It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Curzon Ashton 2 - 1 Prescot Cables
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm 

It wasn't my first visit to the Tameside and on that showing it will not be my last :?

Curzon looked a shadow of the team that won at Hope Street earlier in the season, but credit to them they came away with all 3 points. I would love to say "they ground out a plucky victory", but that just isn't true....they squandered more chances than enough. We are blessed with one of the best...if not the best, goalkeeper in the Unibond Division 1, but most of Curzon's shots didn't trouble him. Curzon sprayed shots all around and over the goal throughout the game....they had put the ball in the back of the net twice only to see the goals disallowed (not sure the first one was offside :lol: but the 2nd was scored as a result of a foul on our keeper).
In injury time, Curzon were awarded a penalty for a beautiful dive, but failed to convert it.

I have seen both teams play better and I have seen us play worse......strange formation for us today, with no recognised striker on the pitch until the 53rd minute......but 3 sitting on the bench. Great to see Willo and Smigger back in Cables colours. Smith was my Cables man of the match.

oh saunter off you witch

Post subject: Re: Curzon Ashton 2 - 1 Prescot Cables
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:50 pm 

a fair report there Marg I would agree with 90% of it

it was good to meet you today & like I said I hope we dont meet again .....in the league :D

good luck for the rest of the season .......especially next satdee :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:54 pm 

mrbloosky wrote:
a fair report there Marg I would agree with 90% of it

it was good to meet you today & like I said I hope we dont meet again .....in the league :D

good luck for the rest of the season .......especially next satdee :wink:

It was great to meet you and Mrs Bloo today, it's always nice to have a civilised chat with opposition fans.
Good luck for the play offs!

oh saunter off you witch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:55 pm 

McScouse wrote:
In injury time, Curzon were awarded a penalty for a beautiful dive, but failed to convert it.

I'd get your eyes tested if I were you Marg if you thought that was a dive. Norton goes round the keeper and he takes his legs from him - definite penalty for me. I have to say I thought your players attitude to the officials was disgraceful. How your keeper managed to stay on the pitch is beyond me - from the first whistle to the last he was abusing and insulting the linesman on the far side (near to where we were stood) despite him doing a reasonable job.

What did you make of the red card? From where I was, our player made a decent tackle, ended up on the floor and your lad (16) reacted by throwing a sly boot at Worz as he lay prone on the ground. I don't think there's room for any complaints there. Despite the ref being criminally bad all game, I think he (or the lino) got that decision correct

Also, I heard that after he had been sent off, your man made a gesture to the crowd - I'd imagine you were better placed than me to confirm/deny this.

Overall, I thought we were marginally the better side and could have won by a larger margin had we been on top form.

http://howlongtogoref.blogspot.com
http://crapnonleagueclothes.tumblr.com/

Northwich Victoria vs Curzon Ashton - 26/08/2012
Cammell Laird vs Witton Albion - 13/04/2012

Follow me on Twitter: @lawtonjoe / @CrapNLClothes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:02 pm 

Dunno where you were standing in injury time, Joe, but the ref waved play on. He didn't think it was a penalty and neither did I. The liner on the far side "gave" the penalty.....that would be the liner who spent the first half laughing and joking with the Curzon fans.

No arguments from me about the red card. Mark, didn't make any gesture to the crowd on his way off the pitch......and I was sitting directly in line with both the incident and his exit.

oh saunter off you witch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:15 pm 

McScouse wrote:
Dunno where you were standing in injury time, Joe, but the ref waved play on. He didn't think it was a penalty and neither did I. The liner on the far side "gave" the penalty.....that would be the liner who spent the first half laughing and joking with the Curzon fans.

No arguments from me about the red card. Mark, didn't make any gesture to the crowd on his way off the pitch......and I was sitting directly in line with both the incident and his exit.

sorry Marg have to dissagree I was stoo at the foot of the stand and I DID see the gesture but didnt hear his remarks although Mrs Bloo did :oops: regards the pen at the time I was talking with a Cables sub and straight away he said "thats a pen" I believe Micky played for & got it .....Andy "caught" him

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:22 pm 

mrbloosky wrote:
McScouse wrote:

sorry Marg have to dissagree I was stoo at the foot of the stand and I DID see the gesture but didnt hear his remarks although Mrs Bloo did :oops: regards the pen at the time I was talking with a Cables sub and straight away he said "thats a pen" I believe Micky played for & got it .....Andy "caught" him

What do subs know? :P
I was two rows back and didn't see a gesture....if I had, I would have said so. His actions on the pitch made me feel sick to my stomach, to be honest.

oh saunter off you witch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:47 pm 

McScouse wrote:

The ref was atrocious all day so the fact he, inexplicably, gave a goal-kick is all the evidence you need for it to have been a penalty!! If I was that liner, I'd have been seriously p****d off at the ref as there were numerous occasions that he gave a decision, only for the referee to either over-rule or just ignore him.

McScouse wrote:
.....that would be the liner who spent the first half laughing and joking with the Curzon fans.

What's wrong with that, as long as it doesn't interfere with the game? It wasn't like we were having a conversation with him, just exchanging a bit of banter. I'd much rather see a liner who can take a bit of flack (and give a bit back) than one who just stands there and ignores you. It's not the premier league, so I don't see any problem with a interacting with the liners.

http://howlongtogoref.blogspot.com
http://crapnonleagueclothes.tumblr.com/

Northwich Victoria vs Curzon Ashton - 26/08/2012
Cammell Laird vs Witton Albion - 13/04/2012

Follow me on Twitter: @lawtonjoe / @CrapNLClothes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:38 pm 

For a Curzon Ashton supporter to say that the oppositions attitude to the officials was disgraceful is laughable really. How many games does Curzon's manager and whole bench come to that attempt to influence the officials? A lot of the time your manager seems to be actually refereeing the game himself.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:43 pm 

joe_manchester_ref wrote:
McScouse wrote:

The ref was atrocious all day so the fact he, inexplicably, gave a goal-kick is all the evidence you need for it to have been a penalty!! If I was that liner, I'd have been seriously p****d off at the ref as there were numerous occasions that he gave a decision, only for the referee to either over-rule or just ignore him.

McScouse wrote:
.....that would be the liner who spent the first half laughing and joking with the Curzon fans.

What's wrong with that, as long as it doesn't interfere with the game? It wasn't like we were having a conversation with him, just exchanging a bit of banter. I'd much rather see a liner who can take a bit of flack (and give a bit back) than one who just stands there and ignores you. It's not the premier league, so I don't see any problem with a interacting with the liners.

Was just establishing which official you were talking about, joe. :wink: The ref wasn't the best, but he was the same for both sides, some of the decisions by the liners were bloody laughable and credit to the ref for recognising that.

oh saunter off you witch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:55 pm 

joe_manchester_ref wrote:
McScouse wrote:

McScouse wrote:

Yeah........bollox to the Unibond Premier League.

I TELL YOU WHAT...........I hope nobody important gets wind of all this injustice and starts atoning for it tonight!! :D

We've had more than our fair share of poor decisions this season, thanks :roll:

Wait till April 10th when they'll wheel out their customary in-house officials!!! It'll be like Gigg friggin Lane revisited, I bet!!!