It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Happy for New Mills!!
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:33 pm 

None taken :lol:

Having coached and trained on several of these across Derbyshire and Cheshire, what strikes you, as well as the surface is the adaptability. As I stated, you could have 3 junior teams on at £20 an hour (always a problem getting slots) or the whole pitch for £50. On the subject of surfaces, I went to a Level 3 in service session at Oakwood. When I got there it was coming down like stair rods. I thought the water would never shift (it would still be on the NM astro a week later) 20 minutes after it was gone. So the only time you would have cancellations is when it snowed. I can't remember how many times we called sessions off because of frost at NM. You don't get that problem with 3G so your income stream is more consistent. If you remember, TH had his budget cut because the club lost a lot of revenue from the astro and subsequently spat his dummy out.

I like to think I have a bit of experience when it comes to fundraising issues, coaching facilities etc. However, I might be talking complete cobblers, you decide :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:25 pm 

cheery wrote:
None taken :lol:

Having coached and trained on several of these across Derbyshire and Cheshire, what strikes you, as well as the surface is the adaptability. As I stated, you could have 3 junior teams on at £20 an hour (always a problem getting slots) or the whole pitch for £50. On the subject of surfaces, I went to a Level 3 in service session at Oakwood. When I got there it was coming down like stair rods. I thought the water would never shift (it would still be on the NM astro a week later) 20 minutes after it was gone. So the only time you would have cancellations is when it snowed. I can't remember how many times we called sessions off because of frost at NM. You don't get that problem with 3G so your income stream is more consistent. If you remember, TH had his budget cut because the club lost a lot of revenue from the astro and subsequently spat his dummy out.

I like to think I have a bit of experience when it comes to fundraising issues, coaching facilities etc. However, I might be talking complete cobblers, you decide :wink:

I'm more than happy to bow to your experience/expertise regarding the standard of pitches, coaching and fundraising. I have none.

The only thing I can claim to know a little about is the requirements of the ground grading documents and some of the rules in the FA Handbook, both of which I have been downloading and reading each year since 2008.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:56 pm 

Confirmed we are in the North

:D

Source?(For Amber) :lol:

Secretary twitter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:27 pm 

Twitter reckons we could be North.

Last edited by The Amber Army on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 pm 

congradulations the north is where you belong, but i wouldnt count my chickens yet,

jim rushe and the vics could still throw a spanner into the works, with their appeal? i think :( .
i hope that i am wrong tho.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:09 pm 

What's the Northwich appeal regarding?

I thought they were expelled from the league but appealed and were only demoted to the first division.

So are they appealing the appeal, appealing being in the South or appealing the fact they now want to change the ground share arrangement from Stafford to Flixton?

Also what potential impact can the appeals of Darlington and Northwich have on the NPL now the constitution has been ratified at the AGM?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 pm 

shirley wrote:
congradulations the north is where you belong, but i wouldnt count my chickens yet,

jim rushe and the vics could still throw a spanner into the works, with their appeal? i think :( .
i hope that i am wrong tho.

We are not counting your chickens :wink:

We are now constitutionalised and Northwich are South of New Mills anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 pm 

80% of teams in the north are south of goole but they have been in the south since the first division went north/south!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:36 pm 

they wont be south of new mills if they ground share at flixtons ground.
i think that is rushes way of thinking.
good luck for next season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 pm 

He sounds like a right Nooooooooob !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 pm 

That would put us as the most southern team in North :(

Think I will start counting your chickens

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:13 pm 

No hope here either:

FA Rules:

5.5 Only internal changes to the constitution of a League are allowed following the holding of a
League’s Annual General Meeting.(Northwich issue is internal)

5.6 Clubs are not allowed to enter into a ground share agreement in order to gain promotion or
to be saved from relegation.(no mention of groundsharing to move to North)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:15 pm 

My opinion only here.

I think once ratified by the league agm, the only alterations can be additions to each league or by resignations, meaning all clubs have now been allocated a position in relevant leagues.

Northwich appeal if succesful would mean they remain south but could play at flixton, (successful appeal highly unlikely due to grading issues and timescale/ league rules).

Darlington appeal if succesful would mean a league would run with an additional team, (succesful appeal highly unlikely due to original decision and change of ground share to aid appeal/timescale/league rules).

What does everyone else think?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:58 pm 

jpurkiss wrote:
My opinion only here.

I think once ratified by the league agm, the only alterations can be additions to each league or by resignations, meaning all clubs have now been allocated a position in relevant leagues.

Northwich appeal if succesful would mean they remain south but could play at flixton, (successful appeal highly unlikely due to grading issues and timescale/ league rules).

Darlington appeal if succesful would mean a league would run with an additional team, (succesful appeal highly unlikely due to original decision and change of ground share to aid appeal/timescale/league rules).

What does everyone else think?

Handsworth were ejected from the NCEL at the end of last season on ground grading issues despite winning the Division 1 title. They had agreed to rent the Don Valley Stadium (which, of course, used to host Rotherham United) but this was pretty much at the end of the season and was to avoid relegation to a lower level.

One has to assume that the Northwich and Darlington situations would be treated in the same manner.