It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Maine Road.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:10 pm 

Tough, tough game this. What will be, will be.

Anyway, the last time I visited this ground, dodging the prozzies on the corner, I found the Brantingham Road Corporate Facilities to be a tad short of the mark. The unseemly scuffle for the last two cans of beer was quite embarassing.

So bo**ocks to that, has the clubhouse improved, and if not, which pub are we all using?

Post subject: Re: Maine Road.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:47 pm 

The Don wrote:
Tough, tough game this. What will be, will be.

Anyway, the last time I visited this ground, dodging the prozzies on the corner, I found the Brantingham Road Corporate Facilities to be a tad short of the mark. The unseemly scuffle for the last two cans of beer was quite embarassing.

So bo**ocks to that, has the clubhouse improved, and if not, which pub are we all using?

It was certainly 'cans only' last season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:36 am 

I don't think it's even that this year, as I'm not sure they even have a booze license

We get great hospitality from Maine Road every time, but they are not a drinkers ground

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:30 pm 

We are really hopeful there will be a licence in place by the time you visit next year.

It would be tempting to say that you really do need something alcoholic in which to drown your tears each time you come to 'Stade de Brantingham', but as you are genuinely a really gracious lot in defeat that would be churlish. Thanks for coming in such numbers again and good luck with the rest of your season.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:00 pm 

djm68 wrote:
We are really hopeful there will be a licence in place by the time you visit next year.

Nice bit of trolling there. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:09 am 

A well deserved win for Maine Road & no complaints at all from this New Mills fan. :( The home team were up for a battle & all credit to em for a deserved victory. Sloppy defending, a midfield that was overrun by the opposition & forwards that couldnt get any half chances or shots from the edge of the box on target. NM mustve had 6-8 shots from decent shooting positions but dont remember the keeper making a decent save (apart from a near og in 1st half where the keeper made a brilliant save) Im confident the Millers have the squad to remain at the top & thank God we have a few points to play with. We have Winsford away on Tuesday night - a point there would be a huge bonus, but long term no fears at all about the current squad - theyll come good again very soon & a few dodgy displays & results are part of the learning curve (as they say..) 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:21 am 

Forester wrote:
djm68 wrote:

Nice bit of trolling there. :lol:

As you might have sussed, that was totally unintentional......honest!