It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fritona park
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:06 pm 

moonpiglet wrote:
Dont know how true this is but rumour has it that SSFC will ground share with Horden next season??

Horden have offered use of their ground, which I know is being considered and is a fantastic gesture from them. It's sad that the same can not be said of our neighbours whom appear to be taking great pleasure in seeing us in our current predicament.

Let me clarify that Horden CWAFC have not offered South Shields or any other club the use of the Welfare Park Ground.

john stubbs, secretary of Horden CWAFC

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:23 pm 

NeverStopBelieving wrote:
moonpiglet wrote:
Dont know how true this is but rumour has it that SSFC will ground share with Horden next season??

Horden have offered use of their ground, which I know is being considered and is a fantastic gesture from them. It's sad that the same can not be said of our neighbours whom appear to be taking great pleasure in seeing us in our current predicament.

I'm not aware of anyone at our club (Hebburn) who is taking any pleasure in this.

In terms of sharing grounds, people should remember that we already share the sports complex with Reyrolle so almost every Saturday during the season there's a Northern League or Northern Alliance game taking place.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:53 pm 

I wish someone would clarify these ground sharing rules (if there are any) It seems that:-

Darlington (if they join the northern league) can ground share for some unspecified period of time with Shildon or another team to play in the league but a team in a promotion position from the wearside or n.alliance cannot under any circumstances groundshare for any period of time to gain a promotion while they do there own ground up to NL standards. So what is basically a relegated team can share but a team in a promotion place cannot.I am not saying I agree or disagree with what is happening and i know that teams would be affected more by a team being promoted just wondered if anyone can clarify.

Can S.Shields be allowed to ground share to save their Northern league status in that case?

Can a side be promoted into the northern league if a ground share has been in place for many years? can't think of any off the top of my head but I wonder what the answer would be

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

Morpeth shared at Bedlington when their ground wasnt upto standard and the proposed improvements fell through. They stayed for a season and returned to Craic Park once they had got it back upto standard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running the Great North Run again in 2014 to raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
http://www.justgiving.com/Michael-Boyle2014

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm 

stubbs wrote:
moonpiglet wrote:

Let me clarify that Horden CWAFC have not offered South Shields or any other club the use of the Welfare Park Ground.

john stubbs, secretary of Horden CWAFC

I'll accept what you say is correct, however I heard it was made from the Horden Chairman direct, not sure how there can be any confusion on that? obviously someone telling porkies :oops:

AndyHudson wrote:

I'm not aware of anyone at our club (Hebburn) who is taking any pleasure in this.

In terms of sharing grounds, people should remember that we already share the sports complex with Reyrolle so almost every Saturday during the season there's a Northern League or Northern Alliance game taking place.

Never mentioned Hebburn mind but as you have, is that two teams using the same pitch? who uses the facilities say on a Friday night? Not sure Shields can pay 25k mind :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:54 pm 

AndyHudson wrote:

Not only that Andy but cricket generally interferes with games at the end of the football season and the start of the season which can't be prevented and happens every year! Also like you said Reyrolle play in the same complex but a different pitch and even if the league would allow a ground share it would be a lot of stress on those volunteers who do the ground works especially if you get a heavy winter or a lot of games in such a short period of time.

I can't see those at Hebburn taking any pleasure seeing Shields in such a situation, I think there more happy to be getting a local South Tyneside Derby again next season! :)

Twitter - cairnsy___

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:13 pm 

cairnsy wrote:
AndyHudson wrote:

Not only that Andy but cricket generally interferes with games at the end of the football season and the start of the season which can't be prevented and happens every year! Also like you said Reyrolle play in the same complex but a different pitch and even if the league would allow a ground share it would be a lot of stress on those volunteers who do the ground works especially if you get a heavy winter or a lot of games in such a short period of time.

I can't see those at Hebburn taking any pleasure seeing Shields in such a situation, I think there more happy to be getting a local South Tyneside Derby again next season! :)

Answer included above 'Don't Stop Believing'. I named Hebburn because a post specifically mentioned "our neighbours" which in terms of South Shields would include Hebburn Town. To avoid anyone believing that we have been "taking great pleasure", I set out Hebburn's position.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 pm 

Just joined here yesterday. Why are south shields been evicted from there ground in first place? been there in past nice groundand clubhouse

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:53 pm 

Chris_H wrote:
Just joined here yesterday. Why are south shields been evicted from there ground in first place? been there in past nice groundand clubhouse

The current owner is looking to sell up and retire, leaving south shields homeless unless they can raise the funds/get a mortgage to buy the ground.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:29 pm 

Seems everyone up at Filtrona are trying to find the funds, some kind of fan loan scheme on the go at the moment I will still give me £1000 but a lot more would be forth comming if a share issue was put into place would be nice to own a little bit of the club :) Anyone else care to have a public share issue, time to save the ground for the long term future of the club.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 pm 

Best of luck Seems like shields have had various homes during years. If ground owners retireing surely he can still lease it back to club It would only stand empty of he did not

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am 

The owner is in his 70's just wants out which you can understand. Anyway better new's seems to be comming from Shields FC what appears to be a share issue has been opened on their site great news I think ill be having some of that how do i subscribe to that.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:12 am 

To 'View from the Stand', and ALL interested persons, be they current or lapsed members of the South Shields FC Supporters Association, and ALL others with an interest in the club and who wish to be included in the purchase of a share issue by the association, you may please contact me on 0191 537 2633 with your name, full address and tel. no. I will be pleased to forward to you a copy of the letter that the Chairman of the South Shields FC Supporters Association referred to in his post on the SSFC forum last night. I also invite and refer all others to please read his post for guidance and information, thank you.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:04 am 

questions-
who will actually "own" the club and the ground as there seems to be some who have already put up substantial money for the deposit. what happens if the club hit hard times, what happens to the ground then and the investments made???

what say will people have in running the club , those who have put £10 in as opposed to £5000?
will the profits of the social club be used to fund a team or a mortgage or returned to the "substantial owners as profit??

will the "board" be dominated by the same 4 people who have done so since 2006? and if so how will decisions be made about team manager appointments etc etc

it seemswhilst the purchase of the ground is necessary-there is not enopugh information for people to make informed decisions of this nature-should these issues not be explained to people properly before entering into such an important committment, first it was donations but no public info as to who the main donators are and then a share issue for the balance, too muddy and risky to say the least

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:59 am 

shieldsman wrote:
questions-
who will actually "own" the club and the ground as there seems to be some who have already put up substantial money for the deposit. what happens if the club hit hard times, what happens to the ground then and the investments made???

what say will people have in running the club , those who have put £10 in as opposed to £5000?
will the profits of the social club be used to fund a team or a mortgage or returned to the "substantial owners as profit??

will the "board" be dominated by the same 4 people who have done so since 2006? and if so how will decisions be made about team manager appointments etc etc

it seemswhilst the purchase of the ground is necessary-there is not enopugh information for people to make informed decisions of this nature-should these issues not be explained to people properly before entering into such an important committment, first it was donations but no public info as to who the main donators are and then a share issue for the balance, too muddy and risky to say the least

Suppose if you are part of the group having these discussions and trying to put something in place, then you would either know the answers to your questions or at least know where to get them from.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next