It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Defence ?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:35 pm 

Not sure what happened today, but to score 4 away from home and end with a point is disappointing. Still its 3 games without a defeat, so hopefully we are now more confident. Tighten up in defence and we will score more than we concede for the rest of the season 8)

Post subject: Re: Defence ?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:07 pm 

Here we go again,blame the defence fact was the back four done very well today,can i say also one big plus point young aaron ramsbottom up front getting better each game i see him

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:16 am 

Its not a matter of "here we go again" just asking a question. I wasnt there so I cant say, but I have said all season, we concede to many goals...fact

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:31 am 

Well said Newhome, it appears that Wack as got a personal vendetta out on the defence again and once again I would like to remind him that we defend as a team and we attack as a team. Were you at the game or is this just Chinese whispers! It was just two teams who went for it on the day in very poor conditions and a referee and his assistants that were dreadful and could certainly benefit from further development. In my view it was a well earned point and ALL players (including the defence) should be congratulated! WELL DONE LADS!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:34 am 

We should look at this result as a point gained rather than points lost . at 4-3 down with 5 minutes on the clock if I'm honest, I thought we had lost it , but a great ball down the channels by Smirth was cooly slotted home by Gaz Mitchell under pressure from two defenders . Having said that we assisted in three of their goals , The first the guy had 2 yds of space just inside the box nobody got a block in , The second a misjudged cross come shot and the fourth we did a bit of ball watching on a long cross and the lad got in behind us to score .
Massive credit is due to the lads having led twice and been pegged back ,heads could have easily gone down ,but not for the first time this season we stuck at the task and never gave up and got some reward for our efforts . I would also echo the comments of a previous speaker on Aaron Ramsbottom he was tremendous , talk about defending from the front , he never gave the defence a minute, no pipe and slippers while he was around and was also alert to knock one in as it sped across the box . On the Referee I did'nt think he did a bad job! yes ,you will get some strange decisions ,but I feel he took the conditions into account and could easily have issued more cards than he did .
All in All not the perfect result , but it proves we are not laying down for anyone and that is vital if we are to move up the table .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm 

I was simply asking the question, and NOT blaming the defence, however we have conceded 11 goals in our last 3 away games, perhaps its the way we play away from home.Last Wednesday was a fantastic performance and we defended really well against a good first division opposition, proving we can be solid at the back, in fact we have only conceded 1 goal in the last 3 home games.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 am 

Great game played in dreadful conditions, as Tommy says 2 teams just going for it from start to finish. I'm probably biased but thought we probably just had the better of the game on chances created. Thought the ref was ok until the keeper brought Aaron down, even the Seaham fans couldn't believe that one was play on, then he just lost it after that. Great display from the whole team but if I had to single a player out it would be Aaron Ramsbottom a constant thorn in Seahams side all afternoon also good to see Gary Mitchell back on the Score Sheet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 pm 

THINK YOU HAVE A FAIR POINT WACK.IF YOU DO NOT CONCEDE A GOAL YOU HAVE A FAIR CHANCE OF A POINT. START WITH MOGGA. IN HIS BEST POSITION AT THE BACK. HE CAN MOVE UP WITH 15 MINS. TO GO IF NESSECARY. STOP GIVING OPPONENTS 2 OR 3 GOALS START AND YOU WONT HAVE TO PLAY CATCH UP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:25 am 

Think you need to check the match report Numero Uno, as at no stage were Seaham given or obtained a two goal lead, come to think of it neither were Brandon or Penrith.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:05 am 

This is yet another expert of the same school of thought as wack. Why would anyone put their leading goal scorer in defence? As long as you score more goals than your opponents you win (simple) as Keegan did during his first time at Newcastle and also with getting Man City back up the divisions, ok we may not win the league but its great fun and exciting and isn't that what football is all about! We're Northallerton Town not Inter Milan.

Don't forget to look at our goal difference. Is it 8 or 9 teams that are worse than we are?

Also look at the amount of goals our two wide midfield players have scored, they are obviously encouraged to get forward and this will also expose our defence.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:35 pm 

Tommy, you are slightly missing my point.. We concede 1 goal in our last 3 home games, and that was against a good first division team, and 11 away, just seems an imbalance. Anyway lets go on and win 1-0 on Sat, with Mogga scoring the winner. Slight selection problem up front for Mr Fanning. Mitchell, Mogga, Ramma and Taz.. but which two would start, if all available.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:05 pm 

first choice would be ramma as he was excellent against seaham so it would be choice out of other 3