It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whos the favourites for evo north ?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:47 pm 

Daz M wrote:
You're bound to do it one day sadly, but then hopefully come straight back down again. :lol:

possible BUT the teams promoted fron our division have a very good record in the premier, I dont recall any coming back down & certainly not straight away :wink:

Serious question mate, regardless of the division they are in, who do YOU consider to be your derby ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:50 pm 

hucks wrote:
Daz M wrote:
You're bound to do it one day sadly, but then hopefully come straight back down again. :lol:

Serious question mate, regardless of the division they are in, who do YOU consider to be your derby ?

Probably Ashton United, but the problem with them is they're too nice and we get on with them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:33 pm 

FyldeFan1 wrote:
odds are now up.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/non ... rth/winner

Who's left Curzon? they look fantastic odds @ 5/1 and no offence to Lancaster but the same odds as Curzon. They've sold their best players, mind boggling

Probably seen that Connerton is back and our finances have been sharpened up a bit. Apart from Farsley and Curzon, who else would be better than us? Skem have lost a couple of players without replacing them and Garforth have imploded.

Think the odds are a lot more accurate than they usually are...except Burscough being as high as 14/1.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:27 pm 

I think Lancaster will be in the playoffs but I'm not having that they are as good as Curzon. 5/1 is a frighteningly good price. Im going to see how much they let me have on because normally its pathetic in non league.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:20 pm 

FyldeFan1 wrote:
I think Lancaster will be in the playoffs but I'm not having that they are as good as Curzon.

Why not? We're much stronger than last season and Curzon are arguably the same/slightly weaker.

History in this league also shows that teams that come 2nd by a huge margin without gaining promotion (Skelmersdale 2009, Lancaster 2010, Skelmersdale again 2011) tend to fall down the pecking order the next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 pm 

how are you much stronger than last season? you've lost key players. The only threat to curzon were us and wit ton and both aren't in the league this year

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:21 pm 

5/1 Dollies to win outright ?

No thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 pm 

hucks wrote:
according to our website.... George Bowyer & Jonathon Hunt, are names I havnt seen before and know nothing about them ...... but we both know Flanny is a shrewd guy dont we :wink:

Daz M wrote:
I have heard the names, and I am pretty sure they're from higher up the pyramid. You must be splashing out trying to win the league again.

Bamber Bridge and Salford City respectively, as it happens....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:51 pm 

FyldeFan1 wrote:
how are you much stronger than last season? you've lost key players. The only threat to curzon were us and wit ton and both aren't in the league this year

Jordan Connerton for a start?

We've lost two "key" players and they've been replaced with better ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:42 am 

I kind of hope Lancaster City get promoted. If we fail this season in the Premier, I'm sure they'll be glad to see us again. They're going to miss us this season! I do think they'll reach the playoffs at best, however.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 am 

My head says Curzon to win the league, even though it's the last thing that I actually want to happen. I can't see them failing this season unless they have an hangover from what happened to them last season which sometimes does happen to teams. Farsley, Lancaster City and Skelmersdale United should be up there on previous seasons you would have thought, but you never know? Among the dark horses I expect to see Radcliffe Borough, who seem to have made some decent signings as well as possibly Goole New Mills and maybe Trafford?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:22 pm 

Daz M wrote:
My head says Curzon to win the league, even though it's the last thing that I actually want to happen. I can't see them failing this season unless they have an hangover from what happened to them last season which sometimes does happen to teams. Farsley, Lancaster City and Skelmersdale United should be up there on previous seasons you would have thought, but you never know? Among the dark horses I expect to see Radcliffe Borough, who seem to have made some decent signings as well as possibly Goole New Mills and maybe Trafford?

Little chance of New Mills I would have thought.

Goole may be a different kettle of fish though. I had a text this morning from a normally reliable source informing me that John Reed has signed nine ex-Buxton players for them. I haven't checked up on this so I don't know how "ex" they are. I.e. players from the past or players from last season's squad or a mixture of both. Whatever, it should give Goole their strongest squad for some time I suspect, if true.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:00 pm 

New Mills fans don't seem too confident about things, but I think "thou doth protest too much". New Mills will be in the top 8 at the end of the season in my opinion at least. I think Burscough and Ossett Town are 2 other sides definetly worth a mention too, especially as the latter seem to have signed quite a number of Garforth Town players from last season's successful team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 pm 

Quote:
If we fail this season in the Premier, I'm sure they'll be glad to see us again. They're going to miss us this season!

Hark at Billy Big Bollox !

Who do you think you are-Halifax ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 am 

Location: NOTE FOR THE SMALL MINDED: My views are my own and do not reflect those of any other Halifax fans.
The pee wee leagues obsession with The Shaymen still runs deep. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next