It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:27 am 

Poor again expected a reaction after the play off loss but on the night only one team looked interested. One dimensional once again and again a reluctance to change from the direct tactics even though they clearly were not working and we're never going to trouble a side like Shaw lane. In fact one if the biggest reactions on here was after the trophy loss to Shaw lane last season under mozza well am telling you now the first half Monday was worse than that fact.

Got to say really disappointed, 2 massive games in the last week and apart from the last 25 mins against Stamford the team has not turned up. Looked into the eyes of the staff and players as they left the pitch at HT Monday and the only person hurting/bothered was Hoody that lad loves the club but for the others it's just a line on there CV or a paycheck am afraid, certainly on Monday nights viewing

Not sure holding the awards nite the day before a massive semi final was a good idea either? Certainly flies in the face of this so called proffesional approach that has now been adopted, what use is pre season sweat testing when players are on the ale the nite before a big game??I know One thing for sure if that had happened under mozza, Karl or rinky there would have been hell to pay on here.

As for the season it now has to be said 100% fact that despite all the goals and the so called great football in reality the fact is this season was worse than last year and has been the poorest the club has had for a few years, lowest league finish in history in the pyramid, got no further in any of the national cups or the league cup and failed to reach the final of the Sheffield cup for the first time in about 6 seasons??

And when you consider that the budget the manager had was the biggest in the league and probably the biggest in the history of the club am afraid the season has to be classified as a massive FAILURE

Time for the fantasy football to stop time for spenna to step down and employ a proper manager to get us out of division one, with the budget we have why not call billy heath? Why not call grant black? Chris hilton who has done really well working with a budget of buttons at stocky? If this regime want promotion and the best for the club then they need to listen to the bat.

Get someone in that knows this level that knows the players required it's not about macdonalds coaching badges at this level it's about know how so go and get a proper managers in

I said on here months ago that spenna would not take the club up I said if he did I would show my backside on any town hall steps in yorkshire I was that confident and as usual the bat was correct

Have a good summer all see you next season

Love the bat xx

Post subject: Re: Shaw Lane game
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:09 pm 

And when you consider that the budget the manager had was the biggest in the league and probably the biggest in the history of the club am afraid the season has to be classified as a massive FAILURE 

Thank you for your opinion Dinger but obviously your opinion doesn't mirror the vast majority of fans. The budget you speak of constantly , what is it per week then?
I'll clear the awards night up for you. ... The lovely folk at SHFA were adamant that the date of the tie wasn't to be changed, the awards night WAS changed to a different date, however the majority of players couldn't make the re arranged date so it reverted back to the original date.
The club has finished in the relegation zone at least 4 out of the last 5 seasons and had reprieve preventing them from going down. The previous incumbents of the managerial hotseat hardly ripped up the division despite one of those having a rather hefty weekly budget. (Fact that I do know).I've heard figures of £5k a week playing budget bandied about. . . Absolutely ludicrous.My final point that I can glean from all your postings this season. . . . You don't like the manager

Enjoy your summer everyone and possibly I might see you at more than 2 games :D

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:29 pm 

Mr Sitter wrote:

Thank you for your opinion Dinger but obviously your opinion doesn't mirror the vast majority of fans. The budget you speak of constantly , what is it per week then?
I'll clear the awards night up for you. ... The lovely folk at SHFA were adamant that the date of the tie wasn't to be changed, the awards night WAS changed to a different date, however the majority of players couldn't make the re arranged date so it reverted back to the original date.
The club has finished in the relegation zone at least 4 out of the last 5 seasons and had reprieve preventing them from going down. The previous incumbents of the managerial hotseat hardly ripped up the division despite one of those having a rather hefty weekly budget. (Fact that I do know).I've heard figures of £5k a week playing budget bandied about. . . Absolutely ludicrous.My final point that I can glean from all your postings this season. . . . You don't like the manager

Enjoy your summer everyone and possibly I might see you at more than 2 games :D

The club has competed in the division above with one of the smallest budgets for probably the past 10 years or so maybe longer, so no surprise most seasons were a struggle. The expectation was to survive at all costs, this year with the budget and the a squad the manager had promotion was the expectation am afraid that hasn't been met so the season is a failure

You said 5k not me, but listen your a knowledgeable football man and big gav, JC, Hazel, jama they ain't been paid peanuts, I know exactly what those lads are on well minimum as there on more than what they originally agreed to sign for. Add another 12 or 13 lads in the squad and you know as well as anyone that the budget is the biggest in the league, you can kid others but you can't kid yourself, there even paying hoody a wage plus 4 or 5 coaches so all in 5k won't be far off but like I say you said it not me

I never mentioned the manager but I think there are better options out there? Do you not think billy heath is a better option?

