PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:02 pm 

Source?

Post subject: Re: New Teams for Next Season
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:05 pm 

Check the Evo-Stik website

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:23 pm 

Cheers

Has to be ratified in June at the leagues AGM so let's hope they keep it like that.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:13 pm 

From a King's Lynn point of view I'm looking forward to travelling to some new places.It's nice to finally start our climb back up to where we were before we were wound up (NPL Premier).
Do we get a seasons fixtures in one go? I only ask cause in the UCL we got them in dribs and drabs.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:28 pm 

KLTFCJames wrote:
From a King's Lynn point of view I'm looking forward to travelling to some new places.It's nice to finally start our climb back up to where we were before we were wound up (NPL Premier).
Do we get a seasons fixtures in one go? I only ask cause in the UCL we got them in dribs and drabs.

Yes we do get a whole seasons fixtures at one go, hopefully will be released early July.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 am 

exile wrote:
raysimpson wrote:
Mind you, Kings Lynn don't know where they're going yet, and they've been in the Evostik before, although they could be going to Evo South. Weren't they the team that Durham City played the wrong un against that time?

There's a report that Wroxham will refuse promotion if they are put in the Evo Stick League (Div 1 S)

That's not a misspelling of Wrexham but the place near Yarmouth!! - 220 miles from Market Drayton.

Regionalised football??

That would be daft. Wroxham is a nice place and the teams probly got money behind them as a big local business man called roy who seemed to own everything in town sponsors them. The evo stick should have teams no further south than kings lynn or nottingham. Saying that corby town are in the blue square north and corby is 40 mile from me in luton so it aint exactly up north

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:25 am 

Chris_H wrote:
exile wrote:

There's a report that Wroxham will refuse promotion if they are put in the Evo Stick League (Div 1 S)

That's not a misspelling of Wrexham but the place near Yarmouth!! - 220 miles from Market Drayton.

Regionalised football??

That would be daft. Wroxham is a nice place and the teams probly got money behind them as a big local business man called roy who seemed to own everything in town sponsors them. The evo stick should have teams no further south than kings lynn or nottingham. Saying that corby town are in the blue square north and corby is 40 mile from me in luton so it aint exactly up north

Bishop's Stortford and Brackley are both in the BSN so by comparison by Corby are a genuine northern club.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:08 pm 

Bishop's Stortford and Brackley are both in the BSN so by comparison by Corby are a genuine northern club.[/quote]
yeah they are i think bishop stortford is in hertfordshire, near me. So much for regional leagues ehy. The blue square north should not be south of birmingham

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 pm 

I've just heard that Truro have asked to be switched north. 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:49 pm 

JueChorleyFC wrote:
I've just heard that Truro have asked to be switched north. 8)

they would have fun getting up here if they ever did have to travel north. There are no flights from Newquay or Exeter airports to Manchester or Leeds Bradford on a Saturday or Sunday. Otherwise it's a long slog on the coach or the train.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:41 pm 

Chris_H wrote:
Forester wrote:
Bishop's Stortford and Brackley are both in the BSN so by comparison by Corby are a genuine northern club.

yeah they are i think bishop stortford is in hertfordshire, near me. So much for regional leagues ehy. The blue square north should not be south of birmingham

Correct, but only just.

According to Google Earth, which I accept will not be 100% accurate, the south west corner of Woodside Park is in Essex. :wink:

Interestingly, the Google Earth shot of Woodside Park shows it in its previous more profitable and pre-legal action existence as a car park for Stansted Airport.

I agree about the north/south divide though.

The problem is that England (and Wales) gets much bigger the further south you go and with the Isthmian League and the Southern League covering the bottom half of the country, we are always going to have more 'southern' teams qualifying for Step 2 than 'northern' teams.

The same applies to the Step 5 to Step 4 progression, which is why our New Year's Day 'derby' (January 2nd actually) this year was the 200 mile, five hour round trip to Stamford.

As far as I can see, the only solution would be the introduction of genuine 'Midland Leagues' covering Step 2 and Steps 3 & 4.