It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm 

I might be wrong but haven't the FA relaxed ground grade regulations to make promotion less daunting and costly? I'm sure that I read somewhere that clubs being promoted this season would be OK with a grade E ground at step 4?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:19 pm 

PKD wrote:
I might be wrong but haven't the FA relaxed ground grade regulations to make promotion less daunting and costly? I'm sure that I read somewhere that clubs being promoted this season would be OK with a grade E ground at step 4?

The rules used to say that you needed an E Grade to pass the grading for promotion to step 4. You then have until the 31st March following promotion to achieve a D Grade.
The difference this season is you don’t need to achieve an E Grade. You can be promoted on an F Grade(which all step 5 clubs must have to be at that level)and then achieve a D Grade by the 31st March following promotion.
The rules & regs haven’t been released for season 2018/19 yet. So whether the changes remain, or are expanded to cover teams failing to achieve the grading before the deadline following promotion. Then we’ll all have to wait and see!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:16 am 

bouncer wrote:
Interesting
one says defo yes and one says they will have to spend a boatload of money which I guess they havnt got.
So it could be that champs and runners up could be forced to go up , against their wishes . Only to fail grading .
So what happens then , back to Northern League ? or would Marske go to a different league. Indeed would either be let back into Northern League.
Or do they just start again under a different name ??

Not sure what you’re on about , but it does beg the question as to why some clubs spend shedloads on players , yet have grounds that’s barely grace Sunday league . I’m pleased to support a club that just spent £900 on a new PA system and hope to have a a 56k floodlight upgrade in March

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:56 am 

Wack wrote:
bouncer wrote:
Interesting
one says defo yes and one says they will have to spend a boatload of money which I guess they havnt got.
So it could be that champs and runners up could be forced to go up , against their wishes . Only to fail grading .
So what happens then , back to Northern League ? or would Marske go to a different league. Indeed would either be let back into Northern League.

Not sure what you’re on about , but it does beg the question as to why some clubs spend shedloads on players , yet have grounds that’s barely grace Sunday league . I’m pleased to support a club that just spent £900 on a new PA system and hope to have a a 56k floodlight upgrade in March

Because its there choice where to spend.. Cost of promotion isnt just the cost of a bus every two weeks.. If you believe that its all done to something as simple as a bus.. Yiu really are naive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 am 

trevor56 wrote:
Wack wrote:
bouncer wrote:
Interesting

Because its there choice where to spend.. Cost of promotion isnt just the cost of a bus every two weeks.. If you believe that its all done to something as simple as a bus.. Yiu really are naive

This is part of the point, if you would to be part of a pyramid system, you have to play to the rules, where sometimes it isn’t just up to you where you spend the money.
There are many complications, but a lot of them have been made worse by the lack of promotion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:21 pm 

But theyve changed the goalposts... If you followed nonleague as ling as i have you will already know that the pyramid was set up so you cud find the level you were comfortable at. No enforced promotion. I

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:00 pm 

Promotion wasn't made compulsory or automatic when the pyramid started for two reasons - first that it took 3 years to set up properly with the refusal of the NL to become a feeder to the Alliance Premier (now National League) alongside Southern and NPL. Also because at first the Isthmian also held back.

Secondly because no-one really thought that one league's clubs (and this is fault of clubs not the League) would refuse to participate - so after 50 years of trying and trying to get the voluntary system to work the FA have finally had enough and want to mange the system properly. It's like where business or profession has self regulation - if it does not work then rules are imposed.

But in any case as I said earlier and so did someone else, the rules were made clear at the start of the season and clubs given the opportunity to ask to opt out of the automatic promotion (and give reasons) - but no club did. So how anyone can think they can now object and just play by their own rules escapes me both as a lawyer (retired) and in terms of common sense.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:26 pm 

All good points Marinersteve and it does remain to be seen if any club challenges this automatic promotion, but I think its fair to say Neither the top two teams and most likely to go up, wouldn't have applied under last seasons rules. We shall see but the NL LMC could end up in a very difficult position should one or two of their clubs ask for their support contesting this.

Out of interest has any club in the higher leagues ever actually bought their own bus. A mate of mine ran a coach a few years ago and did pretty well out of it and I always thought running a coach as a business and a club bus, would end up paying for the clubs travel.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 am 

Hm. Shields owned a minibus in the last years before Peterlee exile and probably during it so that was very economical. Travel costs hardly an issue now I'd have thought with coach company being major club sponsors and running several supporter's coaches to each away game which presumably subsidises cost of team travel. Someone closer to the club that me will know better!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:50 am 

The F.A. has stated that if any teams fold, resign or are demoted. Then they’ll be looking at promoting extra clubs, rather than reprieves(which has been the norm)!
At the moment Thurrock are almost certainly folding at the end of the season & the two Ossett’s are merging. If Ossett Albion doesn’t finish bottom, then the F.A. has confirmed that the two worst step 5 2nd placed teams on ppg basis, will also be promoted! I’ve asked what happens if another space is created! Will a reprieve be offered or will the best 3rd place team on a ppg basis at step 5 be promoted. The F.A. have said it’ll be a League Committee decision. Usually they’d have stated that reprieves will always be offered. West Auckland are 3rd at present in the 3rd place ppg basis league!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dr ... dbox/Step5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:29 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
The F.A. has stated that if any teams fold, resign or are demoted. Then they’ll be looking at promoting extra clubs, rather than reprieves(which has been the norm)!
At the moment Thurrock are almost certainly folding at the end of the season & the two Ossett’s are merging. If Ossett Albion doesn’t finish bottom, then the F.A. has confirmed that the two worst step 5 2nd placed teams on ppg basis, will also be promoted! I’ve asked what happens if another space is created! Will a reprieve be offered or will the best 3rd place team on a ppg basis at step 5 be promoted. The F.A. have said it’ll be a League Committee decision. Usually they’d have stated that reprieves will always be offered. West Auckland are 3rd at present in the 3rd place ppg basis league!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dr ... dbox/Step5

Explain please, because the way the table looks to my reading of it, at 1.8 ppg they are bottom of the pile.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 am 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dr ... dbox/Step5[/quote]
Explain please, because the way the table looks to my reading of it, at 1.8 ppg they are bottom of the pile.[/quote]

You are right Little Fella, the order of the table on the Wikipedia page is determined by the points per game of the second placed club in each league, that is why NL appears at third position. The new column that has been added of points per game for third placed teams is for information purposes, you are right that the NL "entrant" is in fact in last position

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 am 

Yes you are correct, lack of sleep I think. Me bad :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 am 

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... 19-season/
The FALC has released its boundaries for next seasons steps 3/4. The NPL are going to have a meeting with the clubs, to decide whether to remain north/south at step 4 or change to an east/west set up!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:59 am 

I might be wrong here, but I would imagine that most clubs would prefer an East/West set up, Okay might look like longer trips further down South but the M1 motorways is much easier and quicker than having to travel across the Pennines etc, Just my thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 59  Next