It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Twitter announcement
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:22 pm 

Just seen this announced on Wearside League Twitter

Agenda:- 2. Proposed merger with Durham Alliance Combination League.
Could be a good merger

Post subject: Re: Twitter announcement
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:30 pm 

Been proposed a couple of times and its been knocked back. Unless something has dramaticly changed then it could be a possibility. Having seen some scores in the durham alliance league though these teams will be coming up against better opposition so surely the margins are going to be bigger. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:52 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Been proposed a couple of times and its been knocked back. Unless something has dramaticly changed then it could be a possibility. Having seen some scores in the durham alliance league though these teams will be coming up against better opposition so surely the margins are going to be bigger. Time will tell.

Agree but surely would benefit to have 2 divisions where relegation and promotion are on offer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm 

If the second division is a development league like the one that was previously discussed, it will Give newer club's time to work on building a solid base to cooperate from. Great idea!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:41 pm 

All Wearside League Clubs were informed of this on 15th of November and were all ask to attend a Special Meeting tomorrow night to discuss the proposed Development League.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:

Agree but surely would benefit to have 2 divisions where relegation and promotion are on offer.

All for it bigc but i cant see why it was knocked two years ago when it was first brought to light. What has changed from then two now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 pm 

Great idea if they have relegation and promotion . Waste of time if they don’t imo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 am 

The situation beneath the Wearside League is drastic.
There's virtually no clubs left to feed the Wearside League.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:20 pm 

Didnt the league have a second division a few year back then wrapped it once teams started folding or moving on. Saturday football then was in a much stronger position. Since then theres any amount of clubs and leagues wrapped in or got weaker. Also. Do the current clubs in the alliance want to develop or are they happy where they are. What will the criteria be ground wise etc some of the current teams play on open fields no perimeter fencing etc. Loads of ifs and buts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:21 pm 

Could be a good move this. I believe last time the resistance was from the Combination and losing their identity (I may be wrong on this apologies if I am). Having a Wearside league with two (or more) divisions like the alliance can only be good for teams to progress on and off the field. It is worrying however at the lack of leagues and therefore the lack of teams below what we would loosely term the NE pyramid.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:19 pm 

I think its a great idea as long as there is movement between the divisions. I bet Whitehill, Coundon, Hylton Castle. Oddies would still have been going now had there been a way to progress from the Durham Alliance. Al good clubs who IMO would be well capable at competing in the Wearside League I'm sure Oddies only went because they felt they couldnt go any further. And did Hylton Castle not go because the Wearside refused their application ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:56 pm 

Invariably the situation could only enhance what is becoming a worrying trend throughout the lower pyramid.

However, the situation could only progress with promotion and relegation.
Some teams below the WL would relish the chance of competing at a higer level, and possibly progressing further through the pyramid.

Interesting times ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
I think its a great idea as long as there is movement between the divisions. I bet Whitehill, Coundon, Hylton Castle. Oddies would still have been going now had there been a way to progress from the Durham Alliance. Al good clubs who IMO would be well capable at competing in the Wearside League

I absolutely agree with this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am 

Durham FA wrote:
Following negotiations between the Durham County FA, the TWR Wearside League and Durham Alliance League both Leagues held Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) this week to discuss a merger. This merger would result in the Durham Alliance League becoming a Development Division within the TWR Wearside League set up, which would allow a natural route for promotion into the FA National League System.
At their respective EGM’s clubs voted 100% in favour of the merger and proposed Management and Rule changes from the commencement of the 2018 – 2019 season.
Full announcement at http://www.durhamfa.com/news/2017/dec/m ... t-football

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Post subject: LEAGUES MERGER
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:39 am 

Taken from DFA site

. Following negotiations between the Durham County FA, the TWR Wearside League and Durham Alliance League both Leagues held Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) this week to discuss a merger. This merger would result in the Durham Alliance League becoming a Development Division within the TWR Wearside League set up, which would allow a natural route for promotion into the FA National League System.

At their respective EGM’s clubs voted 100% in favour of the merger and proposed Management and Rule changes from the commencement of the 2018 – 2019 season.

Durham County FA Company Secretary, John Topping, who has been involved since the first meeting in March stated; “This is a fantastic opportunity for teams who play Saturday afternoon football to not only have an opportunity to progress through the FA National League System but to also develop their facilities, players and finances. I would like to thank the Management Committee of both Leagues for the support they have shown regarding the merger and also all the teams for having the foresight to take on board what the outcomes can be. This is a big step to try and arrest the decline in Saturday Adult eleven aside football and offer more opportunities”.

The next step is to hold further discussions with representatives of the Frank Hudson Crook & District League to see if progress can be made regarding further developments within the structure.

John Topping added; “The Durham County FA is committed to try and prevent, where possible the decline in Saturday adult eleven aside football and this could result in one structure involving all the aforementioned adult leagues plus a link with the Durham County FA current Under 18’s Saturday League. This season we administer leagues from Under 14’s to Under 18’s and the eventual aim would be to progress them through to an Under 21 or Under 23 league and then into the adult league structure”.

The TWR Wearside League and Durham Alliance League management committees will meet as soon as possible to discuss the next steps regarding advertising for teams and moving forward together.

Read more at http://www.durhamfa.com/news/2017/dec/m ... I8vcxRb.99