And listen like I said the only person hurting Monday was Hoody I could tell as he walked off the pitch, spenna wasn't he was smiling shaking his mates hand I want someone that cares about the club not just advancing the own career

I will be at at least 2 next season look forward to you buying me a pint

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:49 pm 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50499542@ ... ed-public/

Dingers, regardless of anything else, you said here (see point 5) that you’d bare your backside if we finished in the playoffs, no mention of winning them. Just saying... :D

Last edited by NeverNeutral on Wed May 09, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:09 pm 

NeverNeutral wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50499542@N00/40194186530/in/dateposted-public/

Dingers, regardless of anything else, you said here (see point 5) that you’d bare your backside if we finished in the playoffs, no mention of winning them. Just saying... :D

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:55 pm 

"Life is very short... and there's no t-i-i-i-i-ime, for fussing and fighting my Friends"
(Lennon & McCartney)

My neutral(ish) blog overview of Monday night's disappointing showing from Frickley Athletic at Athersley, against a very good Shaw Lane AFC side.
Click link: https://the66pow.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/shaw-lane-afc-3-v-frickley-athletic-1-s.html

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm 

NeverNeutral wrote:

Fair play first pre season game then centre circle let me know. certainly better and more entertaining than watching 'spennaball' club should look at getting in a range of Frickley branded neck braces and crash helmets for next year.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:07 pm 

Mr Sitter wrote:
NeverNeutral wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Points 1 to 4 are also true still, God knows where mcknight gets his gear from but I wouldn't be buried in it, and spenna wether you admit it or not has failed this season he knows it you know it i know it. He said of he failed he would walk so time to stick to his principals and step down and get a proper manager in I have named 3 options that would have done better this season I will name another jon hood he knows this level and is more experienced. Any views on that anyone?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:26 pm 

I know Dingbat's bottom might be an attraction to many (maybe get him up on the tips and combine it with the next space exploration night?) but to be fair to notverymystic megbat, that prediction was probably made before the U-turn on the 'average budget/not paying any silly wages' quote happened, thus voiding the bum bet?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:27 pm 

:D at the forum autocorrect for @rse

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 pm 

boyspen wrote:
I know Dingbat's bottom might be an attraction to many (maybe get him up on the tips and combine it with the next space exploration night?) but to be fair to notverymystic megbat, that prediction was probably made before the U-turn on the 'average budget/not paying any silly wages' quote happened, thus voiding the bum bet?

It's was made when gav, jammer et al said they were no longer coming, and at the meeting it was said we were getting 6 Maltby players and Cameron rigby! !! For whatever reason the new owners then decided to spend big,

Tbh I think this u turn was in part due to the reaction of the fans so some of the credit for the 3rd place finish should go to me and others who had the balls to voice there concerns

But a bets a bet the club can name the time and place but on one condition spenna keeps his promise and steps down like he said he would if he failed, biggest budget in league and no promotion = failure fairs fair lads

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:27 pm 

The budget was probably the biggest we have had and this was reflected in the football we got (apart from the play off). Was great to turn up each week knowing we were going to see goals - unlike previous seasons.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:26 pm 

Hallelujah hallelujah thank the Lord for Bluebeard isn't that what's been said all along everyone please take note of blue beards posts

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 am 

bluebeard wrote:
The budget was probably the biggest we have had and this was reflected in the football we got (apart from the play off). Was great to turn up each week knowing we were going to see goals - unlike previous seasons.

Enlighten us then Bluebeard please, you're obviously clued up on the clubs finances, or is this just an ASSUMPTION. You've obviously made Old School's year posting this :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:35 pm 

Old school wrote:
Hallelujah hallelujah thank the Lord for Bluebeard isn't that what's been said all along everyone please take note of blue beards posts

The word "probably" infers that I'm assuming - delighted to brighten someones year.