It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Debate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:37 pm 

i'd like to open a debate about where the club is going. This is NOT to be taken under any circumstances as a rant against the management or comittee of the club who i enjoy the friendship of and think are doing a commendable job.

I would like however to get peoples thoughts on how we can move the club forward. I've just been reading about Supporters Trusts (http://www.supporters-direct.org), are they something many people would like to contribute to? or has anyone a rich uncle who neds to get rid of a few millions to get the tax man off his back?

How many "fans" contribute time and effort in raising money for the club? any fund raising ideas you want to share?

Come on people lets generate some debate and ideas to get us back to being a sucessful team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:43 pm 

An interesting idea !! However, the debate will be on two levals, whatever the original intention. How the supporters can help in moving the club on, irrespective of the current team and its results, is very worthwhile and could result in positive feedback.
The second leval will be about the current team and its results. Negative posts should not necessaraliy be interpreted as criticism of the Committee. They made an honest appointment from the applicants at the time. If raising the nessesary finance was as easy as meeting the spending requirements, no doubt we would all be on the Committee
Being quite honest, my view is, performances and results since Billy took over have been below expectations. I think too many bury their heads in the sand and hide behind how unlucky we are with injuries.
If after to-night and Saturday, the Committee might have to consider plan B ! I presume they have one ?
[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:49 pm 

forty odd views and one response, says a lot about the apathy of so called fans.

I disagree Watcher, I know of no manager that could achieve more with the resources currently on offer. If Billy decided to go (or was got rid of) who'd take the job on? Stuart Baraclough or Phil Sharpe perhaps?
Give the man some resource and time before you hang anyone.

The whole point of this post was to get people talking about what we (the fans) can do to raise awareness, interest and above all CASH.
I'd welcome posts on that subject, if anyone wants to start a discussion on other matters start your own thread!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:53 am 
A welcome and constructive post.

Perfromances on the pitch haven't been great this year and that's disappointing. On paper this team should be doing better than it is. So either they're not as good as we think or they're not motivated. Given the managers pitch side rants I doubt it's a lack of motivation.

I won't criticise those fans that turn up week in week out. They pay their money, buy a pint and spend what they can.

It would be great if more people actually got involved a bit more. It's easy to put a match poster up in your local work or shop. Selling lottery tickets at work all helps.

As a club I think we have improved over the past few years and got more people involved - working on the ground, as stewards, in the snack bar and club shop. A lot of these people are giving all the time and effort they can. It needs new people to put forward and carry out new ideas.

Also fans can help the club by buying shirts etc from the club shop. The Club gets nothing from anything sold at Allstars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:48 pm 

Come on people, no one is asking you actually run anything or put in time working on your ideas.

All i want is some feed back, a few ideas, no matter how daft you may think they are. If I got 20 ideas, 15 of which may be unworkable, 3 may have been tried and failed. there would still be 2 worth looking at. So please leave some feedback.

how about £50 to the best idea (following sucessful implementation) would that get the creative juices flowing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:21 pm 
Looks as though your banging your head against a brick wall Blue Peter. Unfortunately when a club is struggling appathy seems to spread. From my limited knowledge, Frickley have never had a significant budget in recent years but you finished 2nd a couple of seasons ago so it shows anything is possible.

Come on Frickley supporters get your views on this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:12 am 

As a relatively new Frickley fan i think this is an interesting topic...

What about trying to re-invent the supporters club? Clubs like Matlock raise the equivalent of a main sponsors cash each year through things like away travel in a mini bus, raffles, quizes and other fairly small events - race nights, football cards done in local pubs/clubs, sponsored walks/leg shaves/swims etc. All the profit from these events is presented to the club annually. Maybe £10K+ is aiming a little too high, but if this kind of scheme was up and running then maybe the equivalent of a few weeks wages could be raised???

No idea who did this before, and how successful (or not!) it was... I guess it would take a few people who are really dedicated to do this, and who have plenty of time to do it!

