It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:11 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 pm 

It's don't shoot the messenger time!

Having been a non league fan down south for many years the very common perception down there was one of "They don't want promotion as they then won't get a Wembley jolly"

This, I have to say caused a hell of a lot of resentment, similar to that voiced about those clubs who do financial doping these days, and the money that it was thought that clubs earned from a long Vase run fuelled these feelings.

Sadly, many, including myself were not aware of the issues facing clubs re travel, lack of encouragement from the NL hierarchy etc.

It would not be any kind of surprise to me if those lingering resentments aren't, in part at least, colouring the response that the NL now gets to proposals it puts forward. However, holding an EGM to discuss leaving the system does smack of petulance and will do little to help rebuild relationships.

I know that it takes two to have a discussion and find a solution but the club's who do want to go up have to make their voices heard to say that they will give it a go otherwise the same discussion will go round and round and round.

The other point that I would make, is that I have watched many teams up here that are the match (easily) of step 4 sides down south, and it's a bit like watching a Hollywood actor slumming it in a school play at times

Peacefully yours

Kenty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:16 pm 

To save me going through 40 odd pages of this thread, is this restructuring happening this summer or next?
How many get relegated this season from Division 2?

http://www.crooktownfc.co.uk

CROOK TOWN 12 BISHOP HORSELAND 1.

C.T.C.

"IF TETLEY PUT THE T IN TEA, WHO PUT THE C*** IN SCUNTHORPE?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:05 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
It's this summer, TMCT, and no-one knows the answer to the second part yet. That will probably have to wait until the end of the season, when the FA Leagues Committee meets to decide all these issues.

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:58 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
It's this summer, TMCT, and no-one knows the answer to the second part yet. That will probably have to wait until the end of the season, when the FA Leagues Committee meets to decide all these issues.

Thanks Dave, I was golfing this morning and someone told me he had heard 5 were going down, Christ I thought that’s us right in the s””” if that’s true. Bedlington too ...

http://www.crooktownfc.co.uk

CROOK TOWN 12 BISHOP HORSELAND 1.

C.T.C.

"IF TETLEY PUT THE T IN TEA, WHO PUT THE C*** IN SCUNTHORPE?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:46 am 

the mighty crook town wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:

Thanks Dave, I was golfing this morning and someone told me he had heard 5 were going down, Christ I thought that’s us right in the s””” if that’s true. Bedlington too ...
Mark if 5 go down it could ...Alnwick..Brandon..Darlo ra...plus the two groundless teams Synners and Durham.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
I'd be surprised if the bottom 5 themselves were relegated, can't comment on the status of/threats to the two named with ground issues. Ultimately, the Northern League will have no say in the matter

Dave Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:24 am 
Site Admin

local lad wrote:
the mighty crook town wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:

Mark if 5 go down it could ...Alnwick..Brandon..Darlo ra...plus the two groundless teams Synners and Durham.

Synners have a ground.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:54 am 

Do Blyth AFC have a ground?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 am 
Site Admin

footyfan1 wrote:

I heard that they'd agreed a share at Ashington for next season. No idea how true that is though!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:47 am 

Neil M wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

I heard that they'd agreed a share at Ashington for next season. No idea how true that is though!

I heard they were going back to Blyth next season. All had been sorted. The official reason for moving to Ashington was there was to many games to be played on their pitch at the end of the season, surely the Northern League would require undertakings if this was the case.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:14 pm 

I heard that they'd agreed a share at Ashington for next season. No idea how true that is though![/quote]

I heard they were going back to Blyth next season. All had been sorted. The official reason for moving to Ashington was there was to many games to be played on their pitch at the end of the season, surely the Northern League would require undertakings if this was the case.[/quote]

Surely that would be exactly the same next year as Blyth Town FC would still be playing there aswell?

I heard a whisper they were interesting in moving to Bedlington but might not be true like.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:59 pm 

Our pitch can barely sustain one team, never mind a second!

Dave Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:23 pm 

The F.A. have emailed leagues & informed them that there will be no reprieves from step 4. Any extra promotions, beyond the winners & runners up. Will be offered to a 3rd placed side on an invitation basis only(nothing about it being on a ppg basis)! So this opens up the possibility of a 3rd EBAC NL side being promoted.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:42 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
The F.A. have emailed leagues & informed them that there will be no reprieves from step 4. Any extra promotions, beyond the winners & runners up. Will be offered to a 3rd placed side on an invitation basis only(nothing about it being on a ppg basis)! So this opens up the possibility of a 3rd EBAC NL side being promoted.

so if its invitation presume they could say no.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:45 pm 

2009vasewinner wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

so if its invitation presume they could say no.

I guess so! Would West Auckland Town turn down a promotion, if it was offered to them?
I only ask, because I think they’ll end up 3rd!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 58  Next