It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Next manager?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:07 pm 

With reports on their fans forum saying that Parky is off to Alty who would we like to see as new manager? Best of luck to Parky. He's been absolutely brilliant. Let's hope tonight isn't his last game in charge. Come on you Dabbers!

Post subject: Re: Next manager?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:19 pm 

Gutted to see Phil go, he'd started something good here, he's gone to a club that used to be bigger than us, but will be playing in the same division next season. Will add extra spice to the Cheshire derby next season.
As for next manager
Apparently Steve Davis is off abroad to manage so he's out.
Danny Griggs/Steve Jones - both know the club inside out but had no managerial experience, but every great manager had to start somewhere.
Scot Dundas/Michael Lennon?
Carl Everall doing a decent job at Whitchurch.

One thing is for sure we are not going to be short of applicants, given our league & cup exploits over the last 2 seasons, but what we definitely need is someone fairly local who knows and gets the club and not going to make wholesale changes.

Just hope we don't lose too many of the present squad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:33 pm 

I think Yabber's last comment is very pertinent. Before Parky's departure there were rumours of a few players going at the end of the season. We could now see an exodus. Remember we lost over half a team last summer.
As for a new manager....it took us almost six years to get back on track following Steve's leaving so lets make sure we get it right.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:29 pm 

Yes, it's very disappointing to see Parky leave and it feels like he had unfinished business,as if next season could have been even better. But it a number of players were thinking of moving on, perhaps not. I don't envy the next manager in the sense that he will have a lot to live up to, but will be in charge of a good, solid club, particularly if he is able to retain the core of the players from last season. Any news on who is likely to stay? I imagine Parky would like to take Touray and possibly Curt Jones with him - I thought both were outstanding last season.