It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Colwyn Bay
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:55 pm 

Have to say this on a forum more widely viewed than our own. A visit to the Bay is perhaps the best day out you can have in this division. Alright so the catering isn't up to the quality of Goole's or Lairds'. And it is a fair old schlep for many of us. But the quality of the fans is second to none. Doubtless someone will come on this thread and say that they have had trouble, but as far as I have experienced this season they are a breed apart. Good enough value on their visit to the Sett earlier in the season, but as nothing to the welcome afforded to us yesterday. From the moment the coach pulled up, to the time we dragged our sorry arrises from their splendid clubhouse (comfy sofas are the way forwards), they were nothing short of exemplary hosts. If they get their wish and a. get up via the playoffs, or b. get relocated to the northern section, I for one will shed a tear. And I am pretty sure my fellow Badgers who made the trip will feel similarly.

Good luck lads, wherever the fates take you. You are a credit to this league.

Join in the "fun" on Facebook. Or Twitter.

In "a marriage of hate towards our traditions of our great country" with McScouse.

Post subject: Re: Colwyn Bay
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:39 pm 

Shall i start :roll:

I too will be hoping Colwyn Bay get promotion but for a different reason.

After 2 visits that have consisted of continous abuse from the local chavs , which on our last visit they were moved into another stand in the 2nd half.At the end of the game, one of their stewards told the chairman that if he didnt do something about the chavs he would resign. We then left the ground and had the car stoned, still i did get a nice tour of the local chav estate as we ran after them.

Then theirs the court case that happened after last seasons visit to us, when one of their officials decided to attack one of our directors. At least The Bay sacked him.

Now banter i have no problem with, but swearing at pensioners(women), to an extent that they had to move is not on. There were a number of decent colwyn Bay fans that were ashamed of the chavs antics and apologised , but as it had happened so many times before to other clubs , the apologies ment nothing.

We were promised by directors they would be banned, yet at the next game,(NPLTV in attendance), there they were .

I must admit on their visit to us this season they were very friendly, so maybe they have finally got their act together.

I did think the food was ok though :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:13 pm 

Sheesh, you couldn't even let one of other impartial person back me up?? :lol: All I can say is that it was a chav-free zone yesterday. Whether that was due to a successful cull, or the fact that the Champions are less attractive a proposition than the "other" black and white army ( a poor imitation too if you ask me :wink: ) I couldn't say. Hopefully someone from The Bay will shgow their face round these parts and let us know.

What I do know is that I didn't enjoy my time at Grantham quite as much. Sorry Winston / Si.

Join in the "fun" on Facebook. Or Twitter.

In "a marriage of hate towards our traditions of our great country" with McScouse.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:22 pm 

Mods...

Does this sound familiar?

90 MINS WORTH OF ABUSE FROM CHAVS?

THEY WAIT AT THE GATE FOR YOU?

FOLLOW YOU DOWN THE CAR PARK?

THROW STONES?

WAIT TO SEE WHICH CAR YOU GET IN?

THROW MISSILES AT YOUR CAR ON THE MAIN ROAD AS YOU EXIT LEFT OUT OF THE CAR PARK?

GO ABOUT 50 YARDS UP THE ROAD?

GET OUT OF YOUR CAR AND CHASE THEM DOWN THE ESTATE ON YOUR RIGHT?

If so welcome to my Colwyn Bay experience.

Other than that all the other people were top notch and very welcoming and i love the ground for some reason especially that terrace... I fell over the back of it nearly :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:39 pm 

Spot on Mat, i guess they used the same escape route , down the alleyway :shock:

fastest i've run for years, still didnt catch them :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:42 pm 

Uncanny Matt! The only difference being that we decided to turn right rather than left in an attempt to outwit them, as we guessed they would try something. One of the little sods still managed to hit my car with a stone, so one emergency brake later, we were out and chasing. Hardly Starsky & Hutch, more like Keystone Kops, but still we managed to collar one of them - albeit only because he was rooted to the spot like a rabbit caught in headlights.

That all said, I'm looking forward to visiting CBFC again next season, for all the right reasons. Including, hopefully, another cracking stay-over in Llandudno.

Got to say that the true Colwyn Bay supporters who travelled to our place March 1st were excellent - certainly those that I had the pleasure to speak with.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:02 pm 

We have made great strides at the club to try an eradicate instances like this but it is impossible for us to police the streets after a match. As our friend from Shepshed will testify all of our Stewards are now NVQ2 qualified and along with Shepshed are the first at our level to be so. We are now better equipped to try and deal with this type of situation. Every club has kids or adults that are prepared to hurl abuse at away supporters and we have had our fair share of it this season as well. In fact coming from Wales we may even get more than our fair share of it.
Some people will take umbridge at even the smallest thing like being politely asked not to put a flag over an advertising board. I was given a right torrent of abuse from an adult fan from one club for daring to ask such a thing. As I explained or tried to anyway people pay a lot of money to put the boards there they dont want to see a flag from our club let alone another covering it.
We had a great time when we visited Retford and were treated really well. Everyone at Colwyn Bay believes that they are more than worthy Champions of our division and were deserving of the respect that they were shown as such.
I for one am glad that everyone from Retford enjoyed their visit to Llanelian Road their behaviour towards us was exemplory and the only damage done to anything was caused by their coach driver which sort of equalled itself out as our coach driver hit their gate post.
So far this season we have had more positives than negatives which means we are heading in the right direction and I can only apologise to anyone that has had a bad experience at Llanelian Road.
Thanks Bearded Badger for taking the time and trouble for posting your thoughts on my club on this forum and may our paths cross again sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:08 pm 

