It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: We pay for ashington ground!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:39 am 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/taxp ... -j732bz9d9 No wonder Morpeth and befdlington are always full of hell regards their neighbours and so they should be all the backhanded under the table payments should hang their heads in shame the lot of them we should be getting in for nothing where's coco and Ian and gav perry when you need them we paying for them all!!!

Post subject: Re: We pay for ashington ground!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:55 am 

Have to be careful what you say on this as it's being investigated and nothing has been proven yet. Let the press do all the work on this one and don't put the site in danger of being taken to court for libel. If and when proven you can all go to town on it big time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:02 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
On these specific allegations I shall stay silent for the reasons given above, but more generally Bedlington as a town has always got the shitty end of the stick, particularly when it was under the Wansbeck Council control - all roads seemed to lead to NE62....

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

AMB wrote:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/taxpayers-fund-ashington-labour-chief-ian-lavery-s-football-club-j732bz9d9 No wonder Morpeth and befdlington are always full of hell regards their neighbours and so they should be all the backhanded under the table payments should hang their heads in shame the lot of them we should be getting in for nothing where's coco and Ian and gav perry when you need them we paying for them all!!!

Paul, for completeness, I am the Football Secretary at Ashington FC.

That is where my role starts and ends... in dealing with matters relating to matchday and the team, so I have no idea why you feel the need to bring me into this, I was not involved in any of the discussions with Arch or Northumberland Council regarding the development.

What I will add though, is that I know that Northumberland County Council (Wansbeck Council at the time), moved us out of Portland Park back in 2008 and into Woodhorn Lane, a ground which Sport England at the time of planning/consultation said was not adequate for a "like for like replacement". There was a substantial capital gain made from the sale of Portland Park, and even with this development, still leaves the council around £5M into profit from moving us out of the town centre.

But the truth doesn't sell newspapers, hence the story that The Times went with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:20 pm 

Gav

Lighten up man i was just referencing you as an example im sure you have nothing to hide :wink:

Wonder where the £5 million went then on top of us paying for the new stand and seats pricier than the Emirates!!

As with all Politicians you wont get the answers never do but something not right no wonder the Fa DIDNT take any action after the report went in probably got some of the 5 million to say nothing!! disgrace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:40 pm 

Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story (and defamation to boot) AMB!

Football Club booted out of Town Centre - Council make thick end of 10M from ground
Edge of town ground built for circa - 1M
Clubhouse falls into disrepair after less than 10 years and because contractor and council no longer exist no comeback
Arch step in to deliver a community facility and to provide some support to the club in an area where the majority of their rented properties are over 450

If you believe the Times' spin you really have been had.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:22 pm 

Mud-slinging from a Tory s**t-rag which shouldn't even be used as toilet paper.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:34 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
On these specific allegations I shall stay silent for the reasons given above, but more generally Bedlington as a town has always got the shitty end of the stick, particularly when it was under the Wansbeck Council control - all roads seemed to lead to NE62....

What does Guidepost have to do with anything?

'Say, hey Johnny boy, the battle call
United we stand, divided we fall
Together we are what we can't be alone
We came to this country, you made it our home.'

Dropkick Murphys - 'Boys on the Dock'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:44 pm 

AMB wrote:
Gav

no wonder the Fa DIDNT take any action after the report went in probably got some of the 5 million to say nothing!! disgrace

Or maybe there was no wrongdoing and the story is little more than a political attack, with no basis in truth whatsoever :roll:

'Say, hey Johnny boy, the battle call
United we stand, divided we fall
Together we are what we can't be alone
We came to this country, you made it our home.'

Dropkick Murphys - 'Boys on the Dock'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:57 pm 

or the story is that a development agency spent too much money on a scheme that hasn't returned its investment due to either overvaluing the final deliverable or underestimating the total costs. Now that really isn't news, unfortunate, but not uncommon.

Last edited by aidan's father on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:34 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Hoopy wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:

My bad, NE63 I meant! :oops:

Dave Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Terrierdave wrote:
Hoopy wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:

My bad, NE63 I meant! :oops:

You mean Northumbrian Geography isn't your strong point? Haha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:49 pm 

Just a typo young man!

Dave Anderson