It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:12 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Teams to watch out for
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:35 pm 

Looking forward to going up to Shields on Tuesday

Hopefully playing in front of a slightly bigger crowd than we are used to :wink: will help us raise our game. Things have improved slightly with four points from the last four games. Finally seem to have a decent goalkeeper despite the number of goals being conceded, I could only blame him for one in his seven games. Made some fine saves against Skem yesterday after we were down to ten men but should have sown the game up before half time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:25 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:
And a well done to Hyde United after their win in the Cup. Another team I'm looking forward to playing this season. See after yesterdays results (a lot of draws) we are still top of the League. Goole at home on Tuesday night. Hopefully the winds will have gone through by then, as wind, to my mind, is a destroyer of good football.

PS
Gets a bit "lonely" on this Forum doesn't it?

Not as lonely as Peterlee was but hey never mind.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 pm 

exile wrote:

Hopefully playing in front of a slightly bigger crowd than we are used to :wink: will help us raise our game. Things have improved slightly with four points from the last four games. Finally seem to have a decent goalkeeper despite the number of goals being conceded, I could only blame him for one in his seven games. Made some fine saves against Skem yesterday after we were down to ten men but should have sown the game up before half time.

I'm sure you will receive a warm welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:58 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
spiritof74 wrote:
And a well done to Hyde United after their win in the Cup. Another team I'm looking forward to playing this season. See after yesterdays results (a lot of draws) we are still top of the League. Goole at home on Tuesday night. Hopefully the winds will have gone through by then, as wind, to my mind, is a destroyer of good football.

PS
Gets a bit "lonely" on this Forum doesn't it?

Not as lonely as Peterlee was but hey never mind.

Forum is dead , not much point in coming on really, compared to NL forum which was essential login every day.

Heshootshe scores a pointless remark, what chip do you have on your shoulder. Do you really hate it so much to see a club overturn adversity and begin to do well?????? Do you snipe at Darlington as well, or Spenny????????? or dozens of others?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:15 am 

No chip at all. I give it back to people who dish it out. Simples.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:31 am 

exile wrote:

encouraging signs for the vikings in 3 out of the last 4 games, a deserved win v Taddy, was followed by 'normal service' the following saturday at Colwyn Bay however the last 2 games we matched a strong Scarborough side for most of the game playing the majority of it with 10 men with 2 later goals giving a flattering look to the scoreline, we followed that with another battling performance yesterday against 14 men, the referee was horrendous easily the worst i have seen in at least 5 years, took the lead 3 times in the game including going 3-2 with 10 men and showing some real bottle for a change against a side who to be fair never gave up and eventrully levelled for a 3rd and final time in the 89th min, the sending off (which was about the only thing the ref got right all day) changed the game as up to that point we were good value for the lead and would have gone on to win with 11 men IMHO, agree with excile tho Ben Saynor made some excellent saves during the game including a couple of important ones in injury time to preserve a poimt.

We will be hard pressed to get anything up at south sheilds Tues am just hoping we show some bottle and battle again and make them work hard for it, confidence seems to be improving and Karl seems to have got 2 or 3 better players in the squad now which is starting to make an impact, its been an horrendous start but hopefully in another 6 weeks or so things will look a lot better

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:16 am 

Most teams we have played seem to play the 4-5-1, park the bus system. It doesn't seem to have worked out much. Shields game seems to be based on a fast passing game. Believe it or not, in most League games this season, we don't seem to have hit top gear! A good crowd against Goole hopefully will produce a good game. Welcome back on Dingbat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:19 am 

spiritof74 wrote:
Most teams we have played seem to play the 4-5-1, park the bus system. It doesn't seem to have worked out much. Shields game seems to be based on a fast passing game. Believe it or not, in most League games this season, we don't seem to have hit top gear! A good crowd against Goole hopefully will produce a good game. Welcome back on Dingbat.

