It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Supporters Club Expectations
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:44 am 

Jon Gold says he hopes the fledgling supporters club will "raise funds" to improve the experience of visiting the Dome. How about the club invest some of their own money in improving that experience!
The food is at best adequate, you cant get a decent cup of coffee or non at all in the clubhouse, the P.A. system is rubbish and god forbid you should need the toilet on the "Oakfield" side.
Last season we had our best ever FA Cup run. The prize money from that run alone (by my estimation over £20,000) cant be far off the total gate receipts we received last season, but where has it gone, certainly not on the ground.
Mr Gold hasnt shown much intrest in the views of supporters up to now, so whats going to change?

Post subject: Re: Supporters Club Expectations
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:46 pm 

Green Eyed Monster wrote:
Jon Gold says he hopes the fledgling supporters club will "raise funds" to improve the experience of visiting the Dome. How about the club invest some of their own money in improving that experience!
The food is at best adequate, you cant get a decent cup of coffee or non at all in the clubhouse, the P.A. system is rubbish and god forbid you should need the toilet on the "Oakfield" side.
Last season we had our best ever FA Cup run. The prize money from that run alone (by my estimation over £20,000) cant be far off the total gate receipts we received last season, but where has it gone, certainly not on the ground.
Mr Gold hasnt shown much intrest in the views of supporters up to now, so whats going to change?

Can you make the meeting tonight? That way you will be pretty much informed in why things are as they are. I could write it all down here, but not got alot of time before the meeting tonight to do this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:08 pm 

this is about moveing the club forward not trying to get the supporters to pay for ground repairs etc so come tonight and find out how u can help your club move forward.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:05 am 

Where has it gone ?
well i would think that most of it maybe has been payed in wages to the players !!!!
But i am only guessing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:02 pm 

Dib-Dab wrote:
Where has it gone ?
well i would think that most of it maybe has been payed in wages to the players !!!!
But i am only guessing

People forget that we sit on a ground that cost 4 million pound, does anybody really think we paid it all upfront? Remember we had the pitch screwed up after our first season, that wasn't cheap to redo either!

Last year we averaged something like 450 fans well we were averaging 600+ not so long ago its a 25% drop in gate revenue, which has a drastic effect on the playing budget.

Green Eyed Monster wrote:

Mr Gold has shown more interest in the supporters welfare in the last year than anybody else has in the previous 20 years before that. Yes the food is adeqaute at best and Jon is very much in agreement with the supporters, unfortunately the club is tied into a contract until the end of next season, yes it was a mistake and the club will learn from it. However Jon has made it very clear that the food must improve, however if you come to the bigger games in our season (such as Saturday) you may see that something will be different.

Personally I want the club to spend its finances wisely on getting the playing staff right, if we are playing attractive winning football, it is plausable that our gate revenue would increase by at least 25% to 33%, which in itself will generate more revenue for the club in the hope that we can approve all aspects of the club.

If a collection of supporters can do a spot of fundraising here and there and have some fun events throughout the year at some kind of supporter events, then we can improve the little things like a tanoy system, or help construct a proper dissabled section in the ground. Just because we are not directors of the club it doesn't mean that it isn't our club, afterall without the supporters the club is nothing and would struggle to survive. Jon Gold clearly knows that as much as we know that, and this is why we must work together. As Jon would say "there is no chiefs or indians at this club" and he means it too!

If you want things to change at the club or you are not happy with something, get involved do something about it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:23 pm 

Hear Hear...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 pm 

well said schume

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:48 pm 

Yes indeed. Very well said sir and I agree with every word. I was very impressed with our chairman in the first meeting a couple of weeks ago. He was very honest and refreshingly candid in terms of some of the details he revealed about behind the scenes at the club, including players' wages. I found him extremely personable and felt proud that we have such a good man at the helm, a man who is keen to involve the supporters. It may be to lighten his load, perhaps, but that's fair. He's not going to hoodwink people as sharp and passionate as Yabber Dabber Do and Schume.
I'm sorry I couldn't make last night's meeting and I sincerely hope it went well. If anyone is able to post a brief update I would be very grateful.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:19 pm 

We are looking at a 'temporary' committe to get things off the ground, with me as chair, Ian G as vice and Schume as treasurer.

Hopefully as things progress, and people join, because believe it or not, with our elderly followers, there are many without internet access, but have plenty to offer the supporters club, a proper commitee can be formed in the New Year.

