It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: League predictons 16/17
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:27 pm 

So, with the league starting next weekend, I was wonder what people's predictions were for the top 5 abs bottom 2??

Post subject: Re: League predictons 16/17
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:33 pm 

I can see Glossop winning the league personally but there's loads of teams who could make the playoffs. My picks however are Tadcaster, Hyde, Burscough and Farsley. Although I reckon Colne, Colwyn Bay, Rammy and maybe even Goole could be up there too

For me though, I can see Prescot and Droylsden in the bottom two

Follow me on Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/Cuzza_LG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:09 pm 

I would say

Glossop
Hyde
Farsley
Tadcaster
Colwyn Bay

I do think it will be out of Hyde and Glossop for the league with the rest following, Tadcaster looked well organised when we played them at the weekend and will do well.

I havnt put Bamber Bridge in there but I can see them being involved if they get off to a good start, Lancaster have lost a couple of players, Scarborough have a lot of new players, Colne the other promoted side lost their top goalscorer but I rate the north east counties a lot stronger division than the west side but their home form could give them a good season aswell, Burscough have lost last seasons management team and a few players so cant see them doing aswell, very wide open league beyond Glossop and Hyde I feel

Conference North

Mind that Gap Bishop ^^^^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:09 pm 

I think it is going to be a really competitive year. As much as I would like to see Glossop in contention, I very much doubt it. We have lost too many players from last seasons starting XI and the side will need time to gel. I would take a play off spot now.

Hyde are strong favourites for me and I expect to see Colwyn Bay and possibly Trafford up there. Colne could be dark horses.

GNE travel to Colne on Saturday to start the season and it should be a lot easier to make a prediction after that!

Hyde Utd
Colwyn Bay
Trafford
Colne
Glossop NE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:10 pm 

Colwyn Bay in the North - have I missed something?

Surely you can't have Shaw Lane, Northwich and Witton in the South and Colwyn Bay in the North.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:29 pm 

I reckon your team spenny shed looking good,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:01 pm 

Shed7 wrote:
Colwyn Bay in the North - have I missed something?

Surely you can't have Shaw Lane, Northwich and Witton in the South and Colwyn Bay in the North.

Pure farce r.e. League allocations. East/west splits better i reckon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:56 am 

A few years ago they had the more northern Worcester city in conference south and the more southern Gloucester city in conference north.can't remember if it was st Albans or bishop Stortford but 1 of them was in the northern section despite being on the m25.pyramid is an utter shambles,but always going to happen when you have 2 southern feeders compared to one northern.totally lop sided promoting 4 southern teams to 2 northern into 2 divisions

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:56 am 

A few years ago they had the more northern Worcester city in conference south and the more southern Gloucester city in conference north.can't remember if it was st Albans or bishop Stortford but 1 of them was in the northern section despite being on the m25.pyramid is an utter shambles,but always going to happen when you have 2 southern feeders compared to one northern.totally lop sided promoting 4 southern teams to 2 northern into 2 divisions

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:53 pm 

mut2011 wrote:

Was bishops Strotford in conference north. I blame they pyramid been lopsided on the northern league. If the old farts years ago became a feeder to the conference you would have had northern premier and northern league feeding into conference north and Ryan and southern league feeding I to conference south, think how travelling would have been reduced. Of course I reckon the northern league refused to join pyramid just after conference was formed due to travelling but by doing so they have made the league's geography Into the farce it is today