It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: CROOK TOWN 2 PENRITH 1 . . .
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm 

Another good performance from the lads on saturday in the FA Cup. We were straight out the blocks and were hitting Penrith with everything, we missed some chances before we finally scored.
Wazza scored after about 15 minutes, i think hes scored in every game hes played for us this season up to now. We continued to batter the Penrith goal, it was only time before we scored a second. surely enough it came 5 minutes later from Hughes.
I thought it was going to be a bit of hammering for the visitors as they barely tested our keeper in the first half. Saying that i can rememember their big lad up front turned our defenders inside out for their only real chance but our keeper pulled a good save off to keep it 2-0.
Penrith to their credit came out a different side in the second half, they really had a go and were playing some great football now. They got a goal back from a penalty, it was in the top goal and never really saw it so cant comment on it.
2 minutes later we got a very dubious penalty when the ball hit a Penrith players arm fro a good shot from Wazza, a bit harsh i thought as there wasnt a lot he could of done about it.
The penalty was missed and justice was done i thought as i didnt think it should of been a penalty.
Penrith were really having a go by now and were attacking at will, some great defending, good goalkeeping and a couple of missed chances kept it at 2-1. We were still having our chances but the third goal didnt come.
A good performance by both sides, i thought we deserved it but on another day Penrith could of equalised and got the replay.
Well done lads, roll on Northallerton.

BARCELONA 2 CROOK TOWN 4 - HONEST!! :D

http://www.crooktownafc.co.uk

CROOK TOWN 12 BISHOP HORSELAND 1.

C.T.C.

"IF TETLEY PUT THE T IN TEA, WHO PUT THE C*** IN SCUNTHORPE?"