It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cleethorpes.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:01 pm 

Is the match going to be played at Bradley? If so, using public transport, you get the train to Grimsby and the 13 bus service across from the church just up from the railway station and alight at the Bradley Hotel. The ground is down Bradley Lane. I have not been to the ground at Old Clee that their reserves and they sometimes use. But I am told you travel to Grimsby Railway Station for that one too. The Yarborough Hotel a very large and good Wetherspoon public house is next to the railway station.

Post subject: Re: Cleethorpes.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:27 am 

Corrections: it is The Bradley Inn, a beautiful public house it is too, and the 3 bus or the Flier though the drivers had no idea where
Bradley was or you could use their services to get there. I had to educate them but didn't have time to give them a grammar lesson though I did admonish one for wearing a Leeds United hat while driving. An offense against decency in my opinion.
The game was controlled by the men in green, could easily have been three or four-nil in their favour. I hope the injuries are not too bad. I thought Town's ex Grimsby and Harrogate Town center-half (5) was the man of the match. He and the right-back looked decent.
I have grave doubts that a young man encountered on the journey home made it to his, he'd been arrested three times in the week at Grimsby and was traveling home to Carlton In Lindrick via Worksop on the wrong train and had to alight at Barnetby to catch his proper train and then somehow get from Worksop to Carlton with one pound twenty five pence. Just come out of prison and been to visit his mother who had not seen him for twelve or more years. Was drinking vodka an orange and almost did not make it off the train at all. The conductor and my friend Andy White and I glad to see him go.
A good turn out by Frickley' fans so near Christmas.

Post subject: Re: Cleethorpes.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:33 pm 

A great win away another two wins over Christmas will put us back up there. Well done lads keep it going.