It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Season almost over
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:51 pm 

Just the small matter of West away, Synners at home followed by Whitley and Guisborough.

Now we are almost certainly safe, and im bored in the office on my lunch thought I start this off.

Peoples thoughts on:

Best Performance: 5-2 at home to Benfield. Superb all round team performance after going 2 down inside 20 minutes.
Worst Performance: 4-5 at home to Jarrow. Typified our season, Brilliant first half, words couldnt describe the second.
Best Moment: Coming from behind to win games in the last moments in games at Shildon and at home to Tow Law.
Worst Moment: Conceding a late goal to go out of the vase v Glossop.
Player of the Season: Glenn Butterworth, again.
Signing of the Season: (Pre Season) Jamie Owens, (During Season) Dom Gamble.
Goals of the Season: MD's free kick at Jarrow and volley against Glossop, Cossavella's effort at Bay, Butterworth's strike against Synners. To pick one I'd go for MD's volley against Glossop for pure reaction after the goal went in.

Post subject: Re: Season almost over
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:54 pm 

Best game. Beating dunston in the dcc. Worst. Losing 2.4 at home to rca and watching Jennings tear us apart. Best player... Darren white the wonder keeper. Best goal... All three of Craig normans goals in the infamous home defeat to roofing. Best signing ..Owens without doubt and during season I will go for onions.

Next Album. Haley Bonar...... Last War

October. Zola Jesus.....Taiga.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:58 pm 

Best Performance: 7-1 Away to Jarrow
Worst Performance: 5-0 Home to Newton Aycliffe
Best Moment: Coming from behind to beat Tow Law at Home, obvious reasons.
Worst Moment: Conceding a late goal at RCA to take the 3 points from us.
Signing of the Season: (During Season) Dom Gamble
Goals of the Season: MD's free kick at Jarrow followed by Jamma's at Home to Benfield.
Player of the Season: Jamie Owens, 30+ goals should get it hands down, runner up Mr Butterworth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

So many ups and downs this season it's hard to only pick out one game for each one. I'll get the negatives out the way first.

Worst Performance:
3rd. Home to Stokesley
2nd. Home to Aycliffe
1st. Away to Penrith.

Worst Moment:
Penrith away. Totally inept performance. Looked like we couldn't be arsed. Possibly the lowest I felt this season.

Best Performance:
3rd. Away to Norton.
2nd. Home to Dunston (Durham Cup)
1st. Home to Benfield.
Excellent team performances. Played as a unit, great passing, great goals, battled hard.

Best Moment:
3rd. Shildon away. Not a classic game, but we worked hard for the full 90. Undeservedly went one down. Looked like it was going to be one of those days, but pulled it back late in the game.
2nd. Home to Benfield. Didn't start until we went 2-0 down. After that we were quality, with screamers from Jamma and J-Lo.
1st. Home to Tow Law. Again, didn't start until we were 2-0 down. After we got the first though we looked like we'd go on to win. Getting the goal in the 90th minute after we looked like we'd have to settle for a draw, the place was bouncing on and off the field. Quality.

Player of the Season:
Butty by far. Great work rate. Great performances. Improved massively sinse last season. Spends too long getting showered and changed after the game though.

Signing of the Season:
J-Lo. 30+ goals speaks for itself.

Goals of the Season:
3rd. J-Lo home to Benfield.
2nd. MD away to Jarrow.
1st. Jamma home to Benfield.

@BillinghamTown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 pm 

With the season almost over and most definitely the most difficult I have been involved in on and off the pitch, we stand with 3 points less than our total last year with 4 games remaining, a cup semi final appearance which we were beaten by a Professional side and since the Jarrow win a lot more positives than negatives sitting 4th in the form table with 4 wins out of the last 6 league games. We didnt start the season well but with a lot of comings and goings during the season and working with a small squad it did take us time to settle, similar to last year but I feel we have finished very strongly and with a few additions could have a better season next year in league that is a lot more difficult to stay in. Especially with the financial pull of bigger teams and also the ridiculous 7 day rule which doesn't help teams like ourselves, but respect must go to a number of our players for sticking with us and turning down teams at the other end of the table.
Now on to the points below:

Best Performance - Jarrow away, a great all round team performance which probably changed the direction of our season.
Worst Performance - 7-0 defeat at home to Bedlington totally capitulated and were lucky that it wasn't more! Very embarrasing
Best Moment - Has to be David Onions winner against Tow Law in the last minute, that is why we love this game and continue to play and fans come to watch. Great scenes that I for one won't forget!
Worst Moment - Has to be Jarrows winner in the first game of the season after getting back to 4-4 from 4-2 down! Set the tone for the first half of the season seemed to take us a long time to recover from this result.
Player Of The Season - One of 3, Jamie, Glenn and CD
Jamie - Goals alone especially in a team at the wrong end of the table to score so many goals speaks volumes of the lad, you never know what you are going to get with him but would rather have him in my side than against, great lad (daft as a brush) 90 minute nobhead :wink:
Glenn - Started the season very slowly and struggled, but since November got himself fit again and stronger, worked on his game and has showed great ability, passing, creating space, winning important challenges and has got players around him playing, could play higher.
CD - Also started the season slowly and the character of the lad openly admitted this, dropped after the opening game for 5 games. After that has come back and been almost ever present, rock solid, great positioning, timely tackles, and has grabbed recent games such as Benfield by the scruff of the neck! Great to have in the changing room get lads going around him! Fittest I've seen him.
Signing of The Season - Jamie Owens goals win games! Also a mention to David Onions great contribution the team, scored important goals for us, just a shame he decided to leave so close to the end.
Goals of the Season - 1. MD free Kick v Jarrow :lol:
2. Jamma v Benfield
3. DO v Tow Law for excitement and just why we play the game

Thats me done, enjoy the remainder of the season hope I haven't bored you all!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 pm 

Straight to the point

Best Performance: First half at Jarrow, 5-1 up at the break via some devasting finishing.
Worst Performance: BTFC 0 Bedlington 7, Penrith 3 BTFC 0, both performances devoid of anything to be positive about
Best Moment: Scenes following the equaliser against Glossop and last minute win against Tow Law
Worst Moment: Flockys own goal at RCA, snatching a draw from the jaws of victory - felt like a defeat :(
Player of the Season: 1st Glenn 2nd Jamie 3rd CD - Special mention also to Daz White who always impressed me when he played
Signing of the Season: 1st Jamie 2nd Dom 3rd Jamma - Special mention also to DO who popped up with some important goals
Goals of the Season: Has to be my strike at Whitley Bay which will never, ever be repeated, the other nominees score those goals every week :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 pm 

Best Performance: Dunston at home DCC or Benfield at home
Worst Performance: Aycliffe at home
Best Moment: Tow Law at home
Worst Moment: FA Vase defeat to glossop
Player of the Season: Butty
Signing of the Season: Jamie for his goals
Goals of the Season: MD's Volley in the vase, Cossa at Bay or Jamma against Benfield