Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Next four league games
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Wed, 12/10/2011 - Away Vs. Stokesley Sports Club
Sat, 15/10/2011 - Home Vs. Marske United
Sat, 29/10/2011 - Home Vs. Dunston UTS
Sat, 05/11/2011 - Away Vs. Penrith

Results yesterday meant we've slipped down to third bottom. We've been unlucky in a few games this season, but it now means three out of the next four league games are crucial. Dunston are flying high at the moment and will be there or there abouts come the end of the season, so I think most of us would be happy with a point.

Wednesday against Stokesley is a must win game. Although they've been conceding heavily, they're still no mugs and have still been scoring themselves. Danger man is Nathan Porritt, but the biggest problem we could have is if we think we only need to turn up to win.

Penrith and Marske are lying 17th and 18th in the table respectively. These are the 6 pointers, and teams that we can't afford to lose to. Both have gotton off to a shaky start like ourselves, but have picked up points recently, with Penrith picking all ten of their points up in their last league 6 games.

With the right frame of mind, 100% effort and a little bit of luck, we'll be able to pick up some much needed points to take us away from the danger zone, and give us a little bit of breathing space. Good luck to Carl, Micky, Ian and the lads, we're all behind you!

Post subject: Re: Next four league games
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:54 am 

The lads have spoke long and hard about the Stokesley game, as we do every one and no one is in the frame of mind where we think we have to just turn up to win. No one has a right to do this in the NL.

Agree the next 4 league games are massive, as well as some important cup games squeezed in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 pm 

Agree with you both on this one! I think neils post is linked to what happened at ryton last season when maybe town just thought they had to turn up. in the short term, weds game is a must win. once we get that out of the way then the focus goes onto marske. agree with cd, the cups are massive games too!

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 am 
Site Admin

cd wrote:
The lads have spoke long and hard about the Stokesley game, as we do every one and no one is in the frame of mind where we think we have to just turn up to win. No one has a right to do this in the NL.

Agree the next 4 league games are massive, as well as some important cup games squeezed in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone has a bad attitude, it's just it's so easy for a team to turn up and underestimate the other side. We've all seen it happen before so many time to even the best of teams, I just hope it's not our turn! :D