It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Teams to watch out for
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:24 am 

spiritof74 wrote:
Darlington away 2nd round. That should be a good test of our credentials. By the time we play them, we will be unbeaten away in over a year, provided we beat Colwyn Bay this Saturday. Cracking draw and not too far to travel. Should be a good crowd as they are pulling in between 1500-2000 so it should be a good day out.

Surprised this one hasn't been selected by BBC for their online stream, wouldn't have minded watching. Should be a good game with a bit of niggle, hopefully just on the pitch!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:28 am 

Only 600 away tickets supplied. Segregation, and no bar facilities in the ground for AWAY supporters. On top of that £14 to get in. Oh and away supporters held in the ground for up to 15 minutes after the match. A great welcome indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:17 am 

Used to enjoy following Darlo at Feethams when we lived nearby but I wouldn't want to visit Blackwell (a ground I know very well) if that is the attitude they have for visitors.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

spiritof74 wrote:
Only 600 away tickets supplied. Segregation, and no bar facilities in the ground for AWAY supporters. On top of that £14 to get in. Oh and away supporters held in the ground for up to 15 minutes after the match.

Except for the entry price I'd bet all of the restrictions are on Police advice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 pm 

I'd love to know how Darlington justify all that. They certainly know how to make friends and influence people. Do they have crowd trouble off there own supporters?
Well anyway, a 4:2 drubbing at Colwyn Bay today ends all the records. Well played Colwyn Bay. Records all fall one day, and in a strange sort of way I'm glad it's over as now we can just get on without the "millstone" round our neck.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:00 pm 

Jesus. :roll:

£14 is our standard admission price. Not sure why a cup match automatically means a reduction.

The bar is shut to home fans as well, as the Rugby club, who own the facility, have it booked for an event.

We do have an idiot minority, who may well turn up due to your numbers. Therefore, keeping you in for 15 minutes seems perfectly reasonable. Or would you prefer to take a chance?

I'm sorry we are not greeting you individually at the gate, giving you a fiver for coming, and providing you with waitress service. Unfortunately, we do not have your sugar daddy to make that possible. I still hope you enjoy your day, and your inevitable progress to the next round.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:18 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:
Only 600 away tickets supplied. Segregation, and no bar facilities in the ground for AWAY supporters. On top of that £14 to get in. Oh and away supporters held in the ground for up to 15 minutes after the match. A great welcome indeed.

mate 1st rule on here, dont say anything about Darlington 1887, as within 5 mins you will have 5 of them jumping on you,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:41 pm 

Not biting at the pathetic reply. He is obviously happy with the situation. At £14 entry they obviously don't need a sugar daddy. I just want to watch a good football match without a load of idiots justifying their existence. They must really think they are something special. Hey ho.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 pm 

Lets see what you charge when you reach NLN then. We are not the dearest. Players at this level do not come cheap especially when the fans are essentially paying for them. Did you not experience, like we did in the Northern League, clubs putting up their prices for your visit? Thats when you should get annoyed.

We are currently trying to raise funds to improve our ground. This match offers funds we will not have budgeted for. By reducing prices, we then have to ask our fans, who have already stumped up many thousands of pounds over the last few years, to make up the shortfall. Doesn't make sense. I also explained quite reasonably i thought, the reasons behind the bar not being available, and you being kept back. I apologise for the sarcastic bit of the post. I just get a little fed up of us being painted as villains on this board when we really are not. We are a bunch of fans putting our money where our mouth is to sustain the club we love.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:24 pm 

Unfortunately a statement by Darlington FC has been put out today. The surprising thing to me, is that in the numerous replies it seems to be Darlington fans that are quite upset with a few of them saying they have put up with too much from their club. It's sad when genuine sounding fans get to that stage. I'm not saying those feelings couldn't happen at South Shields in the future, but I can honestly say I've never seen it here.
We used to get a lot of stick (comments) in the Northern League Forum, but I just put it down to jealousy. I just want a good day out, with a good game of football, hopefully us winning, but no problems if we lose. It's good to meet other teams supporters and enjoy a drink and chat with them. Funny thing is that Witton Albion did segregation in the last round. Now that's something pretty alien to South Shields. I believe in integration, not segregation.
To your good self, I wish you and your team the best of luck in the future, and hope it's a good game on Saturday. I don't jump on the bandwagon against ANY team. I just hope it's a draw and South Shields can then show you a good welcome in the replay!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:18 pm 

I would settle for a draw, a share of a decent gate at yours, where we win and progress to the next round. In truth, i expect a draw, a share of a decent gate at yours, and a defeat. We are in very poor form, and don't do cups very well at the best of times.

Look forward to you joining us in a couple of seasons time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 pm 

spiritof74 wrote:
Unfortunately a statement by Darlington FC has been put out today.

The statement says: Darlington Rugby Club have now been in touch to say that their function with Darlington Building Society on Saturday has now been cancelled, and the downstairs bars at Blackell Meadows will now be open as usual for the Darlington v South Shields FA Cup tie, our first FA Cup tie in the town for six years. The bars will be open for home fans only.

Doesn't bother me as I can't get there and don;t drink at games anyway but does seems very unwelcoming. Not a dig at the fans at all, but are there any other clubs which don't allow visitors into the clubhouse??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 pm 

marinersteve wrote:
spiritof74 wrote:
Unfortunately a statement by Darlington FC has been put out today.

The statement says: Darlington Rugby Club have now been in touch to say that their function with Darlington Building Society on Saturday has now been cancelled, and the downstairs bars at Blackell Meadows will now be open as usual for the Darlington v South Shields FA Cup tie, our first FA Cup tie in the town for six years. The bars will be open for home fans only.

Doesn't bother me as I can't get there and don;t drink at games anyway but does seems very unwelcoming. Not a dig at the fans at all, but are there any other clubs which don't allow visitors into the clubhouse??

It's disappointing, but I suppose if we've been told to segregate, it would defeat the object if we let away fans into the bar. Probably OTT for me, but if we didn't and something kicked off, imagine the flak we'd get for not anticipating it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 am 

Accept that. Solution: cut the bar in half with a removable partition wall and have a door at each end one in the home area and the other in the away. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:47 pm 

Well done South Shields. Taught us a lesson today. Good luck in the next round.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next