It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Sponsorship Draw
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:29 pm 

Any info on how many entered the Sponsorship Draw, how much was made and what the money is to be used for??

Also can anyone explain the quote from the Gazette that the chosen sponsor has won a package of between £5000-£10.000?? What dos that mean exactly???

Thank you in advance for your response

Post subject: Re: Sponsorship Draw
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:45 pm 

Nowt to do with you

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:58 pm 

I thought that those who had paid to enter the draw would like to know what has happened to their contribution?, after all when you contribute towards a charity for example they state quite clearly what the money is used for-the Gazette were good in publicising the event wern't they?? wouldnt it have been good for the club to give some detail on why they were raising this money? If the club are going to be playing on publicly owned land back in South Shields Id have thought council tax payers and sponsors might be interested in what this "funding" is used for?? Dont you agree?

Do you speak for the club Derek?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:21 pm 

No. Neither do i speak out of my a**e likevsime on here

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:14 pm 

oh thats good then maybe someone might just keep us and the contributors informed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:45 pm 

Why do you want to know. You didnt contribute

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:20 am 

whether I did or didnt is immaterial, if the club are appealing for money I'd have thought it was right that they say what that is used for and if it will benefit the public in anyway if they are looking to move to publicly funded land in Shields, after all any "grants" applied for have ultimately been awarded from public contributions is Lottery, Sport England etc etc etc?. The silence on a proposed new ground and the "difficulties" being encountered would be bettered aired for the public to decide would it not in terms of seeking sympathy and backing from the public rather than creating suspicion as to why it hasnt happened and therefore reducing interest in a "club" whatever form that may take.?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:58 pm 

I had a go at the shirt draw and thought it was a great idea to help with club funds well worth the £100. As to what the money will be used for I like all the other peple who paid into the draw were told in advance what the money was to be used for. If we did not think the money would be used in a correct way we would not have joined in it in the first place. Do you see any other club displaying there finances on an open forum so why should SSFC.

At the end of the day you have not got any conection with the club you dont attend games home or away or attend any meetings or do anything to help the club other than post at times what are stupid comments. All you have done to is alienate yourself from the club you say you have supported for years I can recall you at some matches a few years ago. What will you do when SSFC move back to Shields you will not be able to attend I think a lot of people would not take to kindly to your attendence.

There is so much hard work being done by so few people behind the scenes that you no nothing about and all done as to benefit the long term survival and future of the club all you seem to want to do is criticise the whole set up no wonder people want to have a go at you you've brought it upon your self. What will you do the next time someone who you have upset meets up with you on the street. I would urge any supporter of SSFC to stop replying to your posts because they serve no purpose in any way in helping the club.