It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Teams to watch out for
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 pm 

Only seen Jordan play in NCEL, but very effective at that level for sure... I guess Handsworth must fancy a shot at promotion this year still.
Hard to predict this year how the FA will go with all the rejigging, but I imagine there's a chance even the bottom club in NPL D1 will survive (+could be decided via PPG so worth getting every point possible)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:45 pm 

boyspen wrote:
Only seen Jordan play in NCEL, but very effective at that level for sure... I guess Handsworth must fancy a shot at promotion this year still.
Hard to predict this year how the FA will go with all the rejigging, but I imagine there's a chance even the bottom club in NPL D1 will survive (+could be decided via PPG so worth getting every point possible)

Handsworth have a budget bigger than most in Evo stick North/South, team packed with evo stick experience, they will feel that this is the best chance they will ever get to win promotion, depending on how promotion/relegation is structured from next season onwards

great point about the PPG, not considered that, but could defo see a situation where its between the NPL North/south teams could even involve the other sides in Southern/london league as well, so like you say every point is massive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:48 pm 

Also just seen Ossett Albion have signed Tom Corner on loan from Taddy, so they are throwing a few quid at making sure they stay up, its defo in there hands with there games in hand over the other teams, for me its looking very much like a 2 way fight between Goole and Skem, Albion could be involved its all about making the extra games count for them, others are dropping like stones, Brighouse to name but one but they may have done enough, games mounting up too with recent postponements, next 6 weeks or so massive for all concerned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:32 am 

Dingbat wrote:
Handsworth have a budget bigger than most in Evo stick North/South, team packed with evo stick experience, they will feel that this is the best chance they will ever get to win promotion, depending on how promotion/relegation is structured from next season onwards

great point about the PPG, not considered that, but could defo see a situation where its between the NPL North/south teams could even involve the other sides in Southern/london league as well, so like you say every point is massive

I believe the normal FA ruling is that last placed teams can't get reprieved. However with the Ossett merger and Thurrock situation, it already looks like all 2nd placed step 5 clubs will go up... so if another team withdraws at step 4 or above, with this being a weird season I would think there was a chance of bottom clubs being reprieved rather than looking at 3rd placed ones, but who knows? There's a recent FA press release which suggests some form of play off from next season, between best PPG step 5 2nd placed club and worst step 4 club.
Back to Goole, I hope they can stay up (although the NCEL is a good league to play in), unusually for a bottom club the defeats seem mainly to be just by the odd goal rather than bigger scores, but need to turn things around before they run out of games!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 pm 

2 tough away games last times out for Goole, first travelled to Prescott and lost 2-1 despite taking the lead and been on top for large parts of the game but was a really decent performance against a side in the top 4

Saturday at Glossop should never have been played pitch was ankle deep in mud and had standing water in several places, a patched up side with 8 players ruled out for various reasons lost 3-1 in a strange game really, first half GNE should have been at least 5 or 6 up but poor finishing and some world class saves from Ben saynor meant it was only 1 nil at HT. 2nd half goole equalised and we're pushing for a winner when the ref gave a penalty that even the home fans couldn't believe, a stunning long ranger made it 3-1 and goole were beaten,

Made worse by results in midweek skem pulling off a shock win from 2 nil down away at kendal and ossett beating high flying hyde meaning the gap is 7pts to skem with only 9 games left, and 4 to ossett who have games in hand, a win is badly needed Saturday the problem all season has been getting a quality XI out week in week out everytime it happens they get a few results if they can get the full team out last 9 games they still have a chance but if they don't like on Saturday it's buy buy am afraid, one thing is for sure they will fight to the end to survive

Lost Tyler Williams (again) this week to Shaw lane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:24 pm 

+Brighouse in freefall at the moment, just 1 point in last 6 games, look catchable if Goole could manage a couple of wins!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:36 pm 

boyspen wrote:
+Brighouse in freefall at the moment, just 1 point in last 6 games, look catchable if Goole could manage a couple of wins!

Well the win for Brighouse & Goole’s defeat. Has just about ruled out a miracle escape.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
boyspen wrote:

Well the win for Brighouse & Goole’s defeat. Has just about ruled out a miracle escape.

It's certainly simplified things for Goole... wins needed in all games realistically now.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:20 am 

marinersteve wrote:
Mariners of course :lol: . Scarboro not sure beyond that mebbe Skem and Hyde

2 out of 3 not bad. Skem escape relegation by skin of teeth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:11 pm 

Who will win the league, Morpeth or Marske?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:19 pm 

handifan2 wrote:
Who will win the league, Morpeth or Marske?

You can add Frickley & Ossett into the mix. But as it looks right now, Morpeth looks like the team to beat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9