It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Results January 8th
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:07 pm 

All this crack about peterlee is out of order. Serious case of sour grapes me thinks. Wasnt at the game and got nowt to do with them but played against them for last 15 years. Nee worse than any other team iv cum up against. Sounds like barley didnt fancy the small pitch and battling attidude.

Well done helford. Good luck next round

by the way we got beat off langley park today. 2 top centre forwards but a game i thought we should have won

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:09 pm 

Honestly can't believe the Craic on here. All the Birtly lads were full of compliments so to then read some of this bitterness is unreal. We've scalped a few good sides this year yet get no credit, to be honest it's took a little of the shine of the result.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:35 pm 

County Cup

Hetton Lyons CC 3 - 0 Staindrop FC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm 

CASPA wrote:
All this crack about peterlee is out of order. Serious case of sour grapes me thinks. Wasnt at the game and got nowt to do with them but played against them for last 15 years. Nee worse than any other team iv cum up against. Sounds like barley didnt fancy the small pitch and battling attidude.

by the way we got beat off langley park today. 2 top centre forwards but a game i thought we should have won

Hey, jaspa, as you were not there, dont think you can comment.

And its not sour grapes, their is a difference between battling attitude, and snydey, cowardly play, and that sums it up.
I take it Roal Moat, and the apology for a managers attitude are OK, if they are fine, just shows you can intimidate refs, never seen a display like it in 30 years. Or is it like that every game in the Peters and Lee league????

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:22 pm 

jdp wrote:
Honestly can't believe the Craic on here. All the Birtly lads were full of compliments so to then read some of this bitterness is unreal. We've scalped a few good sides this year yet get no credit, to be honest it's took a little of the shine of the result.

The reports on here about the game are the views of sunday league supporters with over 60 years experience between them of watching sunday morning football and NOT from the players of the Barley Mow WMC. And as you have said, you have scalped a few good sides but get no credit. Well maybe credit has to be earned and the attitude of the touchline and some of your players leaves a lot to be desired.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:37 pm 

jdp wrote:

Next county cup game, if you are at home, and if there are no linesmen, go onto the away touchline.

Im not joking its like something out of shameless watching your lot.

I was waiting for the guns going off every time you scored, followed by the stagecoach at full time.

As somebody else has said respect is earned through on and off pitch efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm 

will you lot grow up take it you the lads that pay them on the field poor lads hey???every one of your lads said we deserved to win today! get over it you out simple! you sound like arsen wenger after the gunners have lost

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:49 pm 

CASPA wrote:

talking about sour grapes u shd have won Langley park today what game were u playing in our keeper give u 2 goals when we were 2 up and he never had another save to make, or u had 1 off the line late on but we could have had 6
Good set of lads tho enjoyed the game

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:11 pm 

Billy billy billy wrote:
CASPA wrote:

talking about sour grapes u shd have won Langley park today what game were u playing in our keeper give u 2 goals when we were 2 up and he never had another save to make, or u had 1 off the line late on but we could have had 6
Good set of lads tho enjoyed the game

Not a problem think u deserved it on the day. Just think we didnt turn out 2nd half. Very frustrating..
Good luck in the next round top set of lads and a decent team.

Defo not sour grapes from me honest as the days long mate

andy upperton.(so i dont get accused for hiding under a false name)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm 

daftladguy wrote:
CASPA wrote:

Hey, jaspa, as you were not there, dont think you can comment.

And its not sour grapes, their is a difference between battling attitude, and snydey, cowardly play, and that sums it up.
I take it Roal Moat, and the apology for a managers attitude are OK, if they are fine, just

shows you can intimidate refs, never seen a display like it in 30 years. Or is it like that
every game in the Peters and Lee league????

caspa by the way. (andy upperton)
we hav all played in intimidating circumstances its how u deal with it on the day.. Ive played against alot worse then peters and lee helford in my time and im sure u have..
If the ref has bottled it then he shouldnt be in charge of a county cup game..Especially last 16..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:26 pm 

jdp wrote:
Todays game in the end was a fair result,helford had their chances to end the game in the first half but didnt take their chances, as for the ref the helford lads thought more decisions went the other way,helford are a physical side but to be fair just being just physical doesnt win you games and a side thats has only been beaten once in 2010 and 2011 clearly has a lot of quality and the end reslut brought no complaints from the barley boys

Ive watched Helford a lot this season, and they have some quality players who at the same time can mix it up as well as play some good football.
I knew they would surprise a few teams in the competition this year, because besides everything ive mentioned, they have an unbeleviable team spirit,
Well done Helford keep on surprising them

LIONS ARE NOT DETERRED BY THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:31 pm 

consett charity cup 3rd round scotch arms 3 beamish 4 2nd round hibs2 golden lion 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:37 pm 

sounds like sour grapes to me always an excuse when teams think they just have to turn up to win .allways been teams with strong characters in there team and been some of the most successfull teams in the county cup going back 25 years blackhall redhouse plains farm and i would even say hetton lion and rovers you obviuosly havnt got that .thats why your out SOUR GRAPES and then say get the fa to watch peterlee next round may be they could pop to barley mow and bring some hankys.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 pm 

witton park got beat 2v1 at sunderland pf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 am 

teacake wrote:
sounds like sour grapes to me always an excuse when teams think they just have to turn up to win .allways been teams with strong characters in there team and been some of the most successfull teams in the county cup going back 25 years blackhall redhouse plains farm and i would even say hetton lion and rovers you obviuosly havnt got that .thats why your out SOUR GRAPES and then say get the fa to watch peterlee next round may be they could pop to barley mow and bring some hankys.

Teacake or teapot? Obviously a steroid pumped up supporter of the peters and Lee side. Stick to the drugs son and leave the football craic to those in the know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next