It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Teams to watch out for
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 pm 

And a good reward for our success on Saturday. Holders of the FA Vase home to holders of the FA Trophy. Should be a memorable day. I'm convinced the defeat to Colwyn Bay has done us no harm. A good win in midweek away at Colne, and a trip to Ossett Town tomorrow. No let up in the excitement. I expect a record crowd (with a bit of luck) against York as I think they have a decent following. Exciting times.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 pm 

Shields were the better side by a country mile.

In regards to the facilities, it's all we can afford. It's cost us enough to get to where we are. We aren't attractive enough for a rich benefactor anymore, have to do this by ourselves. If we could afford it, we would have built it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 pm 

Shields fans slating Darlington over there facilities. Wasnt so long ago they didnt have a ground of there own. Unbelievable. Short memorys some folk. By the way to all you bandwagon jumpers i am on about peterlee. Just a couple of years previous to Wembley.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 pm 

The jealousy persists I see. Is not attracting more supporters to watch your team, what it's all about? The club is where it is today because it has served up a brand which people want. Nobody really wanted Peterlee. Move on man, we have. Oh, by the way, another victory at Ossett Town tonight. Onwards and upwards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 am 

Jealousy??? Why the arrogance from shields fans berating other clubs. These very same fans didnt know the club existed prior to the vase final. Fact.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am 

Didn't know what it was about till the Vase Final? Go back into the Archive area of the Northern League and look at South Shields attendances for the last couple of seasons. Now that is fact! I think you miss the point that any business, and football clubs are businesses, have to move forward or they stagnate or fold. I'm under no illusions that anything can happen in the future, but for now we are a successful team and people, by nature, enjoy success, so why shouldn't people, as you say, not jump on the bandwagon? Support has to start somewhere. I personally date back to 1955 at Simonside Hall. Never went after the debacle of 1974 moving to Gateshead. Took in a couple of games in the intervening years, so call me a "Johnny come lately" if you wish, but the hunger of waiting for a positive man like our present Chairman to come a long is awe inspiring. Don't forget, he took a gamble, which at present, is paying handsome dividends. A genuine guy who is 100% supported by the Supporters. I repeat, move on, we certainly have, and push whatever team you support to do likewise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:12 am 

Well aware of all that. Also well aware of shields selling previous grounds and the money vanishing into thin air. My point was and still is WHY the arrogance from the bandwagon jumpers berating and slating other clubs. Clubs that probably helped shields out when there wasnt a pot to pee in. Its uncalled for. I will let you explain to these folk about when there wasnt a pot to pee in. Oh hang on i forgot theres thousands supported the club through thick and thin. Did the sat navs not have eden lane on them. Or maybe just the thirty five.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:00 pm 

Keep beating the drum and you may just get a few people to believe you. Shields have moved on, and so should you and others who seem riddled with jealousy for what we are achieving. As for arrogance, take that up with the people you think are arrogant. I am a supporter of ALL non league football, but one team in particular. Can you claim the same? If you cannot acknowledge success, then perhaps better to hold your own council. Obviously you are spoiling for some sort of argument. Not with me, as I've made my points, and if you cannot see that, then it's best just left there. No more comments will be made to you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:04 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:
Keep beating the drum and you may just get a few people to believe you. Shields have moved on, and so should you and others who seem riddled with jealousy for what we are achieving. As for arrogance, take that up with the people you think are arrogant. I am a supporter of ALL non league football, but one team in particular. Can you claim the same? If you cannot acknowledge success, then perhaps better to hold your own council. Obviously you are spoiling for some sort of argument. Not with me, as I've made my points, and if you cannot see that, then it's best just left there. No more comments will be made to you.

Don't stop, I was enjoying it & just got the popcorn out :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:34 pm 

Truth touched a nerve i think.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:34 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:

Good for SS coming through the ranks and im pleased for them especially as they have a few ex Blyth players who are easily capable of playing conf north level, but don't forget SS have been bankrolled by a rich sugar daddy unlike Darlo who,s sugar daddy is their loyal supporters who,ve backed their club to the hilt moneywise/ begging bowls /share schemes etc etc and thousands of hours of their time has been given to pick them back up off the ground and to slate their ground when they are just starting to get it sorted is bang out of order imo especially when yous have been there and got the tee shirt but haven't had to do it the hard way like Darlo . :wink: :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:45 pm 

If I could understand what you are talking about, I would offer a reply, but as i don't, I won't bother.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:51 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:
If I could understand what you are talking about, I would offer a reply, but as i don't, I won't bother.

You don't want to understand you mean.In laymens terms it reads concentrate on your sugar daddy bankrolled club and leave the Darlo fans to sort their ground out their hard earned way . And we,ll all p155 ourselves laughing when the plug gets pulled and SS tumble down to the real world quicker than half a dozen Birmingham Rollers and we,ll wave as you pass .One thing the majority of nonleague fans hate is bank rolled big time Charlies giving it large but forget where they came from and in your case its a park field in Peterlee.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:44 pm 

the signalman wrote:
spiritof74 wrote:

You don't want to understand you mean.In laymens terms it reads concentrate on your sugar daddy bankrolled club and leave the Darlo fans to sort their ground out their hard earned way . And we,ll all p155 ourselves laughing when the plug gets pulled and SS tumble down to the real world quicker than half a dozen Birmingham Rollers and we,ll wave as you pass .One thing the majority of nonleague fans hate is bank rolled big time Charlies giving it large but forget where they came from and in your case its a park field in Peterlee.

Mmmmmmmm not just me then. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:34 pm 

the signalman wrote:
spiritof74 wrote:

Oh you mean George Reynolds. Quite a Sugar Daddy he was. As for forgetting where we came/come from, 93 or 94 years tomorrow we beat Manchester United 1-0. Up the Mariners. best non league team in the north east.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next