It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Trafford match
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:25 pm 

It's a while since I've posted my thoughts on here about a match, so here goes on the Trafford game.

Yet again we took a decent vocal following to Trafford' although I doubt many took the route that the supporters coach took - 2 hours from Nantwich to Trafford, including passing one pub 3 times - but that's another story in itself.

We lined up with Jack Cudworth in goal, who been solid but to be honest didn't have to much to deal with in the way of shots on target.
Andy White was left back - Mister Consistency for me this season, good defender and offers a fair bit in attack when supporting the left winger, he was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet early on, a surging run down the inside left channel, cutting inside and then his shot flashing across the goal.
Sam Wilson at right back, a little raw, but no denying his passion and commitment, he hasn't let us down, gave another 100% performance on Saturday - and he loves a celebration
Russ Courtney - as we sing 'he tackles with his left, he tackles with his right, he heads all day and heads all night - the making of a good partnership with Adam Jones if we can keep him. Personally I really rate Russ - defence looks solid when he plays
Adam Jones -only on loan - hope we can keep him, not sure how many centre halves FCUM need, they seem to be doing alright without him - so Adam please stay.
Max Harrop left wing - a real box of tricks, can be frustating at times, by by heck when he is on form he is exciting to watch - the last few games he has been more consistent and posing more of a threat throughout the game - I reckon he was man of the match on Saturday, him and Andy White on the left are a real threat going forward and he strikes a good dead ball - on Saturday another of his free kicks was unlucky not to go in as it took a deflection off the wall and drifted just wide of the post.
Midfield pairing was Ross Davidson and Mark Jones - both got bundles of energy, I get knackered just watching Jones cover every blade off grass for 90 minutes - which is wht we are strong in the closing stages of the game.
I like Ross as player, does a lot of things that go unnoticed during the game - just could do with them both helping out on the goal front occasionally. :wink:
Harry Clayton, playing wide right lately, he might disagree but I think he's better there than up front, he can still chip in with the goals like he did against Leek.
Ben Deegan - goal machine - the physical presence we missed desperately early on in the season, worked his socks off tirelessly again on Saturday, unlucky not to get on the score sheet, and when he is fully fit what an asset to the team he is.
Steve Foster, obviously lacking match practise when he fist came in the team, but is getting better and better each game, helps create numerous chances for the others, the goals will surely start to flow soon.

It wasn't a great performance on Saturday, but we battled for 90 minutes, never gave up. I can't remember Cudworth making a save of note - the whole defence were solid and the midfield did their job protecting in front of them.
We had several half chances, shots , crosses flying across the box, just wide, players not getting on the end of them, but we always posed more of a threat than they did.
But the battling qualities of this side saw u win all three points - a corner from Max (I think :?: ) was not properly dealt with, big Earl creating all sorts of confusion in the box left Adam Jones to nod the ball inside the back post - cue wild scenes of delight amongst the 30 or so Dabbers behind the goals.

Finally, I must say, the fans were superb again on Saturday, not stop singing for 90 minutes, always encouraging the team - Trafford had Manchester Uniteds Under 12 team as guest of honours for the day, started off with friendly banter with them and they they joine dn with us - Schume even let one of them have a go on his drum in the first half (2nd half was a different story - but I'll leave someone else to comment on the Schume Rage Incident :lol: ). A couple of Trafford fans we talked to during the 2nd half certainly enjoyed our visit and mentioned on twitter on Saturday.

Overall, another enjoyable day out and more friends made and The Dabbers left a good impression on their guests.

In fact I enjoyed it so much, think I'll go back Tuesday night.

Post subject: Re: Trafford match
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:08 pm 

There's no doubting that Andy White has been our best player all season. He seems to have a superb football brain, some of his through balls for Burns, Foster and Deegan are just amazing. His performance against Leek a couple of weeks ago was perhaps the best seen at The Dome this season. It's hard to understand why Crewe let him go. A favour from Steve perhaps?