It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Team North
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:35 pm 

What will happen to their FA Cup tie v Shildon ?
Will it be a bye for Shildon or do the FA give the place to the next cab off the rank who didn't qualify ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 pm 

I just hope the local newspapers get hold of the story to show how shamefully Northumbria Uni have handled the whole issue and how it has affected the local non-league football community.

The Northumbria Sport website is still actively promoting Team Northumbria football team. When team manager Colin Stromsoy quoted back in May below:-

“Whilst we've not won a cup or not won the league, ultimately, we have met our targets. The biggest one was to retain our BUCS championship status and make sure we didn't get relegated up and down like Billingham. We’ve done all of that.
“We weren't involved in a relegation battle and we've seen players develop well and show real character and we've all learnt a lot.
“It's a case of coming back having learnt lessons this season and being on the front foot for next time around.”

Something is really wrong in leaving it so late before the season starts to pull the plug.

Last edited by pdc47 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 pm 

shildonian73 wrote:
What will happen to their FA Cup tie v Shildon ?
Will it be a bye for Shildon or do the FA give the place to the next cab off the rank who didn't qualify ?

I read somewhere that you’ve got a bye & whoever are playing them in the Vase also have a bye.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:52 pm 

england wrote:
OhMightyOne wrote:
Im baffled as to how the funding can be cut for some students that pay £9000+ to go there. Absolutely bizarre.

What do you find baffling about it?

Because I thought that Team North were essentially the students doing a sports/football development course? I could be wrong of course. However if they are university students then surely their tuition fees essentially pay for the team? That’s why their midweeks were always Monday as the uni league was Wednesday...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 pm 

pdc47 wrote:
I just hope the local newspapers get hold of the story to show how shamefully Northumbria Uni have handled the whole issue and how it has affected the local non-league football community.

The Northumbria Sport website is still actively promoting Team Northumbria football team. When team manager Colin Stromsoy quoted back in May below:-

“Whilst we've not won a cup or not won the league, ultimately, we have met our targets. The biggest one was to retain our BUCS championship status and make sure we didn't get relegated up and down like Billingham. We’ve done all of that.
“We weren't involved in a relegation battle and we've seen players develop well and show real character and we've all learnt a lot.
“It's a case of coming back having learnt lessons this season and being on the front foot for next time around.”

Something is really wrong in leaving it so late before the season starts to pull the plug.

The team will still exist, just not play in the NL.

The timings will be disappointing for the NL, but in the grand scheme of things makes little difference to the university.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:59 pm 

OhMightyOne wrote:
england wrote:
OhMightyOne wrote:
Im baffled as to how the funding can be cut for some students that pay £9000+ to go there. Absolutely bizarre.

What do you find baffling about it?

Because I thought that Team North were essentially the students doing a sports/football development course? I could be wrong of course. However if they are university students then surely their tuition fees essentially pay for the team? That’s why their midweeks were always Monday as the uni league was Wednesday...

The team originally was students, but was no longer ran like that. They played on a Monday because the BUCS league is ran nationally on a Wednesday and some of the players will play on both teams, and the support staff will also be involved in both teams.
Tuition fees primarily go towards paying for your tuition, not extra curricular activities such as playing sport.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 pm 

The ten players which had been shown as registered to Team Northumbria since June 1st have quickly been removed from the registrations page today.
Dibb-Fuller Ben George
Eleftheriadis Angelos  
Green Nicholas David
Heywood Aidan McKenzie
Jewitt Harry  
McNamara Liam  
Purvis Greg Antony
Richardson Gerard Alexander
Spence Robert  
Taggart Daniel Anthony

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:37 pm 

england wrote:
Sea View wrote:
Well, this is what happens when you deal with the "educated classes".

Not really sure what that is supposed to mean, considering they have done the same as Jarrow Roofing (other than timing)

There couldn’t have been more of a contrast in the way Roofing went about their business.
They resigned I think within a day or two of their last fixture so everyone knew where they were.
You said it, timing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Sea View wrote:
Well, this is what happens when you deal with the "educated classes".

Are you suggesting we on here are undereducated or uneducated.? If so then I'd probably agree with you. There, their, calm down everyone. Your starter for 20, which was the wrong there or their in the last sentence?

I was referring to the university chaps of Northumbria.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:55 pm 

The good thing to come out of this is that it shouldn’t make the second division promotion race as much of a farce this season ( with a disgraceful decision of only one team guaranteed promotion ) this is if the Northern league decide to run with 19 teams. For this Team Northumbria I salute you

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 pm 

[quote="

Whilst we've not won a cup or not won the league, ultimately, we have met our targets. The biggest one was to retain our BUCS championship status and make sure we didn't get relegated up and down like Billingham. We’ve done all of that.

[/quote]

They won the League Cup 2012 didn't they ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am 

this is if the Northern league decide to run with 19 teams. [/color][/quote]

The FA decides how many teams are in each league & at what point constitutions can’t be changed. We have gone past the point where constitutions can be changed.
Here are the FA’s standardised rules regarding the matter:
End of Playing Season 5.5.2.
(d) Where a vacancy occurs after the date of a League AGM then a League is not able to replace the Club(s) concerned for the following Playing Season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:42 am 

clash wrote:
They won the League Cup 2012 didn't they ?
Spot on, Ken:

16/05/2012 Team Northumbria 4-1 West Auckland Town.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
this is if the Northern league decide to run with 19 teams. [/color]

The FA decides how many teams are in each league & at what point constitutions can’t be changed. We have gone past the point where constitutions can be changed.
Here are the FA’s standardised rules regarding the matter:
End of Playing Season 5.5.2.
(d) Where a vacancy occurs after the date of a League AGM then a League is not able to replace the Club(s) concerned for the following Playing Season.[/quote]
Windy, do you think it is possible no teams will now be relegated from Northern League Division 1 at the end of this next season? I am asking this because with the Division 1 Champions being promoted that will mean there's 18 teams left before the Division 2 Champions then make it up to 19. If ppg prevents a Division 2 side qualifying for promotion, you can see why I'm asking the question. This coming season looks to be a mess. You almost literally don't know whether you'll be coming or going.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:02 am 

the little fella wrote:
Windy, do you think it is possible no teams will now be relegated from Northern League Division 1 at the end of this next season? I am asking this because with the Division 1 Champions being promoted that will mean there's 18 teams left before the Division 2 Champions then make it up to 19. If ppg prevents a Division 2 side qualifying for promotion, you can see why I'm asking the question. This coming season looks to be a mess. You almost literally don't know whether you'll be coming or going.
TLF, there is always the possibility of a club being relegated from Step 4 and placed in division 1, which would change the situation again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next