£6.

People all over the world
Join Mike Amos
Start a Northern League Love Train, Love Train

Bishop Auckland FC - Living on past glories since 1957

Post subject: Re: Darlington's admission costs
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:26 am 

Stevey_Guy wrote:
I'm sure there's going to be several topics about them over the coming months over various issues, but their forum is good readin at the minute

* some of them suggesting £15 for Adult admission
*some of them not even bothered if any away fans will turn up

What exactly is the cap on entrance fees in this league? Is it £5-£7 or something?

Now i do understand Darlington's circumstances and that they need to raise revenue to move back home, get a team to win promotion etc but the big time charlie attitude from the fans is going to wind people up the wrong way.

Personally if they charged £8 admission, i wouldn't mind paying that as it would be an enjoyable matchday experience and honour to play a former conference and football league team but if this is the case then the Darlington fans AWAY from home should get charged the same as we would visiting them and keep the home admission for the HOME fans the same at £5/£6.

To be fair the £15 suggestion was laughed at but we certainly need to raise extra revenue to make us the strongest challengers and the fans are the key to that. From paying £16/£18 any cut is welcome for some, personally I'd pay £15 a game if it gave us the edge to get promoted but I know others wouldn't.

I think we have to box clever on this one, maybe a more expensive VIP Season Ticket (pie and a pint thrown in or something) Or charge £8 but don't pick up your change from a tenner, there's loads of ways to get a few more quid for the cause.

I don't think anyone has the big time charlie attitude, just a disbelief as to how far we've fallen and an urgency to get back through the leagues. That shouldn't be taken as a knock at this league which by all accounts is the best step 5 division in the country, but a reflection on ourselves. When we say "we'll micky this tinpot league" it's tongue in cheek, we said that about league 2 and the BSP :lol:

Darlington Football Club, since 1883

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:22 am 

It will be intresting to see what they charge for entry.

Cant see it being a tenner or fifteen quid mind, they wont get anyone paying that from the away teams.

BARCELONA 2 CROOK TOWN 4 - HONEST!! :D

http://www.crooktownafc.co.uk

CROOK TOWN 12 BISHOP HORSELAND 1.

C.T.C.

"IF TETLEY PUT THE T IN TEA, WHO PUT THE C*** IN SCUNTHORPE?"

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:25 am 

Darlington have to realise that it the northern league they are playing in not the football league. Are they hoping just their own fans will come to their home games. While I could see opposing fans paying extra to watch their team away I cannot see many neutrals paying silly money to watchnorthern league football.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:03 am 

I have a soft spot for Darlo after going to college there many moons ago. I saw them get relegated from the Football League and then bounce straight back the following season.

I'm sure their fans are still stunned at how far they've fallen, and how fast, with this enforced relegation coming just 12 months after they won the FA Trophy at Wembley.

But I certainly don't see any 'big-time Charlie' attitude from the people posting on here. I see fans with a genuine affection for their club, just relieved that it still exists. Let's welcome them, the same way we've welcomed back Durham - after all, this is supposed to be a friendly league.

On the issue of pricing, I don't think too many people would have grumbled at paying £10+ if they had still been playing at the Arena, or even managed to go back to Feethams. But for NL football, at an existing NL ground, it's a bit steep.

If Whitley Bay and Spennymoor can charge £6, Darlo will probably get away with £8-£10, even playing at Shildon. Away fans don't have to go, they could just stay at home, but would you really begrudge an extra few quid for one of your biggest games, once a season? As for the neutrals, they don't mind paying a tenner to watch Vase semi-finals, so I don't see any difference in doing it a couple of times a season to watch big Darlo v Spenny or whoever else is going for the title.

Then there's the question of how many Darlington will take away with them. If it's 300-400, as posts elsewhere suggest, that's a canny payday that not a club in this league would turn its nose up at. That's a lot of fivers, plus loads more pies, pints, programmes etc.

As long as they treat their hosts with respect, I'm sure they'll get it back, and their presence, however many seasons it lasts, can only result in positive publicity for the league. I know our games v them are the first I'll be looking for.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:32 am 

the mighty crook town wrote:
It will be intresting to see what they charge for entry.

Cant see it being a tenner or fifteen quid mind, they wont get anyone paying that from the away teams.

BARCELONA 2 CROOK TOWN 4 - HONEST!! :D

I really don't think they will be too concerned about away teams not bringing their 10 fans!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:12 pm 

Been told they are charging £8 to get in.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:14 pm 

Location: NOTE FOR THE SMALL MINDED: My views are my own and do not reflect those of any other Halifax fans.
Stevey_Guy wrote:
the big time charlie attitude from the fans is going to wind people up the wrong way.

You might have added "whether they intend to or not". In our experience, some of you are determined to get wound up whatever happens. Darlington are a Football League club, Darlington is a Football League town and Darlington fans are Football League fans They are clean different in every way to the rest of you. Deal with it.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:17 pm 

kenny wrote:
Been told they are charging £8 to get in.

by who?

Darlington Football Club, since 1883

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:51 pm 

Evo-Stik prices in the NL?

If that's true I'll not be going.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:53 pm 

EastStander wrote:
Stevey_Guy wrote:
the big time charlie attitude from the fans is going to wind people up the wrong way.

You might have added "whether they intend to or not". In our experience, some of you are determined to get wound up whatever happens. Darlington are a Football League club, Darlington is a Football League town and Darlington fans are Football League fans They are clean different in every way to the rest of you. Deal with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are actually a northern league club

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:57 pm 

EastStander wrote:
Stevey_Guy wrote:

Not for a while they are not....they will have to deal with that.

Please support the Spennymoor Town FC - Heel and Toe Childrens Charity partnership http://www.heelandtoe.org.uk/

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:04 pm 

[quote="england
You might have added "whether they intend to or not". In our experience, some of you are determined to get wound up whatever happens. Darlington are a Football League club, Darlington is a Football League town and Darlington fans are Football League fans They are clean different in every way to the rest of you. Deal with it.[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are actually a northern league club[/quote]

Counselling session for EastStander
Darlington are a Football League club - wrong at present and for the forseeable future
Darlington is a Football League town - wrong. Darlo RA are NL Div 2 and there isn't anything above that at present
Darlington fans are Football League fans - so you won't be following Darlo this season then?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:28 pm 

samrob wrote:

Counselling session for EastStander
Darlington are a Football League club - wrong at present and for the forseeable future
Darlington is a Football League town - wrong. Darlo RA are NL Div 2 and there isn't anything above that at present
Darlington fans are Football League fans - so you won't be following Darlo this season then?

According to Eastender's location info he/she is a Halifax fan.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:47 pm 

Simple answer is this, if Darlington charge say £8-£10 entrance do what some teams do and when they visit your ground bang your entrance prices up to the same for the day. Tow Law always done it when we (Spenny) went there and they denied it but I'd been to a league match there during the week and it was a £1 cheaper than the saturday against us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next