It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: F.A. Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:08 pm 

I see Shoelds aren't in the F.A. Cup this season as they didn't finish high enough in the league.Another first for the club.

Post subject: Re: F.A. Cup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:38 pm 

you beat me to it Matty-not even a mention-"lets keep that one quiet"

cannot remember anytime when Shields did not have a team in the FA Cup-what a shambles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:56 pm 

No mention of the score today either-a 5-0 drubbing.At least we'll be seeing the team playing back in Shields this season-oops,wrong again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:00 pm 

You both have short memories. It is only since the present team (pre 1974) joined the Northern League that they have played in the FA Cup. When they were in the Northern Alliance and WEarside Leagues they couldn't enter the FA Cup.
I was at Billingham today. I didn't see either of you there supporting YOUR team !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:22 pm 

thatll be because Sunderland wern't playing-seem to remember a certain person hardly went to see shields when Sunderland were at home. I also remember an idiot who supported Spurs and went to see them up here when Shields were at home-some supporters EH---- short memories................

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:36 am 

Just shows how much youre out of touch. I used to work at Sunderland, thats why I missed Shields games. I havent worked there for 2.5 years so have missed very few games in that time. As I've said many a time theres always a seat on the bus to Peterlee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:07 pm 

matty the mariner wrote:
No mention of the score today either-a 5-0 drubbing.At least we'll be seeing the team playing back in Shields this season-oops,wrong again.

Consett 2 South Shields 3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:20 pm 

I expect the teams in the F.A.Cup will want to avoid getting drawn against Shields after that result !!!!! Oops wrong again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:46 pm 

a reliable source tells me Consett played 8 juniors...............

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 pm 

Well they played a game yesterday so it's no surprise they rested their better players,but of course that won't be mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:21 am 

why don't you two try taking a cold bath and practice some under water farts :) there's probably more sense comes out of your a**e.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:12 am 

Consett played Ryton on Friday night-they couldnt play 2 games in 2 days with their full team-thats wwhy they had 8 juniors on on Saturday
afraid the club is doomed Matty. Even if they get back to Shields it will be a tinpot B n Q diy ground. Somebody has a vision of having their little footy club for themselves unfortunately. The only way to gat a team worth watching in this town is for someone with money to start off a new club-I see games are still being played at Filtrona-I had heard that some businessman was looking into buying it and expanding it and keeping a footy club there and possibly a 5 a side complex with the view to starting off in the Wearside League

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:01 pm 

notagoodpass wrote:
Consett played Ryton on Friday night-they couldnt play 2 games in 2 days with their full team-thats wwhy they had 8 juniors on on Saturday
afraid the club is doomed Matty. Even if they get back to Shields it will be a tinpot B n Q diy ground. Somebody has a vision of having their little footy club for themselves unfortunately. The only way to gat a team worth watching in this town is for someone with money to start off a new club-I see games are still being played at Filtrona-I had heard that some businessman was looking into buying it and expanding it and keeping a footy club there and possibly a 5 a side complex with the view to starting off in the Wearside League

I actually took that game in yesterday and watched a very good shields performance . Couple of defensive howlers from Shields but non the less a good show . I think 8 juniors is an exaggeration by the way. Promising debut from Damien Stevens who will only get better with experiance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:39 pm 

Why let the facts get in the way of some good
old bull's droppings