stever wrote:
We have made great strides at the club to try an eradicate instances like this but it is impossible for us to police the streets after a match. As our friend from Shepshed will testify all of our Stewards are now NVQ2 qualified and along with Shepshed are the first at our level to be so. We are now better equipped to try and deal with this type of situation. Every club has kids or adults that are prepared to hurl abuse at away supporters and we have had our fair share of it this season as well. In fact coming from Wales we may even get more than our fair share of it.
Some people will take umbridge at even the smallest thing like being politely asked not to put a flag over an advertising board. I was given a right torrent of abuse from an adult fan from one club for daring to ask such a thing. As I explained or tried to anyway people pay a lot of money to put the boards there they dont want to see a flag from our club let alone another covering it.
We had a great time when we visited Retford and were treated really well. Everyone at Colwyn Bay believes that they are more than worthy Champions of our division and were deserving of the respect that they were shown as such.
I for one am glad that everyone from Retford enjoyed their visit to Llanelian Road their behaviour towards us was exemplory and the only damage done to anything was caused by their coach driver which sort of equalled itself out as our coach driver hit their gate post.
So far this season we have had more positives than negatives which means we are heading in the right direction and I can only apologise to anyone that has had a bad experience at Llanelian Road.
Thanks Bearded Badger for taking the time and trouble for posting your thoughts on my club on this forum and may our paths cross again sooner rather than later.

Its good to hear that your finally sorting things out Stever, as has been said the Colwyn bay fans that travelled to us this season were a great/friendly bunch, unfortunately it only takes a few idiots to tar a clubs image, as has happened with one idiot at grantham.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:10 pm 

Unfortunately, most clubs have one or two idiots who spoil it for us decent minded friendly folk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 pm 

Good to read Steve that matters now appear to be in hand. We at Shepshed are proud that our people have attained NVQ2 - as you say, CBFC and SDFC are the only two clubs at this level of football who can say this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 pm 

Taken off Shepshed's forum.
Glass houses and stones spring to mind! :roll:

Quote:
I do not think the Shepshed fans who abused people because they are from Liverpool or Wales covered themselves in any glory. If they had been abusing people from Pakistan, they would be facing charges. The swearing from Shepshed fans, when small children are around, is just unnecessary.
I was one of the Colwyn fans who was threatened and had abuse hurled at during our visit to Shepshed in Sept 2005. We had to move to the other side of the ground as it was very intimidating. A piece of history that certain people from Shepshed seem quick to forget, while opening old wounds.

As for Colwyn Bay's chav's era, this era has been well documented and is a time in our history that we are certainly not proud of, but this has been addressed and we are doing our best to put things right with a very professional approach including all stewards trained up to NVQ level. We know we can't undo the past, but Llanelian road is now a 'Chav Free Zone' where most, if not all traveling fans enjoy a good afternoons entertainment (Weather permiting! :? )

It does seem that whatever we do, this will never be good enough for a very small minority that are stuck in a time warp and just can't let go of the past. Unfortunate I suppose, but most people are bigger than this and have moved on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:25 pm 

markw wrote:
It does seem that whatever we do, this will never be good enough for a very small minority that are stuck in a time warp and just can't let go of the past. Unfortunate I suppose, but most people are bigger than this and have moved on.

Hi Mark, why weren't you at Shepshed on March 1st?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm 

Mod's yeah that's the one down that Alley inbetween the houses.

I can just see it now... Andy Mac jumps out of his car and roll's over the car bonnet brandishing a water pistol and a packet of winegums at them!

I visited Newcastle Town yesterday as i couldn't get me lift to Stocksbridge and i was met with volley's of abuse and had a Mars bar hurled at me by chavs, maybe it's me dress sense?... They soon shut up after a quick word.

Ohwell... Yeah i'll look forward to "The Bay Away" next season, hopefully stay the weekend and indulge meself in the curry and chips and their food hatch. Love it.

Do Bay and Dynamo not get on?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:44 pm 

Andy Mac wrote:
markw wrote:

Hi Mark, why weren't you at Shepshed on March 1st?
Our Youth league now play on a Saturday morning, previously Sunday. I manage Colwyn Bay's under 15's, so haven't made half as many of the higher milage trips I used to get to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:54 pm 

We also had a good welcome at Colwyn, from the regulars in the bar, to the lady selling the raffle tickets, to the home defence....... :D :D :D

Seriously though, it was a very friendly club with everyone 'congratulating' us on making such a long trip. There were a few 'chavs' dressed in Liverpool tops who decided to locate themselves next to us in the second half, but they were harmless enough and were drowned out by a black army in full voice.

That said, it did clash with a Wales 6 Nations game so maybe the 'chavs' were pre-occupied that particular afternoon?

we shout at the referee.
On matchdays you will hear us,
'cos we are the Black Army.
BLACK ARMY! BLACK ARMY!