It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Squad Size
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm 

I'm not sure whats going on but why are so many players leaving?

Thinking back to when we were winning the league and cups we had a settled squad who wanted to play for us and felt they had a future at the club.

Is it something to do with the way they are being managed?
Is the club going back on promises?
Are other clubs offering more money?

It just seems really strange that we got the players to sign at the beginning of the season and everything looked like we would have a good year then as soon as things turn a little sour we lose all of them

Any ideas anyone?

Post subject: Re: Squad Size
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:23 pm 

7 day rule doesn't help when other clubs come waving cash, plus selective pruning of squad size.

Bitten by the TERRIERS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 pm 

Location: Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Apart from the 7 day rule (which affects all clubs), the squad reduction seems perfect sense to me, other than the League Cup all other hope of silverware has now gone in what has been a disappointing and frustrating season which initially promised much on the pitch but looks like delivering nothing.

I think describing it 'as soon as things turn a little sour' is an understatement!

I would also say that now is the perfect time to blood a few of the reserves to see if any look like they are promising - sadly every other club around seem to give youth a proper chance, the list of quality local players who have gone elsewhere must be reasonably long....who since Mickey Cross has come through and established themselves in a Terriers side? Or maybe the question is, who has been given a fair chance to?

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 pm 

the wheels appear to be coming off @bedlington. i think that rich fellow should be putting his hands into his pocket.its not like he's going to lose his multi million pound fortune is it.what it would cost to make terriers the envy of all is going to be like loose change to this fella.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 pm 

There are very strange perceptions of Bob Rich's position at the Terriers.

He has never said that he would bankroll the club. He has endeavoured to help the club organise itself more efficiently and effectively. He has done that and Terriers are now in a stronger position than when he started.

That said, the club has come on leaps and bounds since Dave Holmes took over and the club now has a good infrastructure. It is puzzling that the season has been disappointing for the club on the pitch.