It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Weekends Results
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:15 pm 

How did we all do? I say weekend because of cause Skem are playing Wakefield in today's Super Sunday :lol:

Lancaster 1 - 1 Farsley

One of those games. Had most of the possession, 19 corners (to their 5) had three goals ruled out for offside but we couldn't get the winning goal when it mattered.

As for Farsley being title contenders...they didn't impress me much! Spent most of the game trying to kick us off the pitch and nearly the entire second half camped in their own box.

Post subject: Re: Weekends Results
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:37 pm 

Prescot Cables 1-1 Radcliffe Borough

Both teams will be happy with a point, in a game which could have gone either way. Cables scored their first goal in an opening game of the season since 2007 after only 4 minutes after a goalkeeping error. Radcliffe equalised after a corner wasn't cleared, just before half-time. Cables had the better possession in the second half and carved out a few half-chances however Radcliffe could have snatched all three points after hitting both bar and post in the last 10 minutes. A fair, enjoyable game which I guess leaves both sets of supporters reasonably happy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:33 pm 

Warrington Town 0 v 0 Ossett Town

Not much more to add as this game will not live long in the memory for either set of supporters.

Att: 273

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 am 

Warringtonchris wrote:

Not much more to add as this game will not live long in the memory for either set of supporters.

How are Warrington looking? I'm thinking of coming the next game.

Formally Mr Vics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 am 

Ossett Albion 0-8 Trafford

Trafford played very well and fully deserved their margin, but not getting carried away as Ossett were very poor and will struggle on that evidence. Of course 1st games sometimes throw up these results so hopefully for the Ossett managers sake it was a blip and they will improve! But well done Trafford, will be interesting to see how we do tmrw against Wakefield who will surely offer a bit more of a test and give us better idea of where we are! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:58 pm 

Also at this game. The two scorers looked impressive but it was all a bit too easy at times. Albion made a couple of forays forward in the second half but very few options. Got to feel for them a bit but plenty of time to put things right of course.

"What flavour pies have you got?"
"Burnt"
- garforthtoffee at Brighouse Town canteen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:50 pm 

Wakefield 0 Skelmersdale 2

A very encouraging performance from a young Wakefield side, with a number making their debuts.
Playing surface looked superb and I thought would suit Skem more than it did us.
Skem shaded the first half and probably had the more chances but their keeper pulled of a fantastic reflex save to keep Wakefield out.
Skem scored when we probably having the better of the second half and made sure of the points with a lobbed goal 5 mins from time.

Skem looked a very tidy and confident side and I think we would have faired even better against a less side.

Roll on Trafford!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:12 pm 

Mr Vics wrote:
Warringtonchris wrote:

How are Warrington looking? I'm thinking of coming the next game.

It is hard to judge, we played well in parts just missed the final pass on many occassions, we might need a few more games to gel fully as a squad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:49 am 

Warringtonchris wrote:

I'm encouraged by a point and clean sheet away from home, in a fixture we dropped all three last season. With new recruits, some from Garforth, am hopeful of a top half finish this season. Next two homes against Rammy and Goole (FA Cup) should give a decent indication... :)