It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Consett 0 Marske 4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:40 pm 

This was a superb performance by Marske against a team that was unbeaten for the last seven games. Every member of the team played their part in this great win which was thoroughly deserved. 'Lips' made two vital saves at one nil and the back four completely dominated the Consett forwards limiting them to very few chances. The central midfield pairing of new boy Tom Marron and Adam Gell ruled the roost in that area and Dekka and Charlo caused problems all game on the flanks. Ben and Bruno didn't give the home defenders a minutes peace and substitutes Rob Jones and Anth Ormerod came on and played their part in what the visiting Marske supporters all agreed was probably our most impressive ninety minutes this season. It was difficult to pick a man of the match but Charlo must take the plaudits for his fine hat trick ( helped a bit by their keeper). Thommo scored the other one as he continues to close in on the clubs all time leading scorer Chrissy Morgans record. The only sour note in the game was that Andy Raw suffered a bad injury and had to come off but Basher came on for him and carried on where Rawsy left off by keeping his winger quiet. These welcome three points have moved us up the table a couple of places as none of the teams around us won so all in all it has been a really good day. Well done Burto, Rilo and Cappy MORE OF THE SAME NEXT WEEK AGAINST JARROW WOULD BE NICE.

Post subject: Re: Consett 0 Marske 4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 am 

What a fantastic result and we are on a superb run at the minute. Well done to the players and management. We're not hearing much from certain "fans" at the moment. Funny that...

Roll on next Saturday, already!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 pm 

Agree with all of that Jimbo. Hope Andy Raw wasn't too badly injured. First time I'd seen Tommy Marron and was well impressed - he certainly likes to get stuck in, and has a great touch. For me the back 5 get a special mention, they all worked hard and kept Consett (and their fans) quiet. Was a bit baffled to begin with as Dekka and Charlo were on their non-natural wings...then Charlo bangs in 3 to show me what I know about football lol! Well done Burto, Rilo and Cappy and all of the lads. Hope Saturday brings another cracking contest with another 3 points.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:09 pm 

Cheers Steve. Glad you enjoyed the game. Notice the strength on the bench which is always the sign of a good team.

Don't worry we were all baffled initially but Dekka was asked to do a job on their number 11 Harrison Davies who normally plays on their left but yesterday they played him on the right hence Dekka playing on his 'wrong side' on our left. ( Does this make any sense mate ).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:37 pm 

That does make sense Jimmy....you can tell you were the footballer and I played rugby :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:37 pm 

As PP said, a fantastic team performance with everyone playing their part. There was a bit of a debate on the bus home about MOTM and a handful of different names came up, which shows what a great effort it was throughout the side.

The game wasn't as one-sided as the scoreline suggests and we had to work hard all afternoon, the defence was absolutely fantastic and we took our chances when they came.

The first goal came after 5 minutes from a corner. The initial cross was cleared straight back to Charlo, whose second ball curled straight in as the keeper lost his footing with Carling ready to pounce.

Midway through the first half Consett had their best chance of the game when Willey produced an excellent save low down to his left.

The second half started just as the first did with a Charlo goal after 5 minutes. Marske managed to break after a low clearance from Willey. Charlo was sent clean through and calmly slotted the ball past the keeper to make it 2-0.

Consett came at us again but the defence was equal to everything they threw at us and they ended up resorting to pot shots from distance.

With 5 minutes remaining, it was 3-0 when Charlo's low cross from the right squirmed through the keeper's grasp and in. We weren't sure at first who'd got the goal, as Benn was standing right over the keeper but it looks like Charlo's claiming it.

There was no dispute over who got the fourth as the Consett defence got sloppy in the 90th minute and the ball fell straight to Benn who fired home for his fifth goal in six league games.

Next week's game against Jarrow Roofing is just as important and a win could see us 12 points clear of the bottom 3...

Well done lads, excellent stuff.