First 3 games

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

Post subject: Re: Fixtures 2018/19 Season are out
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:37 am 

anyone thinking x2 promoted sides = easy start are mistaken

a tought start for the blues, Wisbech strong at home and will want to make a statement against 'promotion favourites' Frickley and they will also be somewhat of an unknown quantity, saw Marske twice last season and telling you now that will be a very tough game (provided all there lads are availalbe with it been a decent trek mid-week) they are a proper side, then Cleethorpes who are ambitious and one of the sides i think will be up there, could the pressure be on the 'special one' after 4 or 5 games

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:27 pm 

Best start to a season since 91/92, 3 out of 3 in the league, smashed 10 past a team in the FA Cup.

Still very, very early days but couldn’t really ask for more.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:30 pm 

Pressure still on, dingbat? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:27 am 

Pressure off for now, as promotion favourites 3 wins is par for the course

Got to say however the old saying don't be a good manager be a lucky manager rings very true had it not been for a penalty miss and 2 sendings off in the blues favour could easily be looking at 2 points instead of 9 so wouldn't get too carried away just yet lads

Plus say blues win first 8 or 9 then spenna will be off first job that comes up Gainsborough is my shout

Time will tell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:04 pm 

But as you said, it was a tough start so three out of three (no matter how they came) is pretty good eh? No praise for the way they have dug in, the football played against Marske, the character shown against Clee?

Long, long way to go, let’s hope we are in a position where we’ve won 8/8, see what happens then before any speculating happens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:26 pm 

No penalty miss there dingbat, just a penalty save by a goalkeeper brought in by Spen- the same Spen who despite being apparently linked with various clubs last season signed a long term contract with the club (as well as revamping the Frickley Athletic Community Foundation, blooding in u19 players, investing significant funds in the playing squad)- I'm sure he can't wait to jump ship to Gainsborough though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:20 pm 

Plus the sending off on Monday was a direct result of the Special One bringing DP on - couple of minutes later, DP skins Gray who scythes him down and it’s see ya later and down to 10 men.

We have a knack of scoring late goals, happened loads last season. That ain’t luck, it’s conditioning, fitness, stamina and focus.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:25 am 

ch1401 wrote:
No penalty miss there dingbat, just a penalty save by a goalkeeper brought in by Spen- the same Spen who despite being apparently linked with various clubs last season signed a long term contract with the club (as well as revamping the Frickley Athletic Community Foundation, blooding in u19 players, investing significant funds in the playing squad)- I'm sure he can't wait to jump ship to Gainsborough though.

He owns the club so the contract means nothing he did that last season when it became public knowledge he had applied for other jobs

The same keeper he let go last season?

And there was a very well run U19/academy side before he arrived but you wouldn't know that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:31 am 

BrokenHips wrote:
But as you said, it was a tough start so three out of three (no matter how they came) is pretty good eh? No praise for the way they have dug in, the football played against Marske, the character shown against Clee?

Long, long way to go, let’s hope we are in a position where we’ve won 8/8, see what happens then before any speculating happens.

Full credit for the 9 points tough games as I said and the side have shown character my point is the results were aided by big moments going in the blues favour and chickens can't be counted yet, long may the good results continue

Done on here now anyway for the foresable good luck to the blues and all the posters on here

Forza frickley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:31 am 

The keeper who left to have trials at pro clubs last season? In the 14 months Spen's been at the club we've played more academy players than Rose and Moz combined- surely that's the mark of a "very well run academy"? Of course I'm sure you'll lable any criticism of your posts as "North Korea-esque" though Dingbat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:20 am 

BrokenHips wrote:
Plus the sending off on Monday was a direct result of the Special One bringing DP on - couple of minutes later, DP skins Gray who scythes him down and it’s see ya later and down to 10 men.

We have a knack of scoring late goals, happened loads last season. That ain’t luck, it’s conditioning, fitness, stamina and focus.

Did you really say "special one" don't my side's are splitting from laughing wait while you say something he doesn't like you'll see how " special" he is nutcase springs to mind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:34 pm 

ch1401 wrote:
Pressure still on, dingbat? ;)

whats the pressure level now CH1401?? very quite at the moment fella?