It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: BILLINGHAM TOWN v ALNWICK TOWN PREVIEW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:28 pm 

BILLINGHAM TOWN v ALNWICK TOWN PREVIEW

The Easter holidays have begun and although we probably all enjoyed Good Friday, a win on Saturday would be even more of a reason to celebrate (sorry Jesus, Venerable Bede invented Easter...Oestre/Ostara/Austra is a pagan festival of frivolities!). So, Theology/Etymology out of the way, we focus on Alnwick Town before another triple trek on the road (AFC Blyth at Ashington, Willington, and Crook Town). Like Darlington R.A, who won here in our previous home game, Alnwick are in a relegation battle as they attempt to avoid the drop into the Northern Alliance League. Town have not fared so well recently against the leagues struggling sides - defeats to West Allotment Celtic and R.A were followed by a disappointing draw at Brandon United. At this stage of the season, with little chance of qualifying for next season’s FA Cup, Town are merely playing for points and that old cliche - pride! Town certainly showed improved form at Chester-Le-Street on Tuesday night but it’s a matter of maintaining that level of performance for the ninety minutes. Manager James Hunter reflects back on the game but before that, he looks ahead to our encounter with Alnwick Town whom face an arduous itinerary on the road, playing six games on the bounce away from home!

JAMA ON ALNWICK:
Alnwick have picked up some good points lately as they have to fight for survival at the bottom so we know they will give everything they’ve got. They have scored goals against us before but we just need to focus on ourselves and what we’re good at which is moving the ball quickly and creating chances. Unfortunately, Lee Moore has called it a day and will no longer be a part of plans this season as he focuses on work and job opportunities abroad. A special mention must go to Lee as during his time at the club has been outstanding (ed. A model pro in my opinion.), a great player and a really nice person to work with. It’s sad to see him leave but I personally wish him all the best! Back to Alnwick - Gary Redman could make a move into central midfield which I am personally excited to see how he fares. It’s no lie results have not been up to the standards we expect and all I can do is guarantee it’s not for the want of trying. Tuesday nights first half proved how well we can play and I intend to take that philosophy into Saturdays game, get the three points as we have prepared all week for this. The lads are ready!!

TEAM NEWS:
Connor Dunlavey has decided to return to Whitby Town. Others who are still missing include the injured Jason Blackburn, Brandon Kirkbride and Mark Dixon while Glen Hargrave came on as a substitute the other night despite not kicking a ball of late. Lewis Shaw and Liam Gibbs continue to battle it out for the number one shirt but Gibbs is another injury concern. Town are down to the bare bones in midfield with both Reece Kenney and Jake Fenton unavailable but Jack Connor returns and Gary Redman could start in the middle; Hunter is also waiting to find out if Jamie Bellamy will be available. Elliott Beddow is expected to play up front having scored in two games in succession. Clayton Macdonald can take part as his suspension and indeed the number of games he will miss has not yet been announced by the Durham F.A. James Hunter also mentioned he had no immediate plans to bring any new faces in before the window closes at 5pm on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad