It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:27 pm
Posts: 629
Seen a similar thread on the perm forum and just wondered who you think will achieve both.

I think Curzon will win the league, hopefully us through the play offs. Wouldn't be afraid of any other side bar Witton. Even though the play offs are a bit of a lottery we should be at home and should have enough quality to go up, i also think we'd be a big threat in the prem. I'm hoping we catch Curzon yet though. Lancaster have had a few good results recently and i think Skem have found there feet again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 11:19 am
Posts: 26
Location: Prescot
It's going to be a tight one that's for sure. Hope no one bottles it!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:21 pm
Posts: 55
I really cannot pick a winner out of Curzon and Fylde. Whenever one seemingly has the advantage, they go and lose their next game to hand it back to the other! It could be like the other year when Durham and Skelmersdale went right to the wire on the final day. I hope to God we win the league though as we have an atrocious record in the play-offs. Plus, we'd end up playing Witton who would probably turn us over.

Heart says:
Champions - Curzon Ashton
Play offs - AFC Fylde, Witton, Skelmersdale, Lancaster
PO Winners - Witton

Head says:
Champions - AFC Fylde
Play offs - Curzon Ashton, Witton, Skelmersdale, Woodley
PO Winners - Witton

It is going to be very exciting few months for everyone involved!!

_________________
My Blogs :)

http://howlongtogoref.blogspot.com
http://crapnonleagueclothes.tumblr.com/

New posts up from:

Northwich Victoria vs Curzon Ashton - 26/08/2012
Cammell Laird vs Witton Albion - 13/04/2012

Follow me on Twitter: @lawtonjoe / @CrapNLClothes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 200
I agree with everything in Joe`s post, sums it up very well, but what I would add, grasping at straws, is that this year its a new management & team at Curzon so hopefully no fear or previous seasons hangovers & dissapointments.......... HOPEFULLY :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 am
Posts: 595
Think we'll manage to move up a few more before the season ends.

1. Fylde
2. Curzon
3. Lancaster
4. Witton
5. Skelmersdale

Playoffs are too much of a lottery to pick a winner!

_________________
Take me home, City roads, to that place I belong...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:37 pm
Posts: 1886
hucks wrote:
I agree with everything in Joe`s post, sums it up very well, but what I would add, grasping at straws, is that this year its a new management & team at Curzon so hopefully no fear or previous seasons hangovers & dissapointments.......... HOPEFULLY :)


All your ex Mossley contigent (of which there are many don't forget) won't have any fear for sure. My hope is that AFC Fylde win the league, and anyone but Curzon win the play offs. :lol:

_________________
And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 200
Daz M wrote:
hucks wrote:
I agree with everything in Joe`s post, sums it up very well, but what I would add, grasping at straws, is that this year its a new management & team at Curzon so hopefully no fear or previous seasons hangovers & dissapointments.......... HOPEFULLY :)


All your ex Mossley contigent (of which there are many don't forget) won't have any fear for sure. My hope is that AFC Fylde win the league, and anyone but Curzon win the play offs. :lol:


Thanks for that Mr Boddingtons :lol: Having had a quick look at the remaining fixtures it pains me to say it but I would rather have Filed`s run in :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:37 pm
Posts: 1886
You're not seriously telling me you would want Mossley to win the league if we were in your position hucks?

_________________
And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 200
Daz M wrote:
You're not seriously telling me you would want Mossley to win the league if we were in your position hucks?


Fortunately I will never have to make that choice :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I can honestly say I wouldnt want to see you relegated or go bust


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:37 pm
Posts: 1886
hucks wrote:
Daz M wrote:
You're not seriously telling me you would want Mossley to win the league if we were in your position hucks?


Fortunately I will never have to make that choice :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I can honestly say I wouldnt want to see you relegated or go bust


Nice evasion of my question because you know full well that I am right.

_________________
And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 200
[/quote]Nice evasion of my question because you know full well that I am right.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Go on Daz you love us really come out of denial :wink:

You will hear me cheering you on on the 24th :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:37 pm
Posts: 1886
And I'll be cheering for AFC Fylde on the 24th my friend. :wink:

_________________
And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 200
Daz M wrote:
And I'll be cheering for AFC Fylde on the 24th my friend. :wink:


That is a terrible admission Daz ...... I hope your players & staff dont visit this forum :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 7:04 am
Posts: 683
Location: Garforth, Leeds
I would say Fylde top and Curzon second. At least if Curzon go up we won't have to suffer our usual defeat there! 3rd, 4th and 5th could be anyone, including us! 8)

_________________
http://www.garforthtown.net

"What flavour pies have you got?"
"Burnt"
- garforthtoffee at Brighouse Town canteen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion and play off winners, predictions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:37 pm
Posts: 1886
hucks wrote:
Daz M wrote:
And I'll be cheering for AFC Fylde on the 24th my friend. :wink:


That is a terrible admission Daz ...... I hope your players & staff dont visit this forum :oops:


You know I am kidding, although I have to say if it was the last game of the season and they needed 3 points to win the league I would expect and hope that a lot of our fans would feel the same. Nobody wants their rivals to win anything, and anyone that says they don't mind aren't proper football fans for me.

_________________
And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group