It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Opening day
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:50 pm 

Disappointing 0-3 loss for the vikings today against GNE, nothing between the teams first half, the difference been slack marking from a set piece been punished with a headed goal, same story early in the 2nd poor marking leading to a scrambled 2nd and after that GNE got on top and threatened to run riot surprisingly only adding one more goal , in truth after the 2nd goal the game got away from the vikings and in the end they were probably happy to avoid a major thrashing.

Positives to be taken from the 1st half however as GNE will be around the play off places (at least) IMHO and up to the first goal they were no better than Goole, we do however need more of a threat up front and cut out the poor goals conceded.

Could have been different if the GNE number 4 had been sent off for an alleged headbutt at 0-0 in truth it was handbags but he was a very lucky boy to avoid a straight red IMHO and possibly a 2nd yellow for his actions around the tunnel area when exiting the pitch at HT

Nice to see Halford and Phillips (who I rate BTW as managers) haven't changed still constantly badgering the officials and trying to manipulate any situation, also still both at the back of the que when looks were handed out!!! Least there consistent and like I say 100% they will be promotion challengers this season

As for Goole think they need a couple more lads in and a bit more time together as a squad and we should be easily good enough to avoid the struggles of recent seasons, roll on tuesday

Also fair play to GNE support today fetched a decent following and 2 or 3 idiots apart (which you always get) were a great bunch

Post subject: Re: Opening day
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm 

Well a good "baptism" in the Evo Stik League. Should have been well ahead at the break but, 1-1. Second half got a winner. FC United a bit of a physical team, but they were matched. Even a pitch side rumpus resulting in the Shields centre forward and one of the FC United coaching staff sent off. It added a few minutes on the game. Still, first home game on Tuesday to look forward to, should be a good crowd (we averaged over 1200 last season). Nice to know we have some good strength in depth, and to welcome 4 of our top players back from holidays and injury.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:20 am 

Looking forward to seeing highlights when my internet decides to let video throughh. took 25 minutes to gtet this forum open today.

Erm we were playing Trafford actually.. FCUM was a few weeks ago.. wake up :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:11 am 

Sorry, your right, too many pre season friendlies, and new names to remember! At least I got the right part of the country. Age is a wonderful excuse. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:13 am 

It's all Manchester they all have the same attitude of wanting to argue or fight with you, Salford, Ashton, Trafford, makes no odds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 pm 

haha Trafford certainly showed that!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 pm 

Not too good a start for your team Dingbat. What's the problems? Your FA Cup game tomorrow is against a pretty solid hard working Newcastle Benfield. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:12 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:
Not too good a start for your team Dingbat. What's the problems? Your FA Cup game tomorrow is against a pretty solid hard working Newcastle Benfield. Good luck.

Last week came up against a solid side in GNE and up to the first goal IMHO their was nothing in it, conceded a poor first, an even sloppier 2nd the heads went down and in all honesty were then maybe lucky not to get a good old fashioned thrashing.

Didn't go Tuesday but the aforementioned thrashing finally arrived in no uncertain terms :D from what am told though poor defending cost the team 3 early goals and it got worse from there, in the teams defence it's early days and am sure a slow start was half expected with the summer changes, am sure karl, strats and dudge will sort out the defending and we will see a gradual improvement as the weeks pass. One massive positive this week the significant capture of Matty Bloor a real leader and midfield general who will play his part and make others around him better.

As for tomorrow am under no illusions that Newcastle will be a tough game it's often better to think of sides in the northern league as outside the pyramid standard wise it's certainly a better standard that the NCEL in my opinion, the assistant manager dudge will know all about them as he is originally from the north east, also am sure the management team will have not forgotten Marske utd rocking up at Frickley a few seasons ago in the cup and playing them off the park.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:26 pm 

Not heard much from the bat, bit quite, have you returned to frackers, your other teamVikings are going down faster Than the titanic , rudderless , abandon ship or jump ship.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:16 pm 

I'm surprised that there is not more interest from fans of teams in this league. The Northern League we were in last season has a pretty active forum, although pretty brutal at times. There was a lot of jealousy, but thats the price of success apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:06 pm 

Keep the faith sandman, the start has been horrendous not just losing games but been heavily beaten but it's only 4 games, for me watching as a bit of an outsider it seem there is a lack of confidence/belief running though the club as a whole which longer term needs to change as does the tag of perennial strugglers, some fans on social media are calling for change already (which is there right as fans to have an opinion) but IMHO all that does is hide the long term problems at the club what's needed is to give a manager time to build a squad capable of competing rather than just existing in the division, now I may be biased as karl is a mate of mine but knowing him, strats and dudge I am confident in time they will turn the ship around and give the fans a competitive team they can be proud of, they inherited a similar situation at Frickley in the league above (after the first spell at goole) and turned them from perennial relelation candidates to play off contenders until the squad was dismantled and they were forced to start again

Short term despite the optimism at the end of pre-season and the faith i personally had in the squad I think it's fair to say at least 5 or 6 lads are clearly not good enough, I also think IMHO that a few of the senior players are not producing the goods and are letting the club down and it's time to shape up or ship out for them am afraid, the passenger's need to be cut adrift. we have already seen 2 good arrivals in bloor and Wilcox and I expect more in the coming weeks, confidence is low and you can see that in how the games have panned out once we concede etc the heads drop and people go hiding we need a performance/result to change that and get the season up and running even a narrow defeat or a draw would give everyone a boost, the board also need to back the manager to bring in a decent keeper and a striker which would massively improve the prospects for the season. Am hearing positive things re recruitment and hopefully in the next few weeks karl will add some much needed quality and knowhow and the momentum will change, one thing is for sure the club won't find anyone as determined as karl, strats and dudge to change the fortunes of the club and I stand by that 100%

Let's hope we see an improvement on Saturday up the vikings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:18 pm 

Sandman wrote:
Not heard much from the bat, bit quite, have you returned to frackers, your other teamVikings are going down faster Than the titanic , rudderless , abandon ship or jump ship.

Am done with frickers sandman a club that has sold it soul only one man calling the shots there, and only one way it will end, some there will follow blindly and accept anything to see some wins but am a man of principle and I will stand by my beliefs, things happening there already that show the new regime doesn't give a dam about the average fan, league football sold it's soul to sky TV money a long time ago and am afraid the soul selling to big business with there own priorities is happening at non league level now and Its a crying shame, several clubs now just an extension of private academies and used to service the objectives of those and/or a play thing for men in mid life crisis to service there own ego's either way not for me a club should be there for one reason; the fans they are the people that make the club

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:58 pm 

Same here dingbat, I've finished with Goole, pardon the language, ( not been told to saunter off by an acting chairman on a forum, no need for bad language, other official said he was sad and sickened by it, hope Goole get relegated .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:59 pm 

Saunter should be a Word beginning wth f. And ending off.