Post subject: Re: Debate
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 pm 

Interesting dont you think? I did. Back in 2007 my user name was NOT Blue Peter. Honest. But maybe it sounds like one of my postings dont you think? An Interesting comment, no one is asking you to actually run anything or put in time working on your ideas all i want is feed back. Who said that on this thread? I leave you lot to judge. Comments welcome. Do i get the £50 for my ideas if so i donate it back to the club to raise the funds. PS. All the best lads tommorow give us a good game to watch. 3 - 0 to Frickley.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry is the hardest word.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 pm 

well it has been said imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I decided VERY shortly afterwards to HELP, thats HELP Frickley1
I got up out of my chair and asked how and where I could HELP.
Fancy following suit????

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 pm 

Yes, an interesting thread. Being a season ticket holder at Barnsley, I'm only an infrequent visitor to Westfield Lane but the current economic climate must be having a significant effect on attendances at Unibond level. It seems to me the club are already doing a decent job to raise funds, selling half-time draw and lottery tickets etc but you've got to be careful not to pester people too much for more cash as this could be counter productive. From my own perspective I always buy a half time draw ticket, a pint in the clubhouse and occasionally pie and peas from the tea hut and I'm sure most supporters contribute what they can...

I don't think the team are doing that badly to be honest - the league table is incredibly tight and a run of 3 to 4 wins would see them push well into the top half. Billy's doing a decent job and don't see another manager improving the situation really. It's a very fine line between challenging at the top of the table and struggling to avoid the drop - a few breaks, refereeing decisions going our way and keeping players fit could make the difference. Keep the faith...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:51 am 

Interesting discussion. I'm not expert on Trusts but they do seem to work best when there is no option for the club that moves that way....may be something about the buzz around saving a club, i don't know. I don't get the impression that FAFC is anywhere near that, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I get the impression that when the committee ask for volunteers for things like the Stewarding and pre-season tidy up there's always a decent response (I live a bit too far away) so there is a well of good feeling around the club.

If I was approaching this as I would my job I'd be asking the current committee and management what they think the gaps are to move the club on and also what they think they supporters can do to move things forward. That's assuming that there is a gap between where the club is and where it wants to be and that gap is known.

Maybe it's that discussion between the Committee and the supporters that will raise the questions about what is needed and, hopefully, the answers..........and then which answers can be delivered as there was no mention on the news of the EuroMillions winners being Frickley supporters :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 am 

Have done over the past years before you where ever a fan Blue Peter as John D said on this thread, been there for years spent money in the club house, tea bar, raffel tickets, program ect , Could have helped in a small physical way again maybe.Was going to support with others financially in some sponsorship. But then you dicided to try and belittle a life long supporter with daft polls and stupid comment like, do others think Frickley 1 is a trouble maker, for doing what giving ideas YOU asked for.Have a read Blue Peter at some of your passed postings about rubbish player you condemed on this forum and some of the things you have posted in the passed before you call others trouble makers. If i had posted today some of the things you have and others have in the passed you would be one of the first to start calling Frickley 1 a trouble maker. Dont missunderstand me you do a good job in the work you say you do for the club But on this one mate you got it badly wrong and as a result, WE ARE OUT. Learn the lesson if you want help and money dont insult the life long real Frickley fans who have put the money into the club over many years, certainly before you and others where ever involved with our club. Or do you think I am lying about that as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry is the hardest word.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:54 pm 

WARNING: normal sane adult people read no further, you'll never get this time in your life back, its not worth wasting anymore of your time on this posting.
Frickley1 please feel free to post anything after this I honestly dont care.
Just for the record, I am not Peter Bywater. If you want to know who I am please ask Penny or Neil in the bar, Pete himself, Mark (doing the gate whilst Bainsey isnt well) or Marie and Mally in the shop, they all know me.
I would be very happy to compare who's a life long fan with you but I'm sure my 39 years and 1300+ games pale into insignificance, I'm even more sure the £11k I've put into the club over the past 2 seasons again is a trivial amount compared to the sponsorship you were going to bring in (strange that in the million years you've been a fan its only when I ask you to put up or shut up that the offer is withdrawn, how convenient for you).
I have however realised that arguing with you is like arguing with the wall, I will never ever win, you are unable and/or unwilling to provide any assistance to the club, you basically just want to stir it up a bit, fine get on with it. Enjoy XX love and kisses BP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:34 am 

my 25 quid i donated to the club looks bad against blue peters amount but as they say every little helps hope this thread as run its course now lets get back to the football and support the club

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:24 am 
What Blue Peter doesn't mention is that £10,999 is money he's spent on pies.