am quite certain that Goole will come and have a go, just checking the goals against colum shows that defending isnt a strong point at the moment!!! playing a better side seemed to help the performance against Scarborough last week and had we kept 11 men on the pitch no doubt the scoreline would have been a closer one, like any game of football the vikings have some kind of chance and am sure the players and management will travel in hope of a good result on Tues but for me personally i would take a positive performance to build confidence, as after this game the next 7 or 8 include some more 'winnable' fixtures and if the situation is going to turn around it will be during that run of games IMHO,

like a say improvements have been made and am sure Karl will be actively looking to add more quality in the coming weeks, its getting to the time of year where lads in the conf north or at the bigger evo stick sides who havent played much so far are starting to become available as they seek first team football (mainly due to the missus factor i.e the wife/GF moaning on saying why are you travelling to Bradford/Gainsborough etc every saturday/tuesday and not playing/getting paid etc) this is a market the Goole managment exploited to great effect whilst at Frickley and am sure they will be looking to do similar at Goole

speaking of Another team to watch out for Frickley seemed to be going ok but have lost there last 2 games including a shock 4-2 home defeat to Bedworth on Saturday, still 3rd but pressure building on a manager/chairman who has the largest budget in the league but was unable to field a recognised goalkeeper in one recent fixture (tbf they won and kept a clean sheet in that game) but the murmours of discontent are growing amongst some fans and more concerningly from within the club/dressing room too, could be intresting to see the outcome if they are not up there at xmas from what am hearing.

also good luck to the division one sides though in the FA cup including of course south shields hopefully at least one of them can get into the 1st round proper and help put the evo stick on the map

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:17 pm 

An interesting informed read as usual Dingbat. Not too much luck on Tuesday, but as you say a good came from both sides is the thing to look out for.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:23 pm 

Home to Hartlepool United next round. Already been them 3-0 earlier in the season on the way to winning the Durham Senior Cup. Some may say they didn't field a full strength team, but that's their problem. Bring em on. Funny, that will be the 3rd former league team we will have played this season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:34 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:
An interesting informed read as usual Dingbat. Not too much luck on Tuesday, but as you say a good came from both sides is the thing to look out for.

Surely you lot can do without the points tues and give them to a much needier cause!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:36 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:
Home to Hartlepool United next round. Already been them 3-0 earlier in the season on the way to winning the Durham Senior Cup. Some may say they didn't field a full strength team, but that's their problem. Bring em on. Funny, that will be the 3rd former league team we will have played this season.

Got to say I fancy you to beat the monkey hangers in that, tbf what a draw that is should be a cracking tie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:57 pm 

I remember in the 60's when we had a strong side, Hartlepool United were always reapplying for staying in the league.Lots of good non league teams applied to the league, but the "old boy network' of league chairmen always re-elected them. At least now there is a guaranteed way into league football. It"s a long journey of course, but the likes of Fleetwood Town, and others made it. A lot of teams that came down out the League have realised that the standard of football further down the Pyramid is decent, and haven't gone back up as they might have thought.
I just hope Hartlepool take up and sell their allocation of tickets, as York City apparently sent back 200. That was a pity as Shields could have probably sold them, but segregation, an alien word and a subject I detest, was enforced. I suppose it will be the same against Hartlepool. Ah well, Tadcaster Albion home game to reschedule, along with Skelmersdale United.
Oh, and while I wish your team well, no, we want all 3 points!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:38 pm 

Well that was a bit of a game Dingbat. The word is that Goole should not be in the lowly position they are, because that was a great defensive performance. Within a few minutes of a point and in fact your number 7 forced a great save late on. Heard it said that they are the hardest opposition we've had this season. From a Shields perspective we huffed, we puffed and had a hard job blowing things down. 3 points were more than appreciated, but well done Goole.
Onwards to Scarborough on Saturday.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm 

Excellent win in the trophy today, tho from the twitter feed it seems Boro were unlucky not to hit the target on one or two occasions. Roll on Farsley Celtic//

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next