It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Northwich Vics'
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:42 am 

http://www.northwichvics.co.uk/index.ph ... ubs-future

I recall that Vics' have had a few problems in the past, hope everything is okay. "Crucial meeting" sounds quite urgent or am I reading it all wrong.

Post subject: Re: Northwich Vics'
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:31 pm 

As previously mentioned the chairman who was spending loads of money that they did not appear to have on players and managed to give their old ground away was sent to prison in the summer for drug dealing, not petty stuff but big volumes.

He was I think an accountant, or was it a solicitor, so will no longer be able to practice when he is released from prison.

This club is a basket case, it has been for a lot of years, it is hated by all true Northwich Vic's supporters after the farce with the loss of the ground hence the formation of the break away club.

Hopefully this meeting signals the end of Northwich Victoria, I wish the break away club success and let's see them move up the League.

A super club which was destroyed by a moronic crook. Hopefully he is being shafted, literally, whilst in prison. Drug dealers deserve no better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:45 pm 

Northwich 1874 are doing well in the NWCL this season and I, for one, would think it poetic justice if they were to replace 'Victoria' in the Evostik Division 1 next year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 am 

No thank you. It should be Runcorn Linnets who get promoted via the one and only place in the NWCPL. Having finished 2nd in the last three seasons and having 15 players, manager, assistant manager etc leaving pre-season, the new management team have performed miracles and Runcorn Linnets are only 5 points behind 1874. It will probably go all he way as it did to the last game last season when 1874 unfortunately couldn't stop Colne winning the last game and the league.

I also have the double pleasure this season of working out which Runcorn Linnets or Buxton game I should watch (depending on potential entertainment and where the game is). I was going to say that the entertainment is with the NWCPL games but then you get the Buxton 4-4 game at Frickley that I didn't go to. But I've also seen the dire games at Witton and Warrington.

Should be interesting on both fronts all season.

Still adding anyone's footage of Buxton FC including Nibblers to Buxton FC YouTube. Also support the entertaining Runcorn Linnets having moved to Frodsham, Cheshire & try to fit Buxton games in when I can.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:47 am 

PaulC wrote:
No thank you. It should be Runcorn Linnets who get promoted via the one and only place in the NWCPL. Having finished 2nd in the last three seasons and having 15 players, manager, assistant manager etc leaving pre-season, the new management team have performed miracles and Runcorn Linnets are only 5 points behind 1874. It will probably go all he way as it did to the last game last season when 1874 unfortunately couldn't stop Colne winning the last game and the league.

I also have the double pleasure this season of working out which Runcorn Linnets or Buxton game I should watch (depending on potential entertainment and where the game is). I was going to say that the entertainment is with the NWCPL games but then you get the Buxton 4-4 game at Frickley that I didn't go to. But I've also seen the dire games at Witton and Warrington.

Should be interesting on both fronts all season.

Be interesting this , many 1874 will be hoping final nail in coffin , but how did they get there football license in the 1st place for this season I ask after the Ilko affair ? as with watching games paulc , u missed a cracker at wezzy lane as did jhmp , hope ur school lurgy goes away :lol: I shall intake games from both feeder leagues , Liversedge are doing well and Cleethorpes , but Parramore my favs not doing it , looking at nwcl about 5 or 6 can win it but I put me neck out between 1874 & Linnets :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:19 pm 

Gone in to administration at last. Happy days.

Good luck to the phoenix club.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:28 pm 

Deducted 10 points today, not looking good for them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:39 pm 

ceramic city red wrote:
Deducted 10 points today, not looking good for them.

I'm interested to know whether they have secured a ground for next season? They're being evicted by Witton Albion. With no money & no one coming forward to secure there future. I'm sure they could be demoted, if they somehow escape the bottom two places. Haven't they got to show the NPL that they've got a groundshare before the 31st March? That groundshare has to satisfy the grading & have a secure tenure for next season. The FA have tightened rules up after the Hereford Utd debacle & they wouldn't allow a basket case to continue in the league if there's a chance they could fold sometime next season. I can't even see them being in the NWCL next season, I think the end is nigh & that's a shame for a club with there history. Most of the fans made there mind up a few years back when they started the fans run pheonix club that currently plays in the NWCL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:15 pm 

Have read somewhere that the NPL has the power to relegate Vics if creditors aren't paid by the AGM. So if they finish in the bottom two could they be bounced down two leagues? I reckon the NPL don't have the power to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:56 pm 

CharlesRhodeAtlas wrote:
Have read somewhere that the NPL has the power to relegate Vics if creditors aren't paid by the AGM. So if they finish in the bottom two could they be bounced down two leagues? I reckon the NPL don't have the power to do that.

They've got no ground after Witton evicted them & as far as I'm aware they haven't got one stirred for next season. A reporter in the area told me that he thinks they'll fold in the summer & I agree with him. After tonight's result I can't see them escaping the bottom two, so the threat of demotion isn't likely to happen because they'll have been relegated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:38 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
CharlesRhodeAtlas wrote:

They've got no ground after Witton evicted them & as far as I'm aware they haven't got one stirred for next season. A reporter in the area told me that he thinks they'll fold in the summer & I agree with him. After tonight's result I can't see them escaping the bottom two, so the threat of demotion isn't likely to happen because they'll have been relegated.

There is a strong rumour on the NPL Facebook page that they have a groundshare agreed with Barnton FC for next season. Counter rumour though is that it is only until January which doesn't make much sense. Either way they seem to be in a bit of a mess as a club unless there is some money coming their way quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:00 pm 

Quote:
There is a strong rumour on the NPL Facebook page that they have a groundshare agreed with Barnton FC for next season. Counter rumour though is that it is only until January which doesn't make much sense. Either way they seem to be in a bit of a mess as a club unless there is some money coming their way quickly.

The problem is that Barnton has only just passed the ground grading for level F. This allows teams to play at step 5. So Vics have one plan in place & that would mean playing in the NWCL, no team will touch them in the NPL.
http://nonleaguedaily.com/latest-transf ... ction.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:22 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
CharlesRhodeAtlas wrote:

The problem is that Barnton has only just passed the ground grading for level F. This allows teams to play at step 5. So Vics have one plan in place & that would mean playing in the NWCL, no team will touch them in the NPL.
http://nonleaguedaily.com/latest-transf ... ction.html

Ex-Evostik official suggests that since that news was announced Barnton have added more seating and so the ground could now be considered E or even a D. No idea if this right or even possible or just Facebook chat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:50 am 

Quote:
Ex-Evostik official suggests that since that news was announced Barnton have added more seating and so the ground could now be considered E or even a D. No idea if this right or even possible or just Facebook chat.

I'm sure Barnton would've announced something, but you never know. I did read on the Facebook page that this is to keep them in the NPL. Let's be honest if Rugby beats Loughborough Dynamo tomorrow. Then all this could be irrelevant. No one has come forward to financially secure the clubs future. So I think a lot of there fans are delusional. I know it's probably too late for this to happen. But a merger with the fans created club & playing in the NWCL would be the best outcome. Ousting all the problem people that caused those fans to leave in the first place.