It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: woodentop
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 am 

who was the wooden top that costed frickley automatical promotion without the 3pts deducted we wud have gone up automatically instead of the playoffs is the person still at the club?

Post subject: Re: woodentop
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:25 pm 

I'll introduce you to the "woodentop" at the next game ......... see if you'll be as insulting then!!!!
The club is run by volunteers who also have full time jobs, if you don't know the full details then refrain from insulting people who put in a lot of work UNPAID.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:36 pm 

just look at the league and 3pts on top of our league points and we wud have been 2nd and going up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:30 pm 

Do you think Alvechurch wouldn't have got the win yesterday if they would have needed it .......... what about losing at Peterborough Sports and Bedworth away ...... no idea at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 am 

We didn't finish 2nd because we couldn't beat Romulus at home or Kidsgrove.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:00 am 

Quite a few clubs were caught out and lost points.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:09 am 

DUFFYLUFFY wrote:
who was the wooden top that costed frickley automatical promotion without the 3pts deducted we wud have gone up automatically instead of the playoffs is the person still at the club?

tbf Duffy normally makes some good points and is Frickley though and though however although i understand his frustration its clearly an error and am sure the person responsable feels bad enough already (I am aware of who it is and the player involved but it isnt right to name or critise on here)

the one thing i would say is that at the time the club didnt even put out a statement regarding the sanction, if you didnt look on the sticky website you wouldnt know the club had been deducted 3 points, as the club have never said anything about it on twitter or the website. i would say the club at least should have made a statement acknowledging the sanction and maybe an apology to the fans, a little unproffesional of them not to do so at the time or since really. and it onlt serves to build up the frustation even more which the fans clearly feel.

and thats not a dig at mini who i still think is a top fella obviously any statement regarding the above would come from the board room not the press room. My point is the 'club' via its directors/owners should have made a statement regarding the deduction to tell the fans what had happend. The fans deserve to be kept in the loop both good and bad news