Over the course of the coming months we hope to grow our numbers by word of mouth, radio, the Chronicle, programme, twitter, facebook, website etc.

I am going to draw up an initial constitution for next Wednesday, someone else is going to draw up an application form - looking at all fans as being associate members - to be a full member will cost approx £8 for adults, £4 concessions. The benefits we are looking at is discount on organised away travel, discount on club 'events' which the supporters club will organise, plus 'others' as and when we firm things up.

One thing we discussed last night was sponsoring a player - we have enough pledges for 1 player and well on the way to a 2nd. Hoping to get a photo on the pitch tomorrow with people from the supporters club handing the shirt over to our 'chosen one'. :wink:

As Schume said, the catering is being looked at with tweaks this season, the tannoy is going to be one of our first fund raising targets. and we haven't eeven started yet!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:43 pm 

Why wasnt it advertised on signal one or put in the chronicle before the first meeting? Surely it would of made sense to do this and get off on the right foot with the supporters it seems to be a bit of cloak and dagger but mind you thats Nantwich Town Football Club for you.

we have gone over and over what happens to the money we make but Jon Gold said at the Q&A night that we wont be showing the in's and out's of the club WHY? something to hide. The Club must not have that much money if the are asking for the supporters to raise money for them. We offered that when the Club moved from Jackson Ave(RIP) but were told we didnt need to, we also asked if there was anything to be done around the Club yet again we were told no and now we are being asked to come up and spruce the ground up. Something does not add up here but we will never find the answers because the hand is quicker than the eye.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:12 pm 

it costs money does it not to advertise on the likes of signal one? as yet the supporters club has none and signal one? i think theres better avenues to go down surely.
i was sceptical myself about the whole concept but at the meeting the other night i was really impressed with what i heard. the idea to arrange travel to away games especially is long over due and will be a great move so long as it is not a closed shop and everybody within the group is given the chance to take advantage of it. had never heard john gold speak either and was impressed with what he had to say about the club, its ambitions and his hopes for the group. he seemed genuine and thats all you can ask. agree with most of what schume wrote also but have to say that he's wrong in saying that john gold cares more the fans than anybody else has at the club in the last 20 years. ever since i saw my first game in 1988 nantwich town has always been blessed with people that love the club and care for the fans from jack lindop, joe davis, peter ward, albert, neville and peter to clive and many in more. thats what makes it such a great club, one we should all be proud of.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:51 pm 

Am I missing a point here?
If I want discounted travel to whitby as an example I would go to either google or crewe station why would I have to ensure I have to put put up with other people I may not agree with their view on things for a few hours to line one of the companies ( malbank) who initially had fingers in the clubs catering ( not literally I hope) to save myself a few quod?
Nantwich historically and to date in my humble opinion like many clubs are run by enthusiasts people who put their own money in and therefore don't wNt accounts published.
If a new group come along the question I would ask is this, does the committee see a place for this new entity as part of the fitter board? I.e a supporter being part of the say?
If a supporters committee was to be set up again in my humble opinion funds should be put forwArd to improve the ground etc not for away travel where some persons for whatever reason cannot commit regularly. Food for thought yabber and for what it's worth I believe you are the right man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 pm 

For what it's worth - this will be the proposed objects of the supporters club -

1) Represent and campaign on behalf of Nantwich supporters, on issues decided by the AGM and/or the Committee of the Association.
2) Establish and maintain channels of communications with the Directors and Management of Nantwich Town Football Club.
3) Organise high quality services for NTISA members.
4) Promote, maintain and value the history of Nantwich Town Football Club.
5) Encourage the Directors and Management of Nantwich Town Football Club to appreciate, welcome and value the support and participation of all Nantwich fans, and ensure that equal opportunities are promoted for all supporters.

6) To work in a fundraising capacity predominantly for, but not restricted to Nantwich Town Football Club.

Away travel won't be run at a loss, looking at getting a 16 seater self drive from somewhere like Addscan to get started - certainly no mention of malbank coaches or any other local coach firms, and taking matters from there.

It's early days yet, there will be mistakes made, but hopefully they will be kept to a minimum, we just want as many fans involved, the more the merrier and it will be run democratically.

There is still a vacancy for a secretary even chairman if anyone fancies it, because nothing is set instone yet.

Come down to the club on wednesday night, you could well be pleasantly surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:50 pm 

I wonder how many people with negative comments (er sorry I mean pertinent points) will turn up?

Be interesting to see

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:47 pm 

yes please do turn up and learn more about what we are doing u no wat they say no vote no say