It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: NEWTON AYCLIFFE 2 CROOK TOWN 0. . .
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 pm 

what a cracking day for a game of football. nice warm sunshine and a good crowd. not a lot between the two teams in the first half. both teams missing chances. incey the busiest of the two keepers i thought.
their keeper got away with a total howler when unchallenged shouted his ball and he made a right mess of it by dropping it and it looked like it was going in for a goal but he got lucky and it ran out just shaving the post. he did pull a great save off from marty though...
the two centre halve for aycliffe were superb all game. they won just about everything in the air.
second half started with aycliffe the better team and looking more likely to score, they were playing the better football now. it looked only time before they scored and sure enough mellanby i think, did just that to give them a deserved lead.
we had two or three good chances late on but it was one of them games where it wasnt to be for our lads up front.
aycliffe scored a deserved second near the end from byrne, he caught incey off his line with a great chip into an empty net..
thought incey was our man of the match with some great saves btw.
we were beaten on the day by the better team no excuses, but ive got to admit the referee was as bad as ive seen for a long time. there was some good strong tackles going in from both sides but it was us who were going in the book for them..
one in particular in the first half when john jury got booked for a naughty tackle, deservedly booked i thought. but minutes later one of their lads did the same tackle and nothing. inconsistency by the official thats all. very very annoying.
like i say aycliffe deserved their victory....

BARCELONA 2 CROOK TOWN 4 - HONEST!! :D

http://www.crooktownafc.co.uk

CROOK TOWN 12 BISHOP HORSELAND 1.

C.T.C.

"IF TETLEY PUT THE T IN TEA, WHO PUT THE C*** IN SCUNTHORPE?"

Post subject: Re: NEWTON AYCLIFFE 2 CROOK TOWN 0. . .
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 pm 

Good game today, Aycliffe missed a few in the first half and could easily have been 2 or 3 up by half time.

You are spot on about the incinsistency on the bookings. One of your lads got booked then Danny M went in with a high wide and late tackle, only to receive a warning. Another ref another day and he could have been off (in my opinion). He got a yellow later tho :D

Good game, good teams, good banter and we got the points - couldn't ask for much better for us.

See you in December.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:49 pm 

the mighty crook town wrote:
what a cracking day for a game of football. nice warm sunshine and a good crowd. not a lot between the two teams in the first half. both teams missing chances. incey the busiest of the two keepers i thought.
their keeper got away with a total howler when unchallenged shouted his ball and he made a right mess of it by dropping it and it looked like it was going in for a goal but he got lucky and it ran out just shaving the post. he did pull a great save off from marty though...
the two centre halve for aycliffe were superb all game. they won just about everything in the air.
second half started with aycliffe the better team and looking more likely to score, they were playing the better football now. it looked only time before they scored and sure enough mellanby i think, did just that to give them a deserved lead.
we had two or three good chances late on but it was one of them games where it wasnt to be for our lads up front.
aycliffe scored a deserved second near the end from byrne, he caught incey off his line with a great chip into an empty net..
thought incey was our man of the match with some great saves btw.
we were beaten on the day by the better team no excuses, but ive got to admit the referee was as bad as ive seen for a long time. there was some good strong tackles going in from both sides but it was us who were going in the book for them..
one in particular in the first half when john jury got booked for a naughty tackle, deservedly booked i thought. but minutes later one of their lads did the same tackle and nothing. inconsistency by the official thats all. very very annoying.
like i say aycliffe deserved their victory....

A fair report on the game tmct, but im concerned why we have played 5 differant left full backs in 7 games, at the spenny and aycliffe games it stood out, both capable players but lacking in fullback defensive responsabilities, in fact against aycliffe it affected our right backs performance.
Is baxter and wraith both injured.?

Addie and brian have got it wrong, that is not the the problem position, there are 3 positions where changes or extra coaching is needed, that is up front and midfield, again that is my opinion, im a supporter and pay my money and have my say.
We have been in the 2nd division for 10 years now and it would be fantastic to gain promotion. as i dont think the 2nd division is as strong as latter years.

Good luck for saturday and im sure the managers will sort our teething problems out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:27 pm 

Agree with jimmymac, the left back who played v aycliff was terrible & because of him it made the right back have a poor game! It was all the left backs fault! Sack him!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 pm 

its a good point jimmy, i cant understand why taggy was allowed to leave, i think he was the best defender at the club, just my opinion, nowt wrong with the lads we have now i just think taggy was better...
i honestly think we have a great chance of promotion this season with the team and squad that we have...

C.T.C.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:05 pm 

Tmct, ur posts r poor! Not only do u slate current players but u also comment about gettin beat stupid score lines such as 9-1! U as this mighty fan should try & get behind ur team! Am sure a few players read this & don't care too much for ur comments! As for taggy, it's a shame it didn't work out, I think he did well preseason. Good luck to him!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 am 

Captain wrote:
Tmct, ur posts r poor! Not only do u slate current players but u also comment about gettin beat stupid score lines such as 9-1! U as this mighty fan should try & get behind ur team! Am sure a few players read this & don't care too much for ur comments! As for taggy, it's a shame it didn't work out, I think he did well preseason. Good luck to him!

poor posts? why are they poor then? who have i slated that plays for crook town? the 9-1 was a stupid tongue in cheek comment... behind my team? me and quite a few others at this club follow crook town home and away since we were kids... we will be here following crook long after youve gone..
and i couldnt give a f*** if you like my comments or not, its an open forum. taggy is a true star in our eyes, hes one of the ones who stayed last season when lots of others left. hes one of the players who turned out week after week knowing we would get well beat. cracking defender and a cracking lad...

C.T.C.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:23 am 

Captain

you wont meet a better bloke than TMCT who says things as he sees them and 99% of the time he is spot on with what he says.

he will always back the team through thick and thin sames as jimmymac would loved to have known who that was when we were there like!!!

everybody is entitled to their opinion as at th end of the day its blokes like this that pay your expenses by them coming through the gate to watch.

im sure the management team know what they are doing and let them iron out the problems that is currently happening and im sure crook will bethere or thereabouts.

TMCT AND JIMMYNMAC stick in and it will come right dont worry just hope the promise that has been shown early doors doesnt go pear shaped like it did last time this year when if promises had been kept you would have been visiting the likes of spennymoor and shildons every week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:47 am 

Captain wrote:
Agree with jimmymac, the left back who played v aycliff was terrible & because of him it made the right back have a poor game! It was all the left backs fault! Sack him!

Captain im not slating the fullback, he is a good player in the centre of the defence, it was a positional selection rooster up, it seems that the team is chosen on individual performances instead of a team performance, thats how i see it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:05 am 

cheers foss, nice comments mate..

captain, it looks like jimmymac has highlighted my post and added his comments about the defence and it looks like ive posted it...

the first post at the top is my view of the game, and theres no slating of players from me..

C.T.C.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:42 pm 

the mighty crook town wrote:
cheers foss, nice comments mate..

captain, it looks like jimmymac has highlighted my post and added his comments about the defence and it looks like ive posted it...

the first post at the top is my view of the game, and theres no slating of players from me..

sorry for dropping you in it tmct, a genuine mistake and i worded my post wrong, if i sounded to slag any player off then im sorry it was not intended,my post was all about team changes
and the effect it has playing players out of position.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:05 pm 

Just come back from my holiday last week, and came through to watch the Aycliffe game. Have to say, i was a bit dissapointed with the lack of football being played by Crook (Non recongnisable to the pre season games)........ Does anyone know why Dobell and Richardson were dropped? Before i went on holiday (after the silsden away game) these two were our better players.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:42 pm 

Jimmymac wrote:
sorry for dropping you in it tmct, a genuine mistake and i worded my post wrong, if i sounded to slag any player off then im sorry it was not intended,my post was all about team changes
and the effect it has playing players out of position.

nee bother jimmy lad. you entitled to your opinion mate. 8)

C.T.C.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:38 pm 

It is an open forum, but like i said earlier, it was a poor post when you stated crook would get beat 9-1! personally, thats an insult to the current squad!
You may not have directly named or slated players, but you may as well have with comments like the above.

As for Taggy, again i will say, he did well pre-season, and well done for what he did last season in bad times, but i would disagree with him being the best defender, as lads like Mossy, Kammy have done excellent, and yes, they are different positions!, The young right back is doing well and needs a bit encouragement, again, its your opinion if you would put Taggy in the current team, but at present, thats the guys in charges decision!

I havent doubted some of you supporters have been through thick and thin with the club, but a little confidence to the team goes a long way!

Good luck for the season!

Capt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:26 pm 

Captain wrote:
It is an open forum, but like i said earlier, it was a poor post when you stated crook would get beat 9-1! personally, thats an insult to the current squad!
You may not have directly named or slated players, but you may as well have with comments like the above.

oh so its A post now, before you said my POSTS are poor...

and anyone who knows me knows how passionate i am about crook town football club, weve been all over watching the team over the years..

the 9-1 was a joke man, nowt else... so what you are saying the current team as you put it, would think i was being serious by that prediction, when they can see by all the posts ive put on these forums over the years and what crook town means to me, that i would of meant it?

and getting behind the current team? we go all over following them and praising them on here..
like i said earlier, i dont slate my club or players off.. EVER !!!

ive also got every confidence in brian and addie to put this club back where i think it belongs, i also have confidence the current team and squad to get us there...

C.T.C.