It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Keep it in the family
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 am 

I see skelmesdale FC are in trouble and they're trying to raise £10,000 to help keep the club going am sure they'll succeed if they ALL pull together if only someone had come up with that idea BEFORE they got in trouble like a fund just for a sittuation like this then it might have been avoided I URGE ALl clubs to seriously look to your supporters clubs to get this in place it's a brilliant idea or it could be just frowned upon

Post subject: Re: Keep it in the family
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:24 am 

Let's not forget Old School. Some people seem to think that giving a football club the odd £50 here and there will be a massive benefit to team. Also giving money to charity once a footballer hits 100 goals, will also benefit a football club too. But wanting to aim for a target and giving the club a massive cash injection, is suicidal according to some "good" people. Anybody would think we were planning a takeover of our own. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:07 pm 

The fact the board are not just reluctant to allow the supporters club to raise money but are actively resistant to it, as they see it as a 'threat' shows a number of things for me
1. They are paranoid, and you know what paranoid people are usually either (a) mentally unstable or (b) have something to hide
2. They have poor business acumen, why wouldn't a business welcome a Pot of money been made available to it in case of difficulties or unexpected costs??
3. Some board members are at the club to feather their own nests and advance there own career within the football industry, they do not care about the longer term sustainability of the football club, if they did why would they try time stop the supporters club raising money??

I welcome answers to all 3 questions from mini, Mr Sitter and never neutral and if possible the rest of the politburo but I won't get them,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:11 pm 

Other people's money should be spent wisely as their are many fools who don't know that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:47 pm 

It's amazing. Every single penny raised by the SC, is and ALWAYS, will go back to the club no MATTER what. What do people seriously think is going to happen to the money? In the first 2 months, the SC.....(well i say SC, in fact only two people have only be bothered to do any fundraising at all), already got £1500 in the pot and that's not including membership fees.

If people just didn't get jealous/worried/ paranoid about the SC and left them to carry on doing thier business, how much money can/could they earn in the long run and help benefit the club? Instead, we have/had people, telling the SC how to use the money without doing no fundraising at all. Then we've had people crying off and poisoning the SC, when they didn't het thier own way.

For the people who said to me  "it's a terrible idea to try and hit a target amount first ". Well try and explain why to Skelmersdale fans, you think it's a bad idea, to try and riase a good chuck of money, i'd like to see thier reaction to you.

Last edited by RIP Rory Dove on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 pm 

P.S. Good luck to Skelmersdale. Hope they find thier feet soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:24 pm 

Didn't someone from the club go to a supporters club meeting and try and stop a vote as in there opinion having a show of hands at the meeting was illegal??

I have worked in the legal system for 10 years and have never seen anyone prosecuted for that,

North koreans would even be shocked at some of three stuff that goes on, it's like 1930's Russia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm 

It wasn't even a proper vote, it was an "opinion vote", i.e non-offical. That was said, before it even took place, but we couldn't even do that, apparently.

Last edited by RIP Rory Dove on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:45 pm 

So quiet on here have the usual suspects mr sitter,blue Stan,never neutral etc nothing to say on this

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:08 pm 

Old school wrote:
So quiet on here have the usual suspects mr sitter,blue Stan,never neutral etc nothing to say on this

i have nothing to say on this matter as i am in the dark regarding these activities,so it would be unwise to comment without knowing the full facts on this matter.

but what i will say is that it is about time some people stopped throwing their teddies out of the cot repeatedly,and moved on, some people call themselves frickley fans but take every opportunity to post negative and downgrading comments about the club
yes some might say i have had a gripe and a moan on here over some things,but not everything is doom and gloom as some people seem to think,it is a lot easier to complain and moan than it is to praise, and that is a fact.
but why not smile once in a while and praise when it is due,lets not forget that this is an official club forum, therefore lets have some positivity before the club closes down this forum.it used to be a pleasure to come on and read the posts,which contained banter,differences of opinion,honesty,amusing topics,without people falling out,the biggest moans used to be blade correcting our spelling and frickley1 reminding us that it was a frickley football forum,but now all we get is doom and gloom and negativity,and anyone who praises the club in whatever way gets shot down,which is what these pages seem to be full of now.
the fun has certainly gone out of the forum now,thanks to a certain few,and im sure thats why a lot of the regular contributors no longer partake in debates on here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:22 pm 

The club should close the forum down it would save them a lot of time getting there minions on here using propaganda to shout down everyone who strays from the club's ideological view, they want to control everything,

Also others dare not post there thoughts in fear of getting an abusive call.

Any point gets lost in the positive v negative argument, like the point here is the club have 100% tried to discourage and even prevent the supporters club raising money, now how can any Frickley fan or football fan in general agree with that???

It then raises the question why would they do this? What are the motives?

But people have been brainwashed and don't seem to care, and the ones that do speak up (myself included) are slandered to death, it's a joke to be honest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:29 pm 

Blue Stan how the on earth can you quote honesty with the things going on at MY club throwing teddies out of cots open your eyes there's so much that some people at this club are trying to do it's ridiculous it's good the club seem to be doing well on the pitch but the club needs money to keep going forward and some are hell bent on stopping others from raising money for the club.Instead of jumping on the bandwagon come and attend a supporters club meeting and listen to "the other side" before casting aspersions

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:06 pm 

First and foremost; the team (management team and players!) are doing well. Second place is in sight, although you could reasonably argue that the budget should be delivering top 2/automatic promotion. Time will tell on that.

Reports are positive around on pitch activities and that is good news. Long may it continue.

The story quite possibly isnt the same when it comes to off-pitch news.

The snubbing of Chad is a monumental own goal for me, and the ignorance of more than one board member yesterday is a shame. If true... of course.

Any ‘rejction’ of supporters club funding/donations is of course utterly biazarre. Why on earth would a club seemingly looking for all the cash injections it can, mute the supporters club and their wishes to raise cash for the club? Again, IF true, incredibly bizarre.

I’m sure there are better ‘qualified’ people in this form than me to say whether or not these “questions” are valid...

As I said earlier... brilliant to see the on pitch results so positive. That is great news. But a real shame that a real divide appears to have grown between the club and (at least!) some of their loyal support.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:16 pm 

Very well put Frickley but trust me this is all true and I would be happy to meet anyone personally to explain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:48 pm 

Who is the Chairman/woman at the club now?