It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: We lost to Wakefield
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm 

grassroots wrote:
Wakefield were the better team for most of this game and missed chances aswell as Lancaster. The Lancaster fans spent more time slagging off their team and chanting for their ex manager, then 10 fans were seen to be shouting at their Chairman after the game well under the influence of drink.

Load of b*llocks post of the year award goes to...

None of the above is true, to put it simply! You could write for the Sun with lies like that :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:43 pm 

Plenty of witnesses saw it all

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 pm 

Forester wrote:
Phil WFC wrote:
The subject of this post suggests you have lost to a team from two leagues below, not a team that is two places below you in the league.

I wasn't at the game yesterday (neither was anyone else looking the attendance) so can't comment on the game itself but I heard we were the better side in the first half and then took a chance at the end of the game. Let's be honest, it is hardly a high quality league and there are many sides who have thrown money at a team (Lancaster included) over the last few years and achieved nothing.

Wakefield will be towards the bottom of the league at the end of the season so a win and a £2350 cheque from the FA for winning in the FA Trophy is a big bonus bearing in mind we have no playing budget.

Roll on Burscough away in the next round.

Where does one park at your latest ground?

Somewhere near Wakefield

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 pm 

grassroots wrote:
Plenty of witnesses saw it all

"Sources say some fans..."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:44 pm 

Forester wrote:
Phil WFC wrote:
The subject of this post suggests you have lost to a team from two leagues below, not a team that is two places below you in the league.

I wasn't at the game yesterday (neither was anyone else looking the attendance) so can't comment on the game itself but I heard we were the better side in the first half and then took a chance at the end of the game. Let's be honest, it is hardly a high quality league and there are many sides who have thrown money at a team (Lancaster included) over the last few years and achieved nothing.

Wakefield will be towards the bottom of the league at the end of the season so a win and a £2350 cheque from the FA for winning in the FA Trophy is a big bonus bearing in mind we have no playing budget.

Car park behind Superbowl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:50 pm 

grassroots wrote:
Forester wrote:
Phil WFC wrote:

Car park behind Superbowl

? Where's the superbowl being held this year....give us a clue :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:48 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
Forester wrote:

Somewhere near Wakefield

Ho, ho, ho. What a card. :roll: :roll:

Actually, I tried your suggestion last season for the cup game against Thackley. I plugged the details from their website into my satnav and off I went.

FAIL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:19 am 

Forester wrote:

A638 out of Wakefield City Centre towards Doncaster. Drive past the ground and turn right into Superbowl and Oasis car park.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 am 

Phil WFC wrote:
Forester wrote:

A638 out of Wakefield City Centre towards Doncaster. Drive past the ground and turn right into Superbowl and Oasis car park.

Thanks Phil and Grassroots.

This was what I had guessed having looked at Google Earth, but the Trinity website doesn't suggest that this is a possibility. It tends to suggest that the only options are town centre car parks or limited street parking. I had wondered if the Superbowl car park was out of bounds on match days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:07 pm 

The superbowl is closed for refurbisdment so there is plenty parking there or even the fenced of area closer to the turnstyle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:57 am 

£3.50 for a hot dog? :shock:

I opted for a steak pie and chips at the same price.

I had to break the pie open and eat the meat out of it. The rest was inedible.

The guy I went with had to return two pints of flat Carling before accepting a bottle of the same stuff.

I guess this had more to do with the rugby club than Wakefield FC though.

A good result for us but when you score five goals away from home against a team with no points and no league goals, you should really be feeling comfortable with only ten minutes left.

No such luck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:30 am 

I thought you always looked comfortable, with a good passing game and keeping possession well, with us relying on the break and a slice, literally, of luck!

I think its fair to say we are a very young side and still learning how to handle themselves in the Evo-stik league but the performances at the games I have been to, Trafford aside, have been encouraging.

3.50 for a hotdog/pie?
I hope they are Wildcat prices!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 am 

Alverthorponian wrote:
I thought you always looked comfortable, with a good passing game and keeping possession well, with us relying on the break and a slice, literally, of luck!

I think its fair to say we are a very young side and still learning how to handle themselves in the Evo-stik league but the performances at the games I have been to, Trafford aside, have been encouraging.

3.50 for a hotdog/pie?
I hope they are Wildcat prices!

We can do the passing game quite well when on song. Having said that, I've seen a couple of games this season where we have been unable to string more than a couple of passes together.

Our defence is worrying for some of us. We have conceded eleven goals in four games (only four teams have conceded more). Admittedly, six of them came in one home game against Warrington. On the bright side, last night's game was the last in a five match ban for our normal centre half so things may get a little better from here on in. We are thin on the ground though.

I would point out that our centre half is not a dirty player. The first three games of his ban were for violent conduct in our first game of the season at Harrogate Town when he was lashed out at by their keeper and allegedly retaliated. I didn't see the retaliation and nor did any of our supporters or the referee. The linesman drew the referee's attention to it and he was fifty yards further away than me. The next two were for gobbing off to the ref in the FA Cup match against Mickleover after already having received a yellow card.

Wakefield looked a lot better than I expected and certainly created chances. Having said that, I would expect them to be at or near the bottom for most of the season, I was talking to the father of one of the Wakefield players (no idea which one) after the game and he told me that the players had been told by the manager that he expected them to be in the bottom three at Christmas but that he wasn't worried by that.

As for Wildcat prices, they certainly seemed to be that. Those were the prices on the night. If I had had gravy with my inedible pie and chips, the extra eighty pence would have bumped the price up to £4.30. A paper cup of coffee was two pounds.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 am 

The bar & food are run by Wildcats and Wakefield FC take no monies from this.

Wakefield were not expecting any wins till after Xmas due to having £0 budget and having to chase round for young talent which will need time to nurture, gel and gain experience at this level of football, they have also set up an U21 squad to help build the clubs structure, so it is very much a long term project.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 am 

LancastrianLad wrote:
At home. A team who hadn't even scored a goal this season as well. Aren't we good :lol:

Remember when Lancaster City and Garforth Town were fighting out for a playoff spot? I'm sure it was only a few months ago...

Again?

You're becoming Wakefield's bitches.