It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane First Team Gone
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:51 am 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
Local Lad........agreed about the fans, but if Geoff Thompson pulls his money out they are knackered.

When Jeff Thompson kicked started South Shields three years ago, Yes he most definitely poured money into the club, But this was based on the club becoming self sufficient, South Shields FC IS run on a business module and unlike the clubs such as mentioned Shaw Lane etc is now a very very successful business with close to 1500 average gates, Also massive merchandise which is probably on par with second division clubs when it comes to revene sales, With very successful bars and a popular restaurant, Jeff may very well in time take a step back, But i'll say this much Shields will be equally as strong on and off the pitch, When that time comes Jeff will leave the club in very good hands.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
Local Lad........agreed about the fans, but if Geoff Thompson pulls his money out they are knackered.

When Jeff Thompson kicked started South Shields three years ago, Yes he most definitely poured money into the club, But this was based on the club becoming self sufficient, South Shields FC IS run on a business module and unlike the clubs such as mentioned Shaw Lane etc is now a very very successful business with close to 1500 average gates, Also massive merchandise which is probably on par with second division clubs when it comes to revene sales, With very successful bars and a popular restaurant, Jeff may very well in time take a step back, But i'll say this much Shields will be equally as strong on and off the pitch, When that time comes Jeff will leave the club in very good hands.

They are only safe because Sunderland wont be getting back to the premier league anytime soon .So it will be a long while before yous go back to the Peterlee pitch with rope around :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 pm 

the signalman wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

They are only safe because Sunderland wont be getting back to the premier league anytime soon .So it will be a long while before yous go back to the Peterlee pitch with rope around :wink: :lol:

Wasting your time mentioning peterlee. There's 1,475 shields fans haven't a clue what your talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:12 pm 

Some folk can't leave their envy behind..... :roll:

Some go on as if the bad days (and they were bad) at Peterlee were the norm and the club has just been bankrolled into success. In fact the Peterlee years were a blip in the context of the history of the club in its three incarnations from Div 2 in the 20s to NPL in the 60s.and even Northern League 90s-2017 (top crowd 1500 then for the league cup against Spenny..... we're just getting back to the levels the club can sustain well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:36 pm 

It is envy... Who wouldn't want what's happened at shields... Only a fool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:53 am 

Dingbat wrote:
Good riddance wont be missed

Edit: to confirm this was aimed at the owner after his tweet mocking the relegation of Barnsley FC and some of the other stuff over recent years such as pulling out of the Senior cup final in 2016, however i genuinely feel for the proper supporters and especially the hard working volenteers, having spoken to the former DOF there the amount of work he and a few others put in over a number of years is honestly amazing, its a shame for the lads like him that put there heart & soul into the club, so i apologise to them for the above, and i wish them well in there future ventures

but again it shows the importance of clubs been self sustainable, its ok to have someone putting a few quid in as long as there is a plan and a future once they move on. Its people mentioned above and proper fans like Alvothorpian on here that suffer in the end (rivalry apart) not the money men who sail off into the sunset